• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How to reduce money on otserv in game?

Otlandserv

Reaction score
Hello.
What ways do you have to reduce earning money in the game on otserv?
The main point is that people using bots have several cash makers and after a few weeks on the server, the items are very expensive or only bought by the richest.
How to use coins in the game so that they smoothly run away from the richest ones?

My two ways currently are:
1.) Creating a client without a bot with an exp bonus for players.
2.) Limiting multi-clients to a maximum of 2 per IP.

Perhaps selling special things (cosmetics) for gold coins, like when cip added golden outfit for 1kkk?

Vendor that sells tokens for huge price that tp you to a really good spawn

In game mechanics, we make account to the gold gain / hour for each stage, for example:

level 100 monster drop countMax 30 gold coins

level 1000 monsters drop countMax 90 gold coins

there is an increase rate here so as your level increased x10, your gold gain increased x3 which around 3% increase per 100 levels

therefore : by being aware of the gold collecting rate at constant level and increase rate, you would be able to move to the next part

Gold sinks:

Gold sinks are pretty much how they seem to be, it is system in-game that requires gold and keeps increasing in the gold needs some server made it used by waypoints system others used rebirth npc

for me i created multiple currency in the game play and each npc had his own currency depending on the kind of the system that he gained this coins by :(increasing support to the main game currency from the other sub currencies creates the illusion in the sub-conscious that this is something value-able which if you didn't do players can ignore it till they know its worth, you don't want people to complain about what they throw you are allowed to build this illusion ethically..)

At this case above you can't make gold buyable by those tokens from NPCS, because this will happen through players economy and interactions which starts the pricing and the real worth is being defined by players without GMs having any opinion about prices.

because nowdays i see owners control items price in gold which feels too idiot to me.

-------
This is just Example on how to make demand higher than support.
And just 1 store that uses gold to buy upgrading materials that can fuse, make your EQ stronger
gold needed for 1 item increases as the item you want is rarer so you are mathematically calculating how much demand points is needed for this currency is slightly above the support, idk if i was clear enough to explain it its not simple nor complicated and im idiot when it comes to explaining something. maybe i can talk about it freely in chat 1 MSG me i might give you some ideas on building an economy for your server that allows player to have common sense about equipment prices, and gold to be really useful and high on demand.

(Currency Support = what the gameplay gives in loot/system/bosses .. anything the server gives regarding the currency is support)
Currency Demand = how important is what this currency can be used in)

You create support and create demand slightly higher for example if at level 1000 player should have looted (free) around 30-50 crystal coins
then your currency support at this case is 30-50CC

therefore demand should be slightly higher average of 55-60, currency or anything worth is based on being needed more than given

(Demand >> Support == Worth)

last tip : when you get to calculate things in game mechanics you suppose that everything is always max (CountMax = 30) then count is always 30 to make the gameplay challenging by default and with respect to your mechanics

Back