• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

ObjectBuilder [10.32]

I already said that we don't need to make it compatible with older versions, instead of updating, just save as a new software like... ObjectBuilder 2. Will make it simplier, still hard to make, but simplier.

The code to read this change is incredibly simple, I think I posted it in another thread, and he knows that. The hard part is recoding this program.

yes, I know. I also posted here something
https://otland.net/threads/objectbuilder-10-32.208334/page-14#post-2141656

I already said that we don't need to make it compatible with older versions, instead of updating, just save as a new software like... ObjectBuilder 2. Will make it simplier, still hard to make, but simplier.

yes, this makes everything more easier, but many projects still use previous versions (including me and the ONLY donator necronia.com). I will not make a new version of the same application for only some users.

yes, this makes everything more easier, but many projects still use previous versions (including me and the ONLY donator necronia.com). I will not make a new version of the same application for only some users.

I understand that you have to make a living and don't want to waste your time on this behalf. But perhaps, could you and maybe Jo3Bingham assist us in this matter?

Just thinking about the need to support all version as well.. Can't you just implement a switch? so a button up the top that says OLD and NEW that way you could switch between both in the same program?

If you guys want this so much, try attach a bounty source to this feature and wait to see if someone want do it.

Else if {
we can try to do it together, exchanging ideas and feedbacks;
}

xD

I'm stuck on a problem, I'm trying to replace an item's sprite with an animated sprite, updated dat/spr but the client crashes. I tried to add the item as a new one with different ID, updated dat/spr/otb, still crashes. Then I tried to replace/add the sprite without the animation and it worked, so why does adding animation crash the client? Other items with animation work perfectly, I tried to replace the item with another one that has animations and then just swap the sprites. Crash once again.
I don't get it, I was able to add items with animations without any problems but suddenly it crashes the client?

If you guys want this so much, try attach a bounty source to this feature and wait to see if someone want do it.
I think we should just set a bounty up... $10 each or something If someone is willing to do this for money, How much would you consider fair?

I'm stuck on a problem, I'm trying to replace an item's sprite with an animated sprite, updated dat/spr but the client crashes. I tried to add the item as a new one with different ID, updated dat/spr/otb, still crashes. Then I tried to replace/add the sprite without the animation and it worked, so why does adding animation crash the client? Other items with animation work perfectly, I tried to replace the item with another one that has animations and then just swap the sprites. Crash once again.
I don't get it, I was able to add items with animations without any problems but suddenly it crashes the client?

Wich version .dat .spr/client your using?

I think we should just set a bounty up... $10 each or something If someone is willing to do this for money, How much would you consider fair?

Well, yeah. Lets make a bounty. Who's up to the service?? Maybe: Yamaken?

Wich version .dat .spr/client your using?

Well, yeah. Lets make a bounty. Who's up to the service?? Maybe: Yamaken?
Oh, sorry i'm not up for the task, i never programmed in action script. I do have my own dat editor, but it was written in delphi from the ground up.

Oh, sorry i'm not up for the task, i never programmed in action script. I do have my own dat editor, but it was written in delphi from the ground up.
Dont be shy to sell it ;)

The client is 9,31
SPR: 4E807C23
DAT:4E807C08

This is error report after the client crashes:
http://2.1m.yt/qPkM7gBQ.png

Look to the last error, the client didn't recognized a packet type during the game. Someone correct me If Im wrong, but usually there's a limit to the number of sprites and animations the client can recognize.

I'm aware of a sprite limit (I think it's 65535) but I don't think there is a limit on the amount of items/animations. I did some more experiments on this and noticed that the client crashes if I add a new animation to a new item or existing item. Replacing sprites of already existing animated items works. The client also crashes if the new item is a stackable item that changes its sprite depending on the amount. (like gold coins)

Sry for double post tho I can't find an edit button :x
It's getting weirder now, I just found out that not only I can't add more animations, but removing animations from an item crashes the client too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sry for double post tho I can't find an edit button :x
It's getting weirder now, I just found out that not only I can't add more animations, but removing animations from an item crashes the client too.

It's not that weird, I don't know much about how the spr. dat. files works. But the bit a know is that theres a range of bytes that is configured inside the dat. and the spr. must respect it. If not, then, probably an unknown byte/packet will crash the client because it cannot be readed. That's is my guessing.

Are we still keen to make a bounty for this?

Back