• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ Most of GM commands not Working (TFS 1.5 Nekiro's 772 Downgrade)

jakub742

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi, just want to ask if someone is experiencing similar ingame behaviour. I have GM character with group_id set to 6, game shows player as God but the commands that actually works are: goto, up, down, /a

Others commands are simply not working - no output to game chat or server console. I want to use /m /s /i to create monsters summons items to test stuff but i cant.
Talkactions contains all the commands mentioned like /m /i with scripts.

I cant figure out why is it not working since there are no error messages. Thanks for the reply

Solution

Solution
Lua Script Error: [CreatureScript Interface]
data/creaturescripts/scripts/login.lua:eek:nLogin
data/creaturescripts/scripts/login.lua:20: attempt to index global 'PlayerStorageKeys' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function '__index'
data/creaturescripts/scripts/login.lua:20: in function <data/creaturescripts/scripts/login.lua:1>
Pasturry has logged out.

Can anyone explain me the rationale behind having account type and group type? Why this was split like this instead of just by character?

Easy. GM's or Server owners might enjoy playing the game as well, or perhaps find it necessary to have test characters, without the want or need of entire server knowing its them logged in.

With the account type and group's the way they are, one could easily create an account type that is still a type of administrator account and thus allows stuff like multi-clienting, but can also write logic on website that when searching accounts to list characters, only lists the characters that aren't in the admin/gm/god group. These characters, not being a type of admin, can now properly test things, like skill gains, monster ai, ect, without "god powers" interfering, and thanks to the account still being admin, they can login multiple characters to test things more extensively, all while maintaining secrecy while working.

Ofc that's just an example off the top of my head, as that is what I use the two independent systems for, I'm quite certain there are many more uses if I sat here and wanted to get creative

The main purpose of account type i believe is for logging in on the website, and having admin panel, as well as mc possibility, and the main purpose for groups is managing permissions for admins, tutors, CM's, GM's, Gods, w/e you want to call your staff.

Easy. GM's or Server owners might enjoy playing the game as well, or perhaps find it necessary to have test characters, without the want or need of entire server knowing its them logged in.

With the account type and group's the way they are, one could easily create an account type that is still a type of administrator account and thus allows stuff like multi-clienting, but can also write logic on website that when searching accounts to list characters, only lists the characters that aren't in the admin/gm/god group. These characters, not being a type of admin, can now properly test things, like skill gains, monster ai, ect, without "god powers" interfering, and thanks to the account still being admin, they can login multiple characters to test things more extensively, all while maintaining secrecy while working.

Ofc that's just an example off the top of my head, as that is what I use the two independent systems for, I'm quite certain there are many more uses if I sat here and wanted to get creative

The main purpose of account type i believe is for logging in on the website, and having admin panel, as well as mc possibility, and the main purpose for groups is managing permissions for admins, tutors, CM's, GM's, Gods, w/e you want to call your staff.
it doesn't explain, otherwise the checks of the talkactions would be just for group id and not for account id

it doesn't explain, otherwise the checks of the talkactions would be just for group id and not for account id
That's called being thorough, and honestly I don't know what the intentions were for, like I said, I know what I use them for, and anyone can really use them for w/e serves their purpose, but clearly one is meant for players (groups) and other for accounts (accounts), and if you still disagree, well then thats your right to just be negative, you asked for a reason, or a purpose and I gave you one, for everyone else, its their choice what they use them for

Can anyone explain me the rationale behind having account type and group type? Why this was split like this instead of just by character?
personally I use it to let my player character on god account use some admin permissions though I do agree that it could use some cleanup/standardization

That's called being thorough, and honestly I don't know what the intentions were for, like I said, I know what I use them for, and anyone can really use them for w/e serves their purpose, but clearly one is meant for players (groups) and other for accounts (accounts), and if you still disagree, well then thats your right to just be negative, you asked for a reason, or a purpose and I gave you one, for everyone else, its their choice what they use them for
I'm not being negative, I'm just saying the aruument was not strong enough.
All talkactions check for both account and group ID, it makes no sense and it's redundant. The account ID could be as simple as a tag in the account separated from this whole command system

I'm not being negative, I'm just saying the aruument was not strong enough.
All talkactions check for both account and group ID, it makes no sense and it's redundant. The account ID could be as simple as a tag in the account separated from this whole command system
You can very well change every single "gamemaster" talkaction to check for only group or only account... and I honestly didn't know I was supposed to be arguing anything.

You can make talkactions for only certain account types, lets call it, super vip accounts, and these accounts get special talkactions now. Or perhaps, you want to build a cheat system for a different account type, can do either of those things, but also say instead of it being by the account, the system you make allows the person that buys it, to only be able to use it on one player per account, and now that player gets assigned to the "group" that gets these perks. Its all in how the user decides to use the systems. Can go either or, neither, or both...

TFS datapack is just for demonstration purposes, compatability with older tfs, and a spot to put other libs, and also used for testing functionality. You are not required to check for both accountype and group to execute "blah" talkaction. It's just a demo man, just a demo

And as for the "account id could be as simple as a tag in the account seperated from this whole command system". Well I'm sure you meant something other than account id, but yes, TFS also offers plenty means of communicating with the database that if your heart desires to make an entirely separate system, to be used in this manner, yes you can also do it that way as well.