• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Nostalrius 7.7

Can someone help me figure out how to actually run this server? Dumb question, but I don't see an .exe in the folder. Thanks!

Can someone help me figure out how to actually run this server? Dumb question, but I don't see an .exe in the folder. Thanks!

You will need to compile the sourcecode yourself.

Follow this guide for windows

Why am I not seeing this properly when I try to run this command (I'm a noob at git, sorry!)

Git:
/c/vcpkg (master)
$ git clone --recursive https://github.com/otland.forgottenserver.git
Cloning into 'otland.forgottenserver'...
remote: Not Found
fatal: repository 'https://github.com/otland.forgottenserver.git/' not found

Nevermind - I'm at the point where I launched visual studio. I'll see if I can get this to work :)

Last edited:
Why am I not seeing this properly when I try to run this command (I'm a noob at git, sorry!)

Git:
/c/vcpkg (master)
$ git clone --recursive https://github.com/otland.forgottenserver.git
Cloning into 'otland.forgottenserver'...
remote: Not Found
fatal: repository 'https://github.com/otland.forgottenserver.git/' not found
That step you dont need to do, since 1. its for standard TFS1.3, and 2. You have already downloaded the files for Nostalrius.
So you alter the guide to fit the searchpath for Nostalrius files you have.

That step you dont need to do, since 1. its for standard TFS1.3, and 2. You have already downloaded the files for Nostalrius.
So you alter the guide to fit the searchpath for Nostalrius files you have.
Hmmm.... I'm running into a new problem now.

When I try to do step 4 of "install libraries" for x64 I get this:
1620975118373.png

And when I went to try and start compiling in visual studio I get this error:
1620975154782.png

Thank you for all your help so far!

If you have CD to vcpkg folder, change the start to ".\vcpkg.exe install" instead of "./vcpkg install'"

@Maniaac

I was able to get the library to start install! Seems to be taking quite some time to install though.
Post automatically merged:

I got to the build stage, and when I went to go "build" the server, I got most of the way there until all these errors hit:

1621008834763.png

Last edited:
I was able to get the library to start install! Seems to be taking quite some time to install though.

I got to the build stage, and when I went to go "build" the server, I got most of the way there until all these errors hit:

View attachment 58696
in luascript.h, try change
C++:
#include <lua.hpp>
to
C++:
#include <luajit/lua.hpp>

add luajit in configmanager.h aswell

@emil92b we're getting closer! I found a git command to install lua which seemed to resolve most of the errors. However, I'm still seeing this:

1621010595553.png

Was able to get the compile to work! Sorry guys, noob question, but what's my next step if I want to actually create a character and log into the server...

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I have it up and running now and can log in with a character, however it's not saving after log out. I'm getting this error:

Lua:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

Any idea on what file or place it's referencing or what the fix needs to be here?

Thanks guys! I have it up and running now and can log in with a character, however it's not saving after log out. I'm getting this error:

Lua:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

Any idea on what file or place it's referencing or what the fix needs to be here?
cant remember, but try this

Is here anyone who know how to fix this bug?

@emil92b it's your requrest, yes?? you have solved this problem??
it is but i don't use nostalrius anymore, i dont remember if i solved it. but you could compare to latest tfs since it works there

Hey, im newbie.. can anyone tell me where i can learn how to compile an .exe executable for this version of TFS 1.2 and also for the map editor executable? Thanks

read
Hey, I followed all the steps and didn't have any error, I moved all files including .dll files and theforgottenserver.exe to the Nostalrius folder, but when I click to open it it just closes. What went wrong? Can you or anyone can tell me to help please?

Hey, I followed all the steps and didn't have any error, I moved all files including .dll files and theforgottenserver.exe to the Nostalrius folder, but when I click to open it it just closes. What went wrong? Can you or anyone can tell me to help please?
run it from cmd so you can see the error before it closes.

probably sql failing to connect

I correctly configured my database and managed to open my server, but I don't have access to the GM Nostalrius account, so I'm trying to put up a website, but I'm having problems. I tried ZNote and when I go to create an account an error happens, I couldn't solve it.

Now I'm trying MyAAC, I liked this website, but during the installation I also have a fatal error and I can't go forward. This noob life of a server creator is difficult, hahahaha..

EDIT:
I did it!! Everything worked out when I used the latest version of MyAAC v0.8.5

Last edited:
Yesterday I was testing my Nostalrius 7.7 and until then I didn't have any problems apparently, I remember even putting some items on the floor to test the "clean". But today after I woke up I noticed that my game is disconnecting every 1 or 2 minutes and when I drop an item on the ground it disappears or bug SQM with other item ID this problem reappears and normalizes when I go out of view and back to check. I tried to reinstall the server from 0 and still the bug remains, is this a problem with the server or the OTClient I am using?

What can I do to resolve this? Thanks :)

Back