• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Scripter Needed. Lua and NPC knowledge essential. Will pay REAL cash

Entern

Reaction score
Alrite, first off I mean money, real spend in shops and stuff money, I'm not going to offer you gp on my server, items etc... I don't see the point, and sure you don't want it anyway, although if you do, feel free to mention it. GM / Staff accounts on the server, if you are actually interested, then let me know and we can sort something out, just personally I dont see the desire, as you'll know whats going to happen anyway, since you helped with it.
I'm not asking for people to apply for staff accounts, I'm offering them to those 'scripting' or whatever you would call it for me.

The servers not online yet, (but is 8.57) its more of a project at present, so I can't provide details and such, sorry. If you do want to see progress so far, let me know and I can arrange it, and ifit matters, I'm using TFS. 0.3.6pl1? If that means anything.
Oh, yeah. RPG, but gives you the option to "Skip" the RPG stuff, with costs obviously, miss quests, hints etc..

I'm not asking to buy scripts, just to be clear. But, feel free to mention 'complete' scripts you already have, and we'll discuss the usage, and I know much of what I ask for will be on here, and if you just look now and find it and message me, thats fine. Assuming you can get it working for me on my server that is. Chances are I've already found it, tried it, and failed. Miserably. However, there is too much I want, and stuff I'm undecided on so far so it wouldn't make sense to approach it that way, so in payment terms, I think the best method would be progressively (mispelt?) meaning when I see the script is coming together, slowly working or something then I'll pay something, then every time we agree sufficient progress has been made.
Any better suggestions, let me know.

They'll be nothing major, so they shouldn't take long for somebody who truely understands it, the progress thing is morely so you don't have to give me the completed script before receiving anything, more of a trust thing i'm trying to offer you to show you I'm serious really.

I think I've covered what I'm thinking of in that, but if anythings unclear PM me and we can talk. As for the prices, I've not decided yet, see how long it takes you and such.

I think english speaking people is somewhat essential, as I'm expecting help getting it running and working, so communication barriers will most likely be a rather big problem, however if you think you're up to the challange, be it with a translator online or whatever, feel free to let me know.

P.S, I don't care if you've never scripted before, and you rush now and read up on the tutorials on here (which I can't make sense of...) just to make a bit of 'easy' money. I don't need to see examples (although I would like to.) Aslong as the scripts work, and you can actually do it, then that's great.

Below, I've made a list of few things I need doing, to give you an idea of what it is I'm looking for..

+ Quest Log. The main thing I'm looking for really, somebody to help me get the quest log working completely (I've made zero progress on this, and know there is loads of info about on this so anything you know at all could be valuable to me) Done

+ 'Fully functioning' NPC's. Another important thing for me at the moment. I'm not really sure how to word this, but I want NPC's to respond to things properly, for example.. I want 'Long stories' split with delays. For example, "Hello sir" (Or madam, if NPC's can tell the difference)
delay 5 seconds
"Hello?"

Also, I want them to be able to shout as monsters do, like on 'real' Tibia.

Another NPC request damage players / cause effect (burning) or just generally 'hitting' etc.. (surely, simple enough)

(There's more NPC requests below, essentially what I think is storage ID's though..)

+ Storage Id's. Another big deal for me, i'm not even sure if thats what i'm looking for but I want NPC's to know when they have met people, when they've already said something, etc.. I also want quests to have to work in stages (I "know" this involves the quest log.) Asin, Hi npc 1. Hello ! :) Hello npc 3. No, speak to number 2 first. Etc... (So i need them 'unwanted intruder doors' to work too.) ((Another rather key thing in this, those dark blue words need to work)) "Hello there, how are you today? I heard bad things about those thuds yesterday." [I had something to add / correct here.. I've forgotten now though, so leaving this note incase I remember...]

+ Item edits. Not the easy renaming stuff, I can 'do' XML a bit.. So I dont need this much help on this, but to save me the hassle and aggrivation of making mistakes and browsing the forum, I want stuff to do different things. Example.. if I wanted drinking slime to cure being cursed, and wanted you to simply be available to 'use' a cobra statue to get poisened, "Use" a temple / statue thing to be completely healed, remove all status effects (i've seen this done, i know its easy ish, i just forgot.. =\) Sortof two requests in that one.

+ Step/on step/off switches, involving storage id's again I guess, I want only people who have killed a certain monster to be able to leave the area, etc..

+ 'Final' request(s) I think, another simple one in my eyes, for somebody with a little knowledge anyway. I want to be able to send those pop up messages (the "Ok" ones, like you get when reading a book) either after killing something, or walking somewhere, but don't want it repeated everytime you step on that step. So, enter a house and see "You shouldnt be here" or something along those lines (OR even better, I've never seen it on an OT that I can remember.. Has anybody figured out those 'info' boxes you used to get on real tibia at the top right?) Also the killing monster thing, it doesn't have to be the same thing, could simply be a yell from the monster or a 'broadcast' style message. "Hurray! You've killed it!" After killing something.. Again, similar / linked with the previous requests, those blue shiny TP things, isit possible to make them do stuff? Poisen you as you go through, change your style/look as you go through.. Walk through one in a normal zone into a cold one and turn into a snowman or something. (I'd also like this to work with travelling on boats/carpets etc..)

I think I've said everything, theres probably more i've forgot and will add or simply ask somebody already 'working' for me. I know I've asked alot of things, and know it'll probably get flamed 'So basically, you want somebody to make your server' *Walks away proud after thinking of some smug comment to contribute the thread* ... Or something, but I'm more of a mapper and got a bit more money than sense apparantly, and have a few ideas and patience to show these 400+ player 'basic' servers up. So just take advantage of the situation and earn yourself a bit of money, whilst helping out.

You'll be credit as helping to make the server too ofcourse, I've just seen that 'teams' are rarely actually formed, usually being people looking to steal your map and work, so in complete honesty, I can't see the point and don't have the patience. I've also seen except a select few (who I've been "Repping" on the forums, very few actually help, usually just flame that you can't do something, or tell you to learn it for yourself.) I don't want to give people the satisfaction of that either to be honest.

Like I said I'm more of a mapper, but on the off-chance somebody looking to join a project/team wants to get involved, message me with what you can do and ifit happens, we could work on forming a bit of a team on this, although, even with the financial incentive, I think this is unlikely.

All done, all the best, thanks for reading, enjoy flaming and I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers :thumbup:

Last edited:
I can script for you, PM me what you need scripted, when you want it and your offer and we'll go from there.

Lol I started to read and I finished when I came to "mean money,"..

Is it your life story? xD

Err, I don't understand that lol. It'll save me a lot of time explaining what I want one by one when people approach me.

Dev, i'll send you my msn. Thanks

Back