• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Necronia - Discussion

So many things in this video remind me of me and Necronia, I guess which is why you posted it here in the first place.
But I can tell you that we won't be adding any new features anymore, from now on (like the last 1-2 months) it's just pushing out the missing content and finalizing.

New content and features can come in updates later, it's important that we finish and release the server first.
i feel the same shit over here lol

I'm extremely sorry if I mislead anyone, the IP i posted in my previous news update and told you to connect to is not the correct one. This one is:

uFgLzHV.png

It seems like I have forgotten(?) my account name / password and there's no way for me to retrieve the information. Is it possible that my account was deleted? Even my character doesn't exist anymore...

It seems like I have forgotten(?) my account name / password and there's no way for me to retrieve the information. Is it possible that my account was deleted? Even my character doesn't exist anymore...

Can you PM me your account name, email and the name of a single character from your account so I can verify what's going on?
It also depends when your account was created.

If there is anyone else who can not log in because their account didn't exist in the old version of the database, please PM me here or on Necronia's facebook page and I will help you retrieve your account.

As much as I want to like this server, so many small things make me want to give up.

-The client is clunky. The "view" system is frustrating to use as you need to manually close the box every single time. It also takes forever to popup/disappear, so things like comparing food (which is important because of the vitamins) is annoying.

-The map, oh god the map. It makes me feel claustrophobic for some reason. There is WAY too much stuff on the screen, you have no idea where you can walk and where you can't. I know details are important in a map, but details should be used with moderation. When you over-load your map, it makes it unrealistic, it hurts the gameplay and it makes the map feel much smaller than it is. Maybe it's also an aesthetic issue, like using too many different sprites with different "styles". Trees from old-school Tibia, modern Tibia and custom sprites don't mix well together : https://i.imgur.com/DdFxIJO.jpg It's like playing Mario with sprites from the first game, the second game and the third game. They use different textures, styles, color palettes, etc.

-The loot. There is too much of it. It's tedious to drag 5-6 items every single rat you kill. I mean, loot diversity is great, but the loot % chance should be MUCH lower so that you get 1-2 item(s) on average, just like regular Tibia. I mean, I'm killing rats, not demons. I want demons to drop a crapload of loot because they're end-game monsters and it's satisfying to kill something big and loot big stuff. Low-end monsters on the other hand shouldn't drop that many items because we kill them in mass quantity anyway.

Another issue, not as important as the three above :

-As much as I think "vitamins" are a great end-game system, it's not really user-friendly for a newbie and you always need to "look" at food to see their "nutrition values" and then check the vitamins information to see what these vitamins do. Managing your health/mana regen is pretty complex for the first few levels ...

Last edited:
I have to agree on points that Skorr made. Map can feel overloaded with things, and sometimes it is not that clear to even see floor difference (-1,0,+1).
True that rats have plenty things to loot but it won't occur with stronger monsters, or at least it doesn't feel that way.
Although other thing I would like to mention is bordering. Actuall borders are placed like below displayed borders so things like this can happen.
udcbxfzwyinjqvmalyktbiwkcwxkhqujsugqcumtfmidlebqmzxxujqtufrujbmrrszybfjieyavvohrswuvrxlxlqxhouyvlvmu

cut field of view.
Same with chat, from this:
jihefdbgdevzhzcneznxqlhhjnaknfztxpjzqbuihjatfoiopdmhdaaswawvpbvpywgjktnnysojchodyrwycnmtoihtbynrhedh

to this:
rjqnhjvnqpvzzowlnibhuzlybxtazvhjmotvwfgbodcmwvlpqrumavcxkepglbmquoqmzcqqcuggvjlfchlidnwmtqymarvcbpvb

This is how the "view" system should work :

The classic "view" will remain, meaning that you can "view" everything in the game and the box popup will appear at the top of the screen (locked there, it can't be moved).

Note : The box size is adjusted. Right now, the box is WAY too big, like two times too big. I also changed the color for better contrast (shouldn't be as bright though, but anyway).

EnqWGBw.png

Then we get the second option, the "Free-view". Instead of left+right clicking on an item to see the information, you just press a key (for example, the SPACE key which is easily accessible when playing with WASD) which activates the free-view tool . When it's activated, all ITEMS (so everything that can be moved/put in your inventory) can be highlighted when you put your mouse over it. So when you put your mouse over an item, the info box will appear right above the item (or to the left of the inventory/your backpack). You can skim all the items in your inventory and see all the information really quickly, without having to left click + right click all the items and compare them. The info box should appear instantly.

6lsA4DK.png

Last edited:
As much as I want to like this server, so many small things make me want to give up.

-The client is clunky. The "view" system is frustrating to use as you need to manually close the box every single time. It also takes forever to popup/disappear, so things like comparing food (which is important because of the vitamins) is annoying.

-The map, oh god the map. It makes me feel claustrophobic for some reason. There is WAY too much stuff on the screen, you have no idea where you can walk and where you can't. I know details are important in a map, but details should be used with moderation. When you over-load your map, it makes it unrealistic, it hurts the gameplay and it makes the map feel much smaller than it is. Maybe it's also an aesthetic issue, like using too many different sprites with different "styles". Trees from old-school Tibia, modern Tibia and custom sprites don't mix well together : https://i.imgur.com/DdFxIJO.jpg It's like playing Mario with sprites from the first game, the second game and the third game. They use different textures, styles, color palettes, etc.

-The loot. There is too much of it. It's tedious to drag 5-6 items every single rat you kill. I mean, loot diversity is great, but the loot % chance should be MUCH lower so that you get 1-2 item(s) on average, just like regular Tibia. I mean, I'm killing rats, not demons. I want demons to drop a crapload of loot because they're end-game monsters and it's satisfying to kill something big and loot big stuff. Low-end monsters on the other hand shouldn't drop that many items because we kill them in mass quantity anyway.

Another issue, not as important as the three above :

-As much as I think "vitamins" are a great end-game system, it's not really user-friendly for a newbie and you always need to "look" at food to see their "nutrition values" and then check the vitamins information to see what these vitamins do. Managing your health/mana regen is pretty complex for the first few levels ...

I have to agree on points that Skorr made. Map can feel overloaded with things, and sometimes it is not that clear to even see floor difference (-1,0,+1).
True that rats have plenty things to loot but it won't occur with stronger monsters, or at least it doesn't feel that way.
Although other thing I would like to mention is bordering. Actuall borders are placed like below displayed borders so things like this can happen.
udcbxfzwyinjqvmalyktbiwkcwxkhqujsugqcumtfmidlebqmzxxujqtufrujbmrrszybfjieyavvohrswuvrxlxlqxhouyvlvmu

cut field of view.
Same with chat, from this:
jihefdbgdevzhzcneznxqlhhjnaknfztxpjzqbuihjatfoiopdmhdaaswawvpbvpywgjktnnysojchodyrwycnmtoihtbynrhedh

to this:
rjqnhjvnqpvzzowlnibhuzlybxtazvhjmotvwfgbodcmwvlpqrumavcxkepglbmquoqmzcqqcuggvjlfchlidnwmtqymarvcbpvb

We've heard similar complaints before and fear not, we will make changes in hopes to satisfy the community.
The client itself only has 2 noticeable issues at the moment - you can't "grip" the borders of some windows on places where you think the border is (because the visual representation of the border is much broader than the actual coded border), which is something we will aim to fix in the future, but is not really a priority right now. The other one are the missing minimap marks, which should be getting re-added in 1.17, or eventually in 1.18 if we face more problems with the implementation.

The 'view' box is a new feature here, works different from what you're used to in the original client, thus it takes some time to adapt, but becomes a normal thing once you're used to the fact that it works like that in this server.
However, players have complained before that the fade-in/fade-out delay is too long, so I've already modified the delay for the next patch and it shows up much faster now.

I'm gonna take it that you haven't left Bawfuria at all, and you're only basing your opinion on the map off of your limited area experience. I know exactly what you're talking about (the temple-hill area most likely is the first thing causing this confusion) and this is something we will aim to change soon to be more visually pleasing.

Once again, I'm only going to assume you're talking about the starter monsters and the fact that they drop a lot of loot is because they drop 'particles' very commonly, which can already take up 1 to 3 slots in the loot, making it feel overwhelming. However, it's up to you to just right-click them once and obtain the healing from them, and the item will disappear. Not the most practical way of doing it, so I will most likely remove the particles from the game and make a passive ability for newbie characters that heals them (like particles do) after every kill on a starter monster (think rats, black rats, spinneretars, red weavers, bats...). This will clean up some of the mess in the loot, which will leave rats (for example) with a loot list of 6 items, 1 of which is the very rare relic, so they will drop worms, rat tails, cheese, shrimp and whatever the fifth item is (i forgot). I feel like that should be alright.

This is how the "view" system should work :

The classic "view" will remain, meaning that you can "view" everything in the game and the box popup will appear at the top of the screen (locked there, it can't be moved).

Note : The box size is adjusted. Right now, the box is WAY too big, like two times too big. I also changed the color for better contrast (shouldn't be as bright though, but anyway).

EnqWGBw.png

Then we get the second option, the "Free-view". Instead of left+right clicking on an item to see the information, you just press a key (for example, the SPACE key which is easily accessible when playing with WASD) which activates the free-view tool . When it's activated, all ITEMS (so everything that can be moved/put in your inventory) can be highlighted when you put your mouse over it. So when you put your mouse over an item, the info box will appear right above the item (or to the left of the inventory/your backpack). You can skim all the items in your inventory and see all the information really quickly, without having to left click + right click all the items and compare them. The info box should appear instantly.

6lsA4DK.png

In an ideal world, we'd be able to implement my version of the look system, which would work something similar to this (very nice visualization and suggestion btw), however, we don't live in an ideal world and the staff is already preoccupied with a ton of high priority things in order to get the server ready for release content-wise and engine stability-wise. To recode the entire view system, especially with the highlight feature you mentioned there would take so much precious time that could've been used to develop more meaningful features, so it may or may not happen one time in the future, but don't expect any changes other than the fade-in/fade-out speed until further notice.

I'm currently in the process of preparing and finalizing features for the 1.17 patch which will include a wide variety of changes, from gameplay changes to client changes and some overdue bugfixes to things the community has reported on BitBucket. It's taking a while because I have other stuff to do as well, but I should be able to put in at least 40-50 hours of work over the next 4 days into Necronia and get that released hopefully.

In today's news update, I'm here to talk about the changes brought with and after the 1.17 client patch, as well as what's coming next.

Shadowstriker Changes

The patch, above all, brought the long expected Shadowstriker changes which we'll go over right now. Shadowstriker has been a rather shady (pardon the pun) class for a long period, where they didn't quite fit their role properly nor fulfill some of the goals we initially had imagined for them. So, after a while of collecting feedback and thoughts of the testers as well as analyzing the situation, we finally brought some changes that should help nudge them in the direction from now on. We added more mobility and changed the broken stealth mechanic that allowed you to stay stealthed for super long periods of time, allowing safe escape from anyone and anything, with small risk of getting caught. Now, you can no longer be stealthed for 2 minutes, but only for mere seconds, so you'll have to think carefully what you want to do during that time. Do you position yourself for a backstab and a sneak attack, or do you use the time to run away?

Shadowstrikers are rangers, lest we forget, so we incorporated something to help them quickly switch between ranged and melee weapons whenever they want to - the spell Gadgetize, and this utility should let you kite and poke your enemies while you're running away from them and waiting for your cooldowns, then run in and stab them with all you've got when your cooldowns are ready. Go into stealth -> repeat. This should bring some dynamic to the way players play the vocation, and not to mention, require a bit of practice and skill, which is never bad.

gM5ryOK.png

80 new daggers / dagger combos have been implemented. Although, not all of them will be available right away, many new blacksmithing recipes for them have already been added and you can start testing them out. By doing this, we've finally made the roster of shadowstriker weapon's richer, as well as introduced variety to the weapon choices offered to you. Combine two of your favorite daggers to have both of their special effects as well as more stats.

We have removed some of the old spells and replaced them with new ones, as well as added a few original ones. Their passive ability was also completely changed.

tWWXqyj.png

The new spells and the [Shadow Shroud] stealth we've given them will make the backs of your enemies accessible, allowing you to proc. [Dark Discipline] and deal more damage with its help. [Shadow Shrouds] can now be created by spells or other means, and allow you a safe shelter and a power spike while you're standing inside of them. Organize your hunts and follow the game-time by typing !time. Your spells have bonus effects and powers during night, so it would be a pity to go out and hunt during the day! Use the day-time to resupply and take some rest, then hunt during the night for maximum efficiency.

Here are a few more:

o45sFRo.gif

We'll see how these changes are going to affect the overall feel and gameplay of Shadowstriker, but we are hoping to see positive results as soon as possible.
Until we gather more feedback on this, we'll continue to work on other vocations and bringing them up to speed with the latest balance changes in general.

Elixirs

The patch brings a new component to the game, a new source of supplements for your characters - elixirs. These potions will empower your character for a period of time, and the buffs and heals they provide vary from anything you'd need on a defender to anything you'd need on a frail saint. Check out some of the elixirs down below:

4IYd8nD.png

For example:
hBRualc.gif

However, they are not available for regular purchase. You'll have to find a way to get them. You can buy Small Vitality, Immanence and Phantom Potions from Martha and Vapora Incilis, but all the rest are sold elsewhere. Can you find your way to these elixirs?
We'll see.

Character profile and Introduction of new badges

bD6LDDy.png

So, for a while now, we've had the character badges in the game.
When you [look] at a person, you can see their badges, vocation, age and achievements.
We're looking to expand the character profile with more information and personalization, so we will be introducing [profile pictures] soon.
They will be displayed beneath your badges.

We are also introducing a wide variety of new badges, some of which will be obtainable ingame, some of which will be offered through our new donation shop system, that's still in development.
Take a look at some of the new badges in this collection of badges we have so far:

y2DQjo7.png

The Changes from Before and New Changelog

There has been a large number of changes we have not announced anywhere or wrote about, except for the changelog (and obviously ingame), so some of you may be surprised to see some spells such as the reworked spellcaster spell [Living Vegetation]. We apologize for the huge delay between news posts, but sometimes our free time is better spent working on the server itself rather than writing about what has changed. If you truly want to know every detail of what we're willing to tell you, head over to the changelog and keep track of it.
While at the topic of the changelog, you will notice that it has received a new look with nicer formatting and better organization.
This is something I want to make sure all changelog readers know:

Logs are now categorized.
What this means, for example, is: I will create a log called "Gameplay Changes" on 5th of April, at 9 AM, for example.
If we make any gameplay changes during the same day (5th of April) but after 9 AM, that log from earlier this morning will be updated, instead of creating a new one for the changes made during the same day.
Only if we decide that there is a group of changes that deserve their own category, we will create one, otherwise it will be kept nice and tidy under "Gameplay Changes". From now on, "Gameplay Changes" will be indexed with a number so that it's easier to refer to them.

And now... something that will delight many ears...

The Dawn of Joy Returns
(Now more Joyful than before)

Do you remember your last christmas on Necronia?
Those who do will recall a certain adventure with santa, party-themed Bawfuria and decorating a giant christmas tree.

Above all, the server went open-beta for a week and everyone could participate... oh... how fun that was.

10922428_903173489714366_2148530012626032438_n.png

Well, good news Necronians. Really good news!

This christmas, Necronia goes full open-beta!

As we bring this closed-beta era to an end, once again, I'd like to thank everyone who participated (and signs up during the remaining time) and for all your great work and feedback you've provided. We're looking to take the things to the next level this, starting this christmas, where, after we have some fun for the holidays, we'll start collecting more feedback and suggestions in the final round of preparations before release. Until then, more content and features will be released and fixed up.

We are aware that there are still bugs lurking around every corner, but we can not linger forever. As long as they are not game-breaking or server-crashing, bugs like visual ones can wait for a fix while we deal with more important matters, such as getting the server itself ready for release feature-wise.

Before [The Dawn of Joy] launches this christmas, all existing beta accounts will be saved and marked, and will receive a reward once the server is publicly launched.
The rewards will be announced once we are ready to announce the release itself.

See you all on Necronia soon, and... get hype! The Dawn of Joy is almost here!

Hey Shiva! I'm back from a long "study-rush" but i can't download Necronia from the site. Can you post the link here? Or give me a pv.

Will there be a wipe on release? or will we keep our open beta characters?

There will be a total character wipe. We want everyone to be on equal footing when starting out and to not break the economy from the start due to previous bugs. You will, however, keep your accounts and likely obtain some goodies for being in the beta.

Awesome! i got the chance to play this for the week it was open last christmas and im very glad to hear its gona be available soon, im just wondering how to get my account back as i havnt played since then :p i was Injek.

Back