• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Major differences between 0.3.6 and 0.4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dominique120

Science & Reason
Senator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Mainly regarding lua and its funtions. Can I use 0.3.6 scripts on 0.4 without having major issues?

change onTime to onTimer, receivemail, I would change that script have no ide what that problem is, never heard of it. the function addskill?! never even heard that on 0.3.6, custom function? setCombatArea is probbly also a custom functions, is this server not made by you? and edited alot? then you need to add the functions from 050 lib, to the new one. After that alot of bugs are gonna be removed. Make a new pic when its more cleaned up after this.
WibbenZ

Its MoonOTSs datapack, it was designed for 0.4 but I made several modifications for it to work for 0.3.6

Do you know how to setup the error logs?

Last edited:
Yeah, pretty much any member that registerd before -10 will probbly know how to do this, mainly since we from 08 went from 0.2 to 0.3 to 0.4 and now back to 0.2.....
But yeah if you can pay me a few euros and give me a few days with the datapack I can make it happen, but got my own project atm so can't do it on a few hours. If not then ask around, for 10-20 euro most members will help you convert the server, depending on the amount of work it needs. Pm me if you want me to do it.
WibbenZ

Yeah, pretty much any member that registerd before -10 will probbly know how to do this, mainly since we from 08 went from 0.2 to 0.3 to 0.4 and now back to 0.2.....
But yeah if you can pay me a few euros and give me a few days with the datapack I can make it happen, but got my own project atm so can't do it on a few hours. If not then ask around, for 10-20 euro most members will help you convert the server, depending on the amount of work it needs. Pm me if you want me to do it.
WibbenZ

If you can help me get this thing to load without a crash, so that i can test out the rune bug I was having earlier I might ask you do convert it. Can you help me with the crash first?

So you want me to convert it so you can test it then I should convert it?! haha or did I get that wrong?
If you ask me to convert it ill fix so the runes are ok ofc!
WibbenZ

So you want me to convert it so you can test it then I should convert it?! haha or did I get that wrong?
If you ask me to convert it ill fix so the runes are ok ofc!
WibbenZ

Nono you got it wrong haha. I just want it to stop crashing, I dont care if I get a gazillion errors, so long I can test out that nasty rune bug I dont care! If the problem disappears I'll pm you, if it does not, well there goes like 6 months of my life wasted.

Why would it go wasted? Just hire someone to get it fixed if you can't. As I said you can hire me or someone else. A tip is to make sure the member isent "new" higher risk of getting scammed.
WibbenZ

Why would it go wasted? Just hire someone to get it fixed if you can't. As I said you can hire me or someone else. A tip is to make sure the member isent "new" higher risk of getting scammed.
WibbenZ

I would but:
1. I have no money, my bank account balance is at -$350 and I'm getting everything off a relatives account. I dont even know how I'm going to pay for the hosting of this thing.
2. I rather do it myself and learn.
Of course I'm going to ask you because you offered for help and I've seen you around this forum tons of times.

Yeah the money problem I can't help you with haha, But if you run out of luck on the server dont do as I and many others have, give up.. Memories of old servers ive had and insted ended up in the bin.
And doing it yourself isent always the right way to go, I still after 5 years on the forum, cant handle ubuntu. Either I pay someone I trust to set it up, or I host it on windows.
But yeah ask if you have any easy things and ill help you out!
WibbenZ

Yeah the money problem I can't help you with haha, But if you run out of luck on the server dont do as I and many others have, give up.. Memories of old servers ive had and insted ended up in the bin.
And doing it yourself isent always the right way to go, I still after 5 years on the forum, cant handle ubuntu. Either I pay someone I trust to set it up, or I host it on windows.
But yeah ask if you have any easy things and ill help you out!
WibbenZ

Just the crash for now, Its all I want fixed. Or the rune dropping thing in 0.3.6

Well the crash, you have to convert the server, since you haven't made it before, read the console errors like 3-4 times, alot of the times you miss what its saying and you make a new error, Also check what functions its giving the error on, eg. I said onTime to onTimer. There are a few of those. Or as I said pay someone, its probbly better and you will get it done faster.
First time I did smth like this it was from 0.2 to 0.3, I think it was like 8.4 or smth like that, ages ago. I think it took me like 6 weeks, with school back then included ofc.
WibbenZ

Well the crash, you have to convert the server, since you haven't made it before, read the console errors like 3-4 times, alot of the times you miss what its saying and you make a new error, Also check what functions its giving the error on, eg. I said onTime to onTimer. There are a few of those. Or as I said pay someone, its probbly better and you will get it done faster.
First time I did smth like this it was from 0.2 to 0.3, I think it was like 8.4 or smth like that, ages ago. I think it took me like 6 weeks, with school back then included ofc.
WibbenZ

Do you know how to set the error logs? these things go so fast I cant even read them

Then you need to recompile sorry bud, like you have never been able to compile 0.4, well like the first revs I downloded, but never 3777 or 3884. Best thing is to check the bottom and work your self up, or record a movie and slowmotion copy or make pics of the errors.
WibbenZ

Then you need to recompile sorry bud, like you have never been able to compile 0.4, well like the first revs I downloded, but never 3777 or 3884. Best thing is to check the bottom and work your self up, or record a movie and slowmotion copy or make pics of the errors.
WibbenZ

Do yo have any idea as to what may be causing the crash? I'll start working on fixing the errors from the bottom then.

Well its hard to say, but might be due to all the errors, if you replaced the libs, you might be missing functions, eg. function onGetPlayerInArea or smth like that, alot of scripts use that function but the libs I sent don't have them. You need to work your way up, and when you see things like "weird function wound, killing myself" give a search on google, otland and the functions name.(easier then the search function if you ask me)
And I hope you replaced the dlls?! :p
WibbenZ

Well its hard to say, but might be due to all the errors, if you replaced the libs, you might be missing functions, eg. function onGetPlayerInArea or smth like that, alot of scripts use that function but the libs I sent don't have them. You need to work your way up, and when you see things like "weird function wound, killing myself" give a search on google, otland and the functions name.(easier then the search function if you ask me)
And I hope you replaced the dlls?! :p
WibbenZ

I have everyrything in such a mess that I propably did. What dlls should I use?

But you fixed talkaction too? They added that they can get god and on the map are hidden items

What about hidden items?And what about getting gods? I tested every single talkaction, removed a few and fixed a few. This pack indeed had many issues, and many features where broken(like the vip) and the whole map and many things where in polish so I fixed all the stuff and translated it. Yes I did not fix everything yet, thats why I'm still here spamming the support forum.

I also did not want this to be "just a copy of MoonOTS" so I I've added a few things, a new simple quest, edited some items, added some items, and I also remapped a few areas. I want to establish the OTS, get opinions and all that then add several new hunting areas and maybe even update to a newer protocol to get mounts and new items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom