• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

New Map Editor

This map editor is indeed a module for OTClient, so what you need to do is, compile OTClient first using a modern GCC (recommended) version for the compilation to pass correctly.

After you're done compiling OTClient just place the executable compiled on top of your mapeditor copy then run it.

This map editor is indeed a module for OTClient, so what you need to do is, compile OTClient first using a modern GCC (recommended) version for the compilation to pass correctly.

After you're done compiling OTClient just place the executable compiled on top of your mapeditor copy then run it.
swear you told me you were gonna make it standalone

--edit-- nevermind that was about ur snake game :p sahashas
i'm a retard sometimes.

Last edited:
Would appreciate some help on the design part, I'll handle all of the code-sided stuff. Just can't handle the designing part anymore, it's so painful to place the widgets in the right place lol.

If someone would like to help with the design, please contact me. I'll gladly help with compiling etc.

What type of skills exactly do you need for the designing part?

Hmm, here are the requirements:

- Creativivty is a plus
- Have very little LUA knowledge
- Knowing how to choose a good size for a widget and position.
- Good English knowledge (if you know what I mean)
- Knowing how to use Git is a plus

I guess I could help you with that, or at least give it a try :)

Hmm, here are the requirements:

- Creativivty is a plus
- Have very little LUA knowledge
- Knowing how to choose a good size for a widget and position.
- Good English knowledge (if you know what I mean)
- Knowing how to use Git is a plus

I code in lua, i know html and css and my English is good I guess, but I've never used git ;p

Well, if you wanna try, go ahead and:

1. Clone both repositories on GitHub (OTClient and the map editor)
2. Compile OTClient (follow the guide in their wiki)
3. Move otclient.exe to the folder where you cloned the mapeditor and run it to check if it works

Then, here are the tasks (ordered by priority):
1. Brush Palette (have a look at how the ItemPalette is made and make one like it, should be placed under it). If you can't get ever get it to show up, just contact me and I'll commit my version that's incomplete.
2. House Window (have a look at how the TownWindow is done)
3. Improvements if needed (to any of the already available widgets).

Further help:
- Check mapeditor/corelib for more widgets available
- Check otclient/src/framework/ui for more widgets

Well, if you wanna try, go ahead and:

1. Clone both repositories on GitHub (OTClient and the map editor)
2. Compile OTClient (follow the guide in their wiki)
3. Move otclient.exe to the folder where you cloned the mapeditor and run it to check if it works

Then, here are the tasks (ordered by priority):
1. Brush Palette (have a look at how the ItemPalette is made and make one like it, should be placed under it). If you can't get ever get it to show up, just contact me and I'll commit my version that's incomplete.
2. House Window (have a look at how the TownWindow is done)
3. Improvements if needed (to any of the already available widgets).

Further help:
- Check mapeditor/corelib for more widgets available
- Check otclient/src/framework/ui for more widgets
Ok, I've started working on Brush Palette, I'll push it when it's done. ^_^

Me and the WOP projectteam are willing to help.
I did send you a private message with my Skype, hope you will join.
Should also be great if a python scripter could PM me. Need somebody to restore a script which takes monster loot from tibia-stats for me. I want to update my monsterpackage (also for public).

wow, it's large icons that causes that? i thought my comp jus started sucking .. =/

a feature you could add is the ability to cycle through recent brushes, it's gets annoying having to right click select a stone to add detail, then right click back to the wall/ground you were using

We've added something similar:
BiiyMRp.png

You can switch between first and second brush. Like in photoshop :)

I'll certainly have a look with this project, how possible is it to add 7.6 map editing?

@Ezzz you would need source code edits for that, so have a look at how the OTBM loader and saver were implemented in the OTClient's source.

Back