• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Need help making custom items

Teppo

Reaction score
Hello,

My server is 0.4 and its for 8.60 client

I'm not sure am i right, but if i make new sprites in .spr file, every player hwo wants to play my server needs to have same .spr file as i have?

Is it possible, to make custom items without editing .spr and .dat files?

I mean, if i just want to duplicate a item and edit it (so if i want to edit a helmet or armor, the real item will stay as it is, example. Golden Helmet stays, and then i have "Donation Helmet" and it looks like g helm.)

So, if that can be done, i would have items in server like,

Golden Helmet (Arm:12)
Donation Helmet (Arm:15, +5 magic level)

If this is possible, can someone help me telling step by step, how to do it :)

Edit: i tried to search about this, in here (Otland) but i didn't find anything :D

Thank you
~Teppo

Well, i just tried, what happens if i just try to make new item in items.xml.

So, i put this one in items.xml: (i just copied it from golden helmet and added that magic at the end of it)

PHP:
        <item id="2471" article="a" name="Donation Helmet">
        <attribute key="description" value="It is the famous Helmet of the Finvera." />
        <attribute key="weight" value="3200" />
        <attribute key="armor" value="15" />
        <attribute key="slotType" value="head" />
        <attribute key="magiclevelpoints" value="5" />
    </item>

So i was 99.9% sure that it wont work, but actually it did. i was wondering that can it possibly be so easy?

But when i start up my server again i get this error:
[Warning - Items::loadfromxml] Duplicate registered item with id 2471

So, when i log in, i got my Donation helmet, but the golden helmet isn't there anymore :D

What i need to do, if i want to change Donation Helmets item id and it still looks like g helm? :)

PS. And the + magic level doesn't work, i dont know whats up with that, i copied it from Focus cape and it works fine. :D

Thx :)

Last edited:
Well, i just tried, what happens if i just try to make new item in items.xml.

So, i put this one in items.xml: (i just copied it from golden helmet and added that magic at the end of it)

PHP:
        <item id="2471" article="a" name="Donation Helmet">
        <attribute key="description" value="It is the famous Helmet of the Finvera." />
        <attribute key="magiclevelpoints" value="5" />
    </item>

So i was 99.9% sure that it wont work, but actually it did. i was wondering that can it possibly be so easy?

But when i start up my server again i get this error:
[Warning - Items::loadfromxml] Duplicate registered item with id 2471

So, when i log in, i got my Donation helmet, but the golden helmet isn't there anymore :D

What i need to do, if i want to change Donation Helmets item id and it still looks like g helm? :)

PS. And the + magic level doesn't work, i dont know whats up with that, i copied it from Focus cape and it works fine. :D

Thx :)

dont forget the moveements.xml

Code:
<movevent type="Equip" itemid="2216" slot="ring" event="function" value="onEquipItem"/>
<movevent type="DeEquip" itemid="2216" slot="ring" event="function" value="onDeEquipItem"/>

there is a example for a ring,u need the itemid="2216" slot="ring"

Yeah thx, i made it now and i got it working,

16:42 You see a Donation Helmet (Arm:15, club fighting +5, sword fighting +5, axe fighting +5, distance fighting +5, magic level +3, protection all +5%).
It weighs 32.00 oz.

But there is one big problem.. When i equip this helmet, i get the skills it says, but when i take it away, the skills stay even if i dont have that helmet equipped anymore. Then i tested that i used another helmet for a sec, i still had my skills SAME AS DONATE HELMET EQUIPPED and then, i equip donate helmet again, and i get those skills again..

So, if you dont understand, first my skills was 10, then i put this helmet on and my skills are 15. Then i take it off, and skills stays as 15. Then i try other helmet and skills just are the same 15, and then i equip donate helmet and my skills goes to 20 :D

This is from items.xml
PHP:
        <item id="12645" article="a" name="Donation Helmet">
        <attribute key="skillsword" value="5" />
        <attribute key="skillaxe" value="5" />
        <attribute key="skillclub" value="5" />
        <attribute key="skilldist" value="5" />
        <attribute key="magiclevelpoints" value="3" />
        <attribute key="absorbpercentall" value="5" />
    </item>

this is from movements.xml
PHP:
    <movevent type="Equip" itemid="12645" slot="head" event="function" value="onEquipItem">
    <movevent type="DeEquip" itemid="12645" slot="head" event="function" value="onDeEquipItem"/>

Thx for answering :)

Back
Top Bottom