• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Official NightShine Online Custom RPG Discussion

bump for this since it hasnt had anything said in awhile
Thanks, I do want to let everyone know that just because I'm not posting in this thread does not mean I'm not working on the server. Recently I've actually been working on the server hours on end and more than ever. To be honest it's been quite exhausting and like everyone else I do have a life outside tibia so i can't exactly be working on the server 24/7. On top of all this i do work on this completely by myself with a few ideas here and there from people. I'm trying to make a server we can all enjoy and make it a long term server. With that being said, I am working to complete this server as quick as possible! Hope everyone's having a good week. A lot of Server updates coming this week.

Small update: I have recently added a few more attributes to items that can be found. Some of these attributes are % magic power, % melee power, and % Ranged Power which depending on your vocation can boost your spells and weapon damage. These will only be added to weapons rings and amulets. As I've just stated, amulets will be able to be found as loot as well, with various special abilities. Which arises the question of Aols. Aols will not be necessary if you have blesses, if you cannot afford blesses the smarter decision may be to just get an aol.

have you figured out if money is going to be important or hard to get?
Yes, of course it will be in many different ways. Players will have a vast amount of options to use gold on but they're going to have to work for it if they want it.

[Another small update] Topic = Armor
I know most of you guys don't realize this but typically in tibia armor is only good to protect you against attacks such as monster melee attacks. I have recently changed how armor will be. Armor is now going to protect you from all damage types. The more armor you have the better you will be in all aspects of defending yourself. I have come up with a formula that will make it so it balances out for all vocations. In addition to armor you will still be able to find items with magic resistance on them.

Yes, of course it will be in many different ways. Players will have a vast amount of options to use gold on but they're going to have to work for it if they want it.

[Another small update] Topic = Armor
I know most of you guys don't realize this but typically in tibia armor is only good to protect you against attacks such as monster melee attacks. I have recently changed how armor will be. Armor is now going to protect you from all damage types. The more armor you have the better you will be in all aspects of defending yourself. I have come up with a formula that will make it so it balances out for all vocations. In addition to armor you will still be able to find items with magic resistance on them.

nice i was actually going to say something like that, so does this mean every armor will have a min max type of armor it can roll like lets say u have a plate armor it can either have 10-20 depending on the roll etc?

nice i was actually going to say something like that, so does this mean every armor will have a min max type of armor it can roll like lets say u have a plate armor it can either have 10-20 depending on the roll etc?
Well every armor will have it's base stats, but on top of the base stats, if they find an armor with x % bonus armor, it'll go up.

Are you still predicting for a beta test to happen at end of this month? I'm quite excited for this.
Well lately I've been getting ready to make my fitness clothing line and personal training go worldwide in rl so I haven't had as much time as I would've liked to work on the server so it's kinda delayed on the beta. Good news is that's all just about as ready as it's going to get so i don't have to focus a bunch on it anymore. Also this week to make sure i put some solid work into the server I'm going to be taking some Adderall so i can really focus and make a lot of progress.

honestly all im hoping for is a server with some longevity, i dont wanna be able to power level and be done with content hella fast

honestly all im hoping for is a server with some longevity, i dont wanna be able to power level and be done with content hella fast
Oh absolutely. Trust me if i wasn't concerned with longevity i couldve had this server done weeks ago and it wouldve been fun for like 2 weeks then everyone would quit. I'm trying to make sure that everything flows great from beginning to end.

I'm not 100% sure on the date of the beta but it is coming up soon, and with this I've gotta prepare for it. How many of you guys are interested in getting involved with the upcoming beta? The beta testers are going to basically play the server as if it was a normal server but looking for any bugs that may still exist on the server and discussing with me how the flow of everything on the server is. If enough beta testers believe that something needs to be changed in order to improve the server then changes will be made in order to improve the flow of everything. Also during the beta i will be looking for leadership and knowledge among the beta testers as these players have the potential to earn staff positions on the release such as Tutor, Senior Tutor, and the possibility of GM.

You going to have a way to get in it, or is it going to be open beta?

You going to have a way to get in it, or is it going to be open beta?
What i'll most likely do is Create the accounts for players that would like to participate in the beta. When the beta starts i want all the accounts to already be made then give players with accounts the option to choose characters or make multiple. But to answer your question it won't be an open beta, which is why right now I'm kinda checking to see who wants to get involved.

What i'll most likely do is Create the accounts for players that would like to participate in the beta. When the beta starts i want all the accounts to already be made then give players with accounts the option to choose characters or make multiple. But to answer your question it won't be an open beta, which is why right now I'm kinda checking to see who wants to get involved.

Ohh alright makes sense seen that done before, id like to be involved ^^ but you know i bet alot of others would also :p

Ohh alright makes sense seen that done before, id like to be involved ^^ but you know i bet alot of others would also :p
Yea i understand a lot of people are probably going to want to be in the beta, unfortunately I don't want a ton of players on during the beta, just going to take the first few people who post and then I'll Pm those select people with information on the beta etc.

Yea i understand a lot of people are probably going to want to be in the beta, unfortunately I don't want a ton of players on during the beta, just going to take the first few people who post and then I'll Pm those select people with information on the beta etc.

I was posting quite early, and am following this! ;D but also, I was only posting to ask if you have that *armor formula* tested and down to a tee to make sure it doesn't get too OP in certain situations, and doesn't get to underpowered in certain ones.

I was posting quite early, and am following this! ;D but also, I was only posting to ask if you have that *armor formula* tested and down to a tee to make sure it doesn't get too OP in certain situations, and doesn't get to underpowered in certain ones.
Well, I wouldn't say it's down to a tee but it's definitely doing what it's supposed to. Whether or not it's 100% correct will be decided in the beta. But when it comes to damage, armor is only a small part of the formula. Due to the fact that i made completely new formulas for all spells weapons and any other damage type, there are a number of factors considered most of which a player may not ever realize because it seems so natural.

Back