• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Programmer Looking for Programmer + Scripter for a new project

morkmor

Reaction score
The Viking Saga

Intro

Me and a real life friend are currently developing a server which will be none profit ran, we are 24,25 years old and can support the server with out having to rely on players contributions. Our plan for this server is quite broad, we are looking for a half fast lvling server with progressive gear upgrade from both quests and hunting. We want to really make the ingame currency worth farming, so we are looking for nice ideas to improve our current progress on what we have already done.

What we are looking for
We are looking for a dedicated person who enjoys coding and / or scripting, you need to be relatively well known with TFS and we expect you to be able to do work with out having to be told when to do things.

What will you gain from this?
Well if you want payments you will be payed per work.
You will get full access to out alpha\beta and you will get to keep your character after release.
Full access to any and all of the best items.
A personal statue near a populated area in tribute of your contibutions.

How do i contact you?
You can find me on this forum, or on skype wiken1991

See you soon​

Last edited:
What will you gain from this?
Well if you want payments you will be payed per work, if we request a whole new script you will be paid per line of code.​
Per line of code is a bad idea.

If the person scripting is not very good, they will have more lines of code for simple stuff, never-mind for larger complex scripts.

And on the other hand, a good scripter might add additional checks to stuff.. for example..

Giving a player an item.
doPlayerAddItem(cid, itemid, count, canDropOnMap = true)

This would give a player an item, and if they have no cap/inventory room, drop on floor beneath them.
For quest items and/or very expensive/important items this isn't an ideal solution.. so you'd want to manually check if the player has inventory room and capacity, before adding the items.

Because of the additional checks you may think the scripter is trying to get more money from you for a simple job by manually checking those parts.. where in fact those checks were required.

TLDR
I suggest only paying what you are comfortable with, per request.

Last edited:
Back