• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Login server by SuperGillis

JayBeee

Retired Global Mod
Senator
Reaction score
Hello, I have made an improved version of my first login server!
It's MySQL only!

It's very easy to use. Here's an example of the servers.xml file

Code:
<servers>
<server id="0" name="PVP" ip="127.0.0.1" port="7172"/>
<server id="1" name="NON-PVP" ip="127.0.0.1" port="7173"/>
</servers>
You'll have to add a field called server in the players table.

Code:
ALTER TABLE `players` ADD `server` INT( 11 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';
The value of the field must be equal to the server id you gave in in the servers.xml file. So if you have a player with server value 1, he will only be able to connect to the server I called NON-PVP with IP 127.0.0.1 and port 7173

Features
  • Multiple servers in one server (like real Tibia has got Trimera, Inferna, ...)
  • Standard OT features
You will probably need
  • libmysql.dll (to load the accounts/players of course)
  • libxml2.dll (to load the servers.xml file)
  • lua5.1.dll (to load the config.lua)
  • zlib1.dll (for using libxml2.dll)
  • iconv.dll (for using libxml2.dll)
Screenshots

screensz3.jpg
screen2bg1.jpg

Updates
  • Version 0.1.1
    • Updated to protocol 8.00
    • Enabled MD5
  • Version 0.1.2
    • Updated to ASIO
  • Version 0.2.1
    • Updated to 8.1
    • Added a sexy GUI (watch screenshots)
  • Version 0.2.2
    • Fixed memory leak
    • Changed GUI a bit
    • Compressed with WinRAR, I hope you can open it now :)
  • Version 0.2.3
    • Added minimum and maximum client version in config.lua
Download

Have fun! :)
I've attached the required DLL files, so you don't need to download them from somewhere else. \\Empty

Attachments

Last edited:
I have a question about this, i've been too scared to test it though.

All the servers share the same database, therefore, all the house owners would be the same for any of the servers you hosted (I would think) Same would go for tile_items and other things.

Is that true? :confused:

Not really, the servers would still save things in their own database. So you'd have 1 database for 1 server, where it saves all the houses etc. And another for the other server, where it stores it's things. If you'd be really smart you'd make a database only for characters and accounts. And 2 separate ones for both servers.

I guess i just dont understand how this program works.

So your saying its possible to have the 2 servers connected to its original database, but load the players off of a login server database?

So are the players for the login server just a guide that tells it which server to go to, and then load that player from the corresponding mysql database?

Really hard to explain what im thinking :/

Im with BarJuice, I am a little confused on how this works. In the config file it is only configured to connect to one database. If it only connects to one database how does it know to switch to another database depending on which server the character is on. The only way that I can think of explaining my issue is by an example.

Say you have two servers, server 1(Non-Pvp) and server 2(Pvp)
When a user logs into your login server it loads the player files from which server?(It either has to be server 1 or server 2) Lets say it loads them from server 1 for now. If the user wants to play a character on server 2, how does it know to switch to server 2's database?

Do you have to have three separate databases, one for server 1, another for server 2 and the third to contain all the players from both servers so it knows which server to connect too?

The way I understand it is that you would have to make a third database with the players from both server 1 and server 2, the login server then pulls the information from that database and sends the users client to the proper database? That would require a third database and for the outofgame or ingame ACC to create two characters when creating a new account, one for the login in server database and one for the proper world database.

I hope I explained myself clearly enough..

-Myndgamez

dont feel like quoting so

Features

* Multiple servers in one server (like real Tibia has got Trimera, Inferna, ...)
* Standard OT features

is that rlly true that tibia has 2 worlds per server?

@up
no that was just an example, tibia has many different servers(worlds) and they are all bound together by one login server.

On-topic, Its a really good idea but i dont think i can handle more than 1 server ;p

It is poorly written, basically copy of opentibia with very much unneeded code...

That might be, but it works, and I honestly haven't seen anything that you've started getting finished... ;)

port 7171 login server
port 7454 server 1
port 7643 server 2

They login to tibia client with port 7171, see a character list of chars from server 1 and 2, they pick a character, and the port of the client will automatic get changed? or the IP? Or both? XD Don't get it right

And I just run a server at port 7454 and 7643 and it will login to that server?

This looks intresting :]

Lol it's fucked up. In the config you need to fill in 1 DB but who got 2 servers running on 1 DB? also it laggs like hell :O

How code i need put for a people on web? thanks :)

PD: The players are in one simple database?

Yee you need add in create player Choose world example : pvp - worldid 0 nonpvp - worldid 1

btw

it works for you?

Blah this doesn't work.. i changed the id to 1 and i kept login in with the server 0..

and i tryed. i dont understand it very much..

When you start this you find servers.xml.. then you click the online button.. then do you run two servers?... open one with one config.. then just edit the config for the second server or what?

Back