• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Netherlands] Ascalon World [8.70|Custom|RPG|Mid-exp] - IS ONLINE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would try it but I'm afraid that you will shut down the OT like you did with the other 2 you had (the awesome one cant remember name but chaox or something was it named right huh) and the other one with Tps
Well, I was pretty mmm...stupid with chasm, was a good OTS, in case I would just continue develop it, it could be a great one, but its in past, we just should go over it. And second one, 'Epic'...admitting it was bad, was too hurry to launch, etc. With this one I will try to stay calm until the end, tbh its not really done, and much things are not released yet, but I will just constantly work, work, work to make it better.

The ots didn't leave me too good impression,
yeah,
it IS better than the average otserver today..
But it's just a slower version of epic ots imho.
And epicots is monotonic.
And monotonism(?) kinda sucks.
That might as well just be an individual opinion of a former chasm 1st, 2nd release and epic ots player.
But yeh, I don't trust that this otserver will live for too long either.

As axas said, it is better than the average otserver today, but I didn't think its any special .. kinda boring when u repeat exorior 24-7 then at lvl 30 u get newer version of same thing. my opinion tho, kinda same shit 24-7..

well imma play necronia when it gets up but GL man :)

Dude, why do you put thoose negative comments on this thread!

As axas said, it is better than the average otserver today, but I didn't think its any special .. kinda boring when u repeat exorior 24-7 then at lvl 30 u get newer version of same thing. my opinion tho, kinda same shit 24-7..

well imma play necronia when it gets up but GL man :)

Patch 0.2 has been released!
Changes list:

*First event getting released today. It's a custom surviving event, where you need to run from enemy forces(won't spoil more, you should see it urself). Event is still in testing phase, so it wont be rotated automatically atm. We are going to test it manually few times and then it will be auto-rotated.Event winners will get Event Tokens. Soon we will release a special shop where you can spend your collected tokens.
*New monster, Mine Defender[L.75] has been released(you know where you can find them, yea?).
*Up to 100% increased damage for ALL AOE spells.
*Increased range for mages strike spells to 4 sqms from 3 sqms.
*Changes to manashield formula for mages(ONLY!). Now manashield will totally ignore 15% of damage, 65% of damage goes to mana, and 20% of damage you receive to health. Archers manashield split damage to 50%/50%(it were like this always).
*Fixed a huge bug with stacked stones of sharpness, armor, resist.
*First library section with level 0-200 spells is out. (Huge thanks for CM Aihalas for doing it.)
*Fixed bugs related to critical strike. Now wands can properly crit.
*Fixed ability stones inserted into grade 3 items.
*Small trick to avoid doors bug for some players.
*Lowered loot drop chance for level 0-25 monsters and grade 1 gems.(They were too profitable, some players were making a huge disbalance by hunting low leveled monsters for a profit.)
*Fixed reward in level 75 annihilator(giving melee weapon based on highest skill now).
*Fixed that it was possible to block some high leveled monsters with parcels.
*Fixed capacity check when buying something.
*Increased level 60 monsters experience a bit.
*Small buff to light healing spell.
*Fixed tiny bug with NPC Slevin.
*Disabled safety stones(not sure if anyone had them, they were making item undroppable, but I guess its a pure waste for a slot, so they are disabled until we will remake this feature).
*Mapping fixes, etc.​

Premium seems to be pricy.

agreed, we might change price soon xd

@down, can I see example of non-repetive server? :)

Last edited:
it's a good OT but most of the time it is so repetive, but i'm just lvl 50 so I can't judge the server too much.
I like the gem system shit and with the tier weapons, altho I blew up my xbow cuz of a tier 2 gem T_T wtf?! T_T".
I think this OT has a lot of potential and if you work a lot on it it will be awesome, but right now atm i'm just a lvl 50 bored player :-(.

Seems like a really nice server yet again Fare ^_^ Good job, Hope that you get more players than you had on your previous servers.
Greyshade

Last edited:
What really bothers me is that rotworms is the best place to hunt(so far)... I've been there to 1-30 and if I go something else it's really crowded like giants/skeletons, I really don't like that monsters are harder if they're higher level than you it encourages to hunt easier monsters instead of trying to hunt harder monsters, hunting easy monsters isn't fun. There's probably something better to hunt than rotworms at level 30 but they give so much gold and there's no risk in hunting them.

What really bothers me is that rotworms is the best place to hunt(so far)... I've been there to 1-30 and if I go something else it's really crowded like giants/skeletons, I really don't like that monsters are harder if they're higher level than you it encourages to hunt easier monsters instead of trying to hunt harder monsters, hunting easy monsters isn't fun. There's probably something better to hunt than rotworms at level 30 but they give so much gold and there's no risk in hunting them.

I always hunt higher monsters. Monsters which can kill me on 1 combo if I fail. Why? Because of the loot! The grade system on this server encourages everyone to kill higher monsters to loot that very special weapon or armor.

Okay, todays patch changes:

*+20% damage for mages aoe spells
*+30% damage for mages strike spells
Shocked? ^^
*Manashield formula changes; Mages: 10% damage to health, 90% damage to mana. Also, previously mages received additional % of damage to mana in PvP. Right now that modificator is disabled.
*Mages wands damage is no more affected by their magic level(thats why I making better spells, cuz its actually a huge nerf).
*Global change in damage system, before this patch, all damage modificators, like critical strikes, damage bonuses from quests, level difference in PvM, etc, were counted BEFORE armor/resist, so thats means: If I hit someone with 100 damage, and it crits, crit was counted before armor, so endside damage was 100*2 damage -armor, which is actually high, because armor reducing flat amount, not percentage... Right now, its counted on REAL damage, so (100-armor)*2. This way it must have worked all the time.
*Archers now got 5% dodge as passive.
*Level 120 monsters, hp increased for 10%
*Level 150,180,200 monsters, increased speed, health(up to 30%), damage(up to +100), experience(~15%)(I know, it seems a lot, but rly, level 100 players hunting 180 lvl mobs w\o problems)
*Increased health rate on some quest bosses.
*Any mount adding +20 speed atm. Will be changed later.
*Skulled monsters give more exp also now.
*Attempt to fix white skull bug, also some improovments in frags system, !frags command will give more info related to pvp system now.

Yea, I know some of those changes can make you sad, but even if it wont fix balance at this moment, we can always change it back. Just need some time to do a perfect balance, can't be done in one single update.

You can comment those news on our forum.

Okay, todays patch changes:

*+20% damage for mages aoe spells
*+30% damage for mages strike spells
Shocked? ^^
*Manashield formula changes; Mages: 10% damage to health, 90% damage to mana. Also, previously mages received additional % of damage to mana in PvP. Right now that modificator is disabled.
*Mages wands damage is no more affected by their magic level(thats why I making better spells, cuz its actually a huge nerf).
*Global change in damage system, before this patch, all damage modificators, like critical strikes, damage bonuses from quests, level difference in PvM, etc, were counted BEFORE armor/resist, so thats means: If I hit someone with 100 damage, and it crits, crit was counted before armor, so endside damage was 100*2 damage -armor, which is actually high, because armor reducing flat amount, not percentage... Right now, its counted on REAL damage, so (100-armor)*2. This way it must have worked all the time.
*Archers now got 5% dodge as passive.
*Level 120 monsters, hp increased for 10%
*Level 150,180,200 monsters, increased speed, health(up to 30%), damage(up to +100), experience(~15%)(I know, it seems a lot, but rly, level 100 players hunting 180 lvl mobs w\o problems)
*Increased health rate on some quest bosses.
*Any mount adding +20 speed atm. Will be changed later.
*Skulled monsters give more exp also now.
*Attempt to fix white skull bug, also some improovments in frags system, !frags command will give more info related to pvp system now.

Yea, I know some of those changes can make you sad, but even if it wont fix balance at this moment, we can always change it back. Just need some time to do a perfect balance, can't be done in one single update.

You can comment those news on our forum.

Good Job Fare, keep going :)

Recommended,

Not because I play there myself, but it has alot of features & if you like RPGing this is one of the few servers that is worth it!

Kind Regards,

Excellent---

it truly is an amazing server and it gets better every day. Fare is constantly updating it and making balance changes

Status
Not open for further replies.