• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Mapper Mapper required for unique server (Harry Potter OTS)

tosuxo

Reaction score
We are a new server with high ambitions. We require a talented mapper to help with myself and collaborate to make a new and exciting game.

Right now I am working on this project almost alone, with only one other person looking after the community. I am an experienced programmer with around 10 years experience in ORPG programming.

I'm looking for someone who is as excited about making a server based on an expansive world which has so many unique opportunities as this. If your ambition is as high as mine for this server then you are the most likely to join the team.

Right now we have a semi-large map, but without many hunting locations (due to lack of time to make new loot tables for monsters) and trying to distribute my spare time between adding new caves and new scripts to the game and trying to re-balance the game I am very limited to what I can do.

Your role in this server will be to provide an exciting environment for the players to enjoy this unique game.

You will be given almost complete creative control of the game world. Naturally you will be asked to make certain areas with certain purposes.

What makes this server different from the rest?
This server will give players almost absolute control of everything. From the price of food to the price of potions (mana pots etc). Players will be able to control the economy directly by setting the demand and supply of everything.

This server also has a purely magic based system where melee weapons are completely removed. Hopefully shortly we will have a custom client with unique graphics to make the game world even more enjoyable.

How to apply?
Please post examples of your work, be it a small area you have made or screenshots of full maps you've made previously.
Also please state why you wish to be a part of this exciting opportunity.
Please also state if you will be willing to work as a team of map makers working on different areas of the game world. If so, please say if you'd prefer to be a mapper or be in charge of collaborating the maps into the main game world.

Sorry for the long-winded post, but I wanted to explain exactly why this server could be amazing.

Thank you for any replies.

I wouldn't know of any before this one. But no doubt the previous ones weren't good enough thus why they're gone now.

I could go on for hours about my ideas for the server, but I won't bore you to death as some of the features are a good month or two away ;)

still looking for a mapper, and possibly an assistant to work on the spells and balancing

Back