• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Official NightShine Online Custom RPG Discussion

For dual wield, you should just make 1 wep work, whatever weapon is in X hand (left or right, so nobody can abuse the arrow slot attribute glitch)

I think dual wield should not be double attributes more likely faster atk speed :) makes more sense tbh

However you decide to make dual wielding, just make sure it's not OP.
It's pretty annoying when servers have dual wield and that's what everyone goes cause it's the best...
Make sure that using a 2 handed sword or 1 handed sword and shield have equalized benefits as dual wield.
For example with a 2 handed sword you attack in a bigger radius since it's a longer sword. For 1 handed sword and shield you're able to block or reflect damage. Stuff like that :)
One thing I dislike about attacking faster with dual wield is that you train your skills faster which is a disadvantage to others that don't use dual wielding.
Just make sure you balance as closely as you can or people will complain 24/7 ._. remember that what you think is best, maybe not always be the best. Always look at player input as well.

As for the gold feature, you should make an incentive to carry gold. I'm not sure what the incentive would be, there's lots of stuff you could do, but if there was you could pretty much guarantee people will some a least have some money on them. If not then players will just deposit their money into a bank or dp. Also I don't think you should be able to see how much money people have on them, it's kinda unfair, because then you can see who is worth killing which is no fun. When killing someone it should be a gamble, maybe you'll get a lot of money, maybe you won't get any, who knows! :D

Last edited:
It's pretty annoying when servers have dual wield and that's what everyone goes cause it's the best...
Make sure that using a 2 handed sword or 1 handed sword and shield have equalized benefits as dual wield.
For example with a 2 handed sword you attack in a bigger radius since it's a longer sword. For 1 handed sword and shield you're able to block or reflect damage. Stuff like that :)
One thing I dislike about attacking faster with dual wield is that you train your skills faster which is a disadvantage to others that don't use dual wielding.
Just make sure you balance as closely as you can or people will complain 24/7 ._. remember that what you think is best, maybe not always be the best. Always look at player input as well.

As for the gold feature, you should make an incentive to carry gold. I'm not sure what the incentive would be, there's lots of stuff you could do, but if there was you could pretty much guarantee people will some a least have some money on them. If not then players will just deposit their money into a bank or dp. Also I don't think you should be able to see how much money people have on them, it's kinda unfair, because then you can see who is worth killing which is no fun. When killing someone it should be a gamble, maybe you'll get a lot of money, maybe you won't get any, who knows! :D

Why train faster? I didnt read here anything about trainers o_O :D Bro archers skill distance faster then all vocs like always so nerf archer too? :D
Also can make only a class who can dual wield much dmg /dps but low surv ^^ like ninja or smt

Or you can possibly do this....one weapon in hand and one in your arrow slot, and have a spell you can use that makes it so for the next 60 seconds you are duelweilding and have a 2 minute or so cool down? Idk

Good input here, definitely like what you have to say. Also i'd like everyone to know, that I'm thoroughly going through everything to make things 100% fair for everyone. Like i have said previously spell formulas and even weapon formulas are completely custom which will make things extremely balanced. Dual wielding will not be better than a two-handed weapon, both options will have their advantages which will encourage even more build options.

A little update for you guys since i haven't posted in here in awhile, I recently ran into a big issue with some bugs on my server so i had to reconfigure a lot of files in it, luckily everything turned out perfect and things are back to running smooth. Will update with more screenshots etc soon! :) Hope everyone's having a great week!

hmmm which classes are going to be in here we've seen trojan or something like that, going off ur name in the screen and u said necromancer

hmmm which classes are going to be in here we've seen trojan or something like that, going off ur name in the screen and u said necromancer
Well, I'll give you all the second promo names for each vocation. Wizard, Conqueror, Sagacious Clergyman, Sharpshooter, Assassin, Divine Savior, Imperial Guardian, Warlock, Necromancer, and Sentinel. As i pretty much just stated, every vocation will have a second promotion, which will be obtained through quest requiring an actual team to complete.

well whenever it does i got 4 people from RL tibia to come give this a try with me whenever it releases ^^

well whenever it does i got 4 people from RL tibia to come give this a try with me whenever it releases ^^
Alright awesome. Ask them if there's anything they'd like to see in a server like this also. Ideas are really the hardest thing for me to come up with, and i think the hardest part of development really.

Back