• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Major differences between 0.3.6 and 0.4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dominique120

Science & Reason
Senator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Mainly regarding lua and its funtions. Can I use 0.3.6 scripts on 0.4 without having major issues?

can't you check the change logs? i mean, if they would edit a function, they might've written about it

Damn ... people rly just write here. YES you can do, there might be some functions that are diffrent, take the datapack, replace all the xml files, data/x/libs and data/libs files.
There is only one reason to find out if you miss any functions, try it out. Also replace the config.lua and dlls.
Just make a new thread or pm me or someone else if you can't repair it yourself.
WibbenZ

Edit: BTW make sure you get a good rev. I prefer (for 8.60) 3777 for linux and 3884 for windows. I got them both if you want em, since the "no share rule" isen't here anymore!

can't you check the change logs? i mean, if they would edit a function, they might've written about it

I would love to but I am not a premium member so I dont have access to the premium svn. So before spending money on premium here I would like to know.

Check around on the forum, you can find ALOT of revs out, since Mark said he would not care about that rule anymore. So getting premium ONLY for the logs and revs, no points becouse they don't exist anymore!
WibbenZ

Edit: Maybe you wanted a higher "0.4"? 10.x+
In that case you aren't looking for 0.4, you are looking for 0.3.7, I think... Its either that or 0.2.x, Check in the svn or dists. in the download section!

Check around on the forum, you can find ALOT of revs out, since Mark said he would not care about that rule anymore. So getting premium ONLY for the logs and revs, no points becouse they don't exist anymore!
WibbenZ

Edit: Maybe you wanted a higher "0.4"? 10.x+
In that case you aren't looking for 0.4, you are looking for 0.3.7, I think... Its either that or 0.2.x, Check in the svn or dists. in the download section!

I've looked up and down the downloads section and isn't a lot :( I looked at the free scn but all what is there is available in the downloads section. I only want a 8.60 server, I'm looking at OTX now because its based on TFS 0.4. I'm trying to fix that nasty bug that I posted a few days ago, I'm hoping that this will fix it, but we'll see.

Edit - If @Mark said that its ok to release distros from the private SVN why not just dump the whole SVN to a torrent or something like that? Or maybe someone could get me what I'm looking for?

Depends, I got ALOT been stupid and downloaded alot of revs that are bugged so just name it haha, jokes aside, you got 2 revs to pick from, 3884 or 3777. I got 3884 compiled as x64(windows rev), and uncompiled 3777(linux rev)
And yes, someone should upload them to smth, I prefer to skip torrents for "light" files like this. But there is some thread in distros or datapack where alot of 0.4 has been put for download.
Just pm me if you want 3884, spend a month seraching for that one, when I found Stian(old tfs member) took it before he got fired.
3777, well you can find that anywhere, since you have to compile it anyways on a linux computer.
WibbenZ

Depends, I got ALOT been stupid and downloaded alot of revs that are bugged so just name it haha, jokes aside, you got 2 revs to pick from, 3884 or 3777. I got 3884 compiled as x64(windows rev), and uncompiled 3777(linux rev)
And yes, someone should upload them to smth, I prefer to skip torrents for "light" files like this. But there is some thread in distros or datapack where alot of 0.4 has been put for download.
Just pm me if you want 3884, spend a month seraching for that one, when I found Stian(old tfs member) took it before he got fired.
3777, well you can find that anywhere, since you have to compile it anyways on a linux computer.
WibbenZ

I have the sources for both 3777 and 3884 but Its just impossible to compile it, for some reason I simply cant compile them. If you could send me a copy of your compiled source I would be grateful. PM on the way, thanks!

@ thread: I would still like to know the differences between 0.3.6 and 0.4.

This is the one im using right now, bug free but its for windows, aka 3884 64bit, compiled by stian.
http://speedy*****malware.localhost/Uz7XV/tfs64.exe
And I don't have a 3777 compiled, since you have to compile it diffrently on linux.

The most thing that is diffrent, is stability, safety etc. A tip is to download any 0.4 on otland, and look at the changelog as said above.
WibbenZ

This is the one im using right now, bug free but its for windows, aka 3884 64bit, compiled by stian.
http://speedy*****malware.localhost/Uz7XV/tfs64.exe
And I don't have a 3777 compiled, since you have to compile it diffrently on linux.

The most thing that is diffrent, is stability, safety etc. A tip is to download any 0.4 on otland, and look at the changelog as said above.
WibbenZ

I get a ton of erros and a crash when starting this with my current files, looks like I have a lot of work to do. Thanks anyways.

Give us a couple of pics, did you update the libs? If you are lazy, start with 050-functions hahaha

Give us a couple of pics, did you update the libs? If you are lazy, start with 050-functions hahaha

I dont really care about fixing the errors, I just want to fix the bug I was having with the runes remember? I'm going to start it up and post a pic.

Yeha do that, but try the libs I sent you, they will remove alot of errors I think, the lib files containes ALOT of functions etc. that is needed. And if you ask me, 0.3.6 is waay to old, sure 0.4 isent new, but its the best for an 8.6 server without a doubt.

Yeha do that, but try the libs I sent you, they will remove alot of errors I think, the lib files containes ALOT of functions etc. that is needed. And if you ask me, 0.3.6 is waay to old, sure 0.4 isent new, but its the best for an 8.6 server without a doubt.

This is where it crashes, before this there are many other errors. Crashes in the same place with the 04 libs to

crash.JPG

change onTime to onTimer, receivemail, I would change that script have no ide what that problem is, never heard of it. the function addskill?! never even heard that on 0.3.6, custom function? setCombatArea is probbly also a custom functions, is this server not made by you? and edited alot? then you need to add the functions from 050 lib, to the new one. After that alot of bugs are gonna be removed. Make a new pic when its more cleaned up after this.
WibbenZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back