• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Owners of servers with donations, how much money do you get?

Elox

http://elox.se/
Reaction score
As the topic says, I'm just curious of how much everyone here on OTland gets on their donations.

So how much do you get for your donations?
How many players do you have online on your server and how long have you had it running?
And also, which system are you using for the payments? (Daopay, paypal, etc) ;)

Dotpay. It's like 600 Euro /month.

Alright, how many players do you have online usually?
I've gotten like 200 euro now on 6 days (started the server 6 days ago)
Or well players have paid 200 euro, daopay takes 63% of it. So not much left. ;D

Daopay gotta earn alot of money, jeez.

Thats why your suppose to use paypal xD

(i though daopay only takes 40% of the money?)

I've eared over 4000 euro, Taht was before the reset, now I don't exactly know how much but it's over 200 euro, I've been hosting the server one year, also I use a swedish donation system, I get 80% of the money.

Haha, Totaly I have earned 40Euros <-- Daopay (I earned 40Euros totaly after Daopay took theirs %), In like 14 days. I didnt used automatic donating system.. So I dont think that all my work was worth it :p I had like 20players online all the time!

The most ive earned within a month is 600 euro. But my server swaps between many players online to little players online from time to time, and sometimes is long periods, so the money keep going out of the account to pay off monthy rent for the dedicated server. :p

But if you can get a stable server to have 200 players online, your in heaven.

In my case, problems allways occures. :(

Use paypal :p you'll get like 95% of the money. Atleast.

I've eared over 4000 euro, Taht was before the reset, now I don't exactly know how much but it's over 200 euro, I've been hosting the server one year, also I use a swedish donation system, I get 80% of the money.

What's the name of the site? Might be usefull
Daopay is greedy =@

[..]

Yeah, but paypal isn't automatic and players can take back their money?
And yeah daopay uhm I think daopay takes around 63% might read wrong.. But don't think so. (I hope I did :p)

realots owner gotta be millionaire by now... he had a buy lvl system for ages and alot of players buy i think...

Wow, the gist of this is it sucks developing, and owns hosting an OT. Even worse with map editor! ;)

The most ive earned within a month is 600 euro. But my server swaps between many players online to little players online from time to time, and sometimes is long periods, so the money keep going out of the account to pay off monthy rent for the dedicated server. :p

But if you can get a stable server to have 200 players online, your in heaven.

In my case, problems allways occures. :(

You get 93% from the Paypal transaction. Daopay give you 63% from each donation.

My earnings are in BRL (Brazilian real), so it's difficult to compare with earnings of non-Brazilian servers because, for example, 1 EUR = 2.8 BRL...

At least in Brazil we have good solutions for sales, with good tools (such as shopping cart) and low tax, around 2%.

Wow, the gist of this is it sucks developing, and owns hosting an OT. Even worse with map editor! ;)

Without your work (and the work of other developers) those gains would be almost impossible.​

I was about to suggest you to put a donation button in remeresmapeditor.com, but you was faster :p

Once I get my credit card to work with paypal I will donate for sure. :thumbup:

Back