• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

New Map Editor

"utterly owned Remere"?

Wrong, buddy, very very wrong.
That looks so biased.

@Lessaire i'm not sure either why he made it closed source... eh, who cares.
I moved to github btw.

No worries, that didn't slip past me. I've already broken my F5 key checking the commit logs for otclient and forgottenmapeditor so often. :ninja: I'm seriously inspired, and am thinking about how much I hate otitemeditor, and how feasible porting it to module for this would be.

I like how otclient was designed, it's fucking insane, it basically makes it very very easy to make anything opentibia needs and with a lot less effort than it would to make in Qt itself or even shitSharp. Not really much C++ needed to support the application you want to do (when I say "C++", I mean you won't need to edit a lot of C++ code to make your application fit).

Also, Since I already contributed OTB and other server sided stuff, it will make it easy for anyone who wants to code a customizable item editor or even a dat editor with the existing stuff but ofcourse a DAT editor would require you to write save framework for it.

I'm also going to write an OTB saver if someone is willing to do an item editor.

I know exactly what you mean, the design is straight guilty of illegal amounts of awesome. I'll start working on porting the item editor, since that was something I had already considered several times in the past, out of frustration with it.

Are this project still on work and is it still only otland premium board?

Hi,

Evan told me that Remere was too lazy to update his Map Editor, so I made up my mind and started working on this project again after a long quit.
There is _good_ progress from last time (Not major), which you can view on the repository on GitHub

Here are 2 new screenshots that I took today after fixing minimap and making the towndialog:
1. General Preview
M9KGjE0.jpg)

2. Town Dialog Preview
b2lQ8Ft.jpg)

Here's the TODO List:
1. Spawn manager
2. House Manager

After those todos get done, the map editor should be ready for a beta release (unless I forgot something important a map editor should have).
Let me know what you think, and if there are any ideas you have that should be implemented, post them as an issue on the GitHub repository.

It's insane that it's OTC. Will the pallete be able to be customized within the editor or will you need to edit the files and such?

Hmm, If I understand you correctly, by customizing the item palette you mean moving items to another tab or making new tab of some items etc? If so, it sounds like a good idea and shouldn't be hard to implement, however, I encourage you to use the issues feature on GitHub so I don't forget to implement it later on.

Bumping, I want to feel that people still are looking forward to this Map Editor, I don't wanna feel that i'm doing all this work for nothing.
I'm not begging you to comment, just showing some respect would be nice)

Latest update:
- Houses are now marked with green.
GpQ0GNc.jpg

Last edited:
Bumping, I want to feel that people still are looking forward to this Map Editor, I don't wanna feel that i'm doing all this work for nothing.
I'm not begging you to comment, just showing some respect would be nice)

It'd be nice to have a map editor that doesn't require to have 3gb of ram while mapping global tibia map. Speed > functions because functionability can be developed later.

Imo all walls should be marked green. That's what lacks RME.

Will PZ zones and house zones be different colors? And will they be able to be removed with ease? Also, I'll probably beta test this if I can.

Just posting to let you know that i'm looking forward to this.

Keep up the good work!

Imo all walls should be marked green. That's what lacks RME.
I don't see any good reason to force walls to be green, since you cannot walk on the wall anyway or what were you thinking?

I don't see any good reason to force walls to be green, since you cannot walk on the wall anyway or what were you thinking?

When I mapped houses I had to mark all walls as house tiles so the hangables that players put on them wouldn't dissappear after restart. For me it would just make it all clearer.

I would prefer if you could leave the colors similar to RME, so everything is recognizable and we can jump straight into it without having to learn the color schemes again. It's not a big deal, but it would make things simpler for users.

Good work, though. I'm hoping to see this finished soon.

Back