• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTServlist, Starting Soon and Resets

SlashX

Reaction score
Since the late-2012 year the OTServlist offer the feature to you announce you new OTs: the box "Starting Soon".

The costs to put your server in this is considerable high (around 100,00 EUR/day), however, the return will be guaranteed. Is possible for a complete new server start with 100 or even 200 players, only with this feature.

Recently, I noticed an high number of servers that also was being "reseted" or "wipped", just to stay on the Starting Soon. This is being made in a forcibly way and even unecessary. Then, this feature that was originally formed to help new servers is being massively used to some already alive servers being reseted, and with this, get some players that stay only waiting for a new reseted server.

My concern is: over to where an feature that induces OTS being reseted in a totaly arbitrary way, just with the objective of get more players can turn back negative consequences to the already debilitated credibility of OTS in generally. This in the player point of view of course.

I know that a high number of the players really like reseted servers, to fight to be the top level, get influency on the server, wars and others. But, can these players see the consequences in a long term to your own game, from the moment that these OTS is comming to reset month-in-month, and in some cases, weekly just the be on the Starting Soon again and again and again? He can see that the credibility of this servers or even of all servers was being destroyed or just can see the momentary fun of the reset? I think that not.

Now, another problem: Creating this "rush to reset" can be putting a end to the rare "never-reseted" OTS?

Is know that have a box to announce a OTS that maybe will reset week-to-week. However, there is no a place to announce a seriously OTS, that not reset never for example. Personaly I see some old-servers that have existed for years without resets being reseted. Why? Be competitive going in Starting Soon.

For the last, just a curiosity: The avarege amount of players on OTs (according OTServList) in the year of 2012, therefore, before the Starting Soon was 35.000. With some peaks in 45.000.

Nowdays, the average amount of players on OTs is 20.000. Less the the half that in 2012.

Daily, always has an OTS on Starting Soon (in this instant, has one). In this almost 3 years that the box exists how many OTS passed on Starting Soon and how many from this huge amount of near 20.000 players that exited from OTS in these years can be attached to the irresponsible resets?

To an new user or player can be surprising, but in other times was normal find never-reseted OTS, or at least servers that led 1, 2 or 3 years to be reseted. But sadly, nowdays we are following to a comunity of "season-like" OTS..

In all my years on OTS (i'm here since early-2006) I have see too many bad things that collaborated with the decline of quality and all general aspects of the OTS, however, I can't remember no other who did equal damage then this Starting Soon.

To end, I dont wait that this post change something on OTServList. All that OTServlist was doing is supply an demand, that can be not wrong. Of course, is not wrong only if analyzed in a very simplist way.

Sorry if my English was too bad. I'm not fluently but tryed my best.

Last edited:
broken english, but i understand your point. ive felt the same way about otservlsit for awhile. i also dont like how the owner can be bought/ban other servers for money. its always been denied but we know.

broken english, but i understand your point. ive felt the same way about otservlsit for awhile. i also dont like how the owner can be bought/ban other servers for money. its always been denied but we know.

Thank you. I like to think that OTServlist is at least maintained by decent people with good principles. I can be wrong but really like to think that not.

In my opinon, playing on freshly started servers is the most fun so I don't really see an issue with resets and there's already lots of quality servers that has been online for years that you can play if you're looking for something that will stay online without any resets - unline.org/tibianic is two examples. I actually think a server with an automatic reset system would be really fun, similiar to how poe/diablo 2 works.

Another issue with the "starting soon" is that it causes people to only join the servers that are announced on there. Before it existed people would probably go check servers in their country, look up a server that they thought looked cool and they would play there and nowadays most people just pick the one announced in the starting soon box and decides to play on that one.

I doubt we'll see any changes though since this must be very profitable for xinn.

Another issue with the "starting soon" is that it causes people to only join the servers that are announced on there. Before it existed people would probably go check servers in their country, look up a server that they thought looked cool and they would play there and nowadays most people just pick the one announced in the starting soon box and decides to play on that one.

Yes, is this the point. Is not bad play on a freshly server (if you prefer). The bad point is the mechanic in the background of this that will force everbody to play freshy servers only, and force all servers to be reseted if want get new players.

Back