• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Looking for people interested in learning c# / wpf

Athena1

Reaction score
I'm working on a map editor and I'm looking for people who want to help and want to learn how to program. I don't expect the person to actually contribute much to the editor, I mostly just like teaching people and it will give me something to do and keep me motivated on working on the editor. I do ask that the persons are atleast 15/16 years old and have done some scripting or programming. Refer to my other thread for the editor, I started off trolling a bit with my skills but if you check out the updates it will give you a good idea of where it is. This is obviously isn't paid, I will more than likely be teach in you more than you'd be helping me.

Can you teach me C++? If yes, I am interested. :)

Its more C# which is a higher level. But programming is similar regardless of language for the most part. The wpf / XAML part won't really translate over to server code which I'm assuming is why you want C++

The biggest differnces to me is the memory management, c# doesn't have pointers. C# doesnt do much any automatic casting. If you try to assign a Uint32 to a unint16 it will throw a compile error unless you explicit cast it. C# doesn't have multiple inheritance. That's with the language itself, the libraries are very different especially line. But even with all those differences, programming is easy to go from language to language because it's the design patterns and general logic thinking that is universal.

Back