• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Port 3306 problems?

MadeBySaints

Reaction score
I seem to be having a little trouble with port 3306. I have opened all the necessary ports on my router 80, 7171, 7172, and 3306. The config file is set to 3306 for the sql. I have uniserver 11.3.2, and finally i have disabled firewalls in both my router, and my computer.

tfs 1.0 | znote aac for tfs1.0 | uniserver 11.3.2 | Windows 8.1

I start mysql and apache with uniserver, check the website, everything is fine. I go to log into the game from my local machine, and it works. no problem. however when i go online to canyouseeme.org they can not see my service running on that port, but it is...and its not blocked by anything... I have tried numerous things to remedy this problem, but to no avail. My friend tries to join my server from her house, and she can not get online, with the error server not online, when CLEARLY it is. i have double checked all my configs etc, set a static internal ip and the whole song and dance. a few days ago i was actually running an tfs 8.6 server for a few people (who are not on my network) no problem :/ I have run multiple minecraft, terraria, and several other games from my machine, and they all work fine...

Any help or insight on this would be amazing, and deserves rep. because im at a loss here :eek:

1. You done need to forward port 3306, its actually unsafe to do that.
2. Are you using your external ip or a domain?

You have to specify the global IP in config.lua for others to be able to connect. If you can't connect with your global IP; then there's a workaround.

Specify your domain as ip in config.lua, it would look something like:
ip = "example.com"

Then add this to your hosts file (/etc/hosts in Unix-like operating systems, C:/Windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts in Windows):
192.168.0.1 example.com

is the 192.168.0.1 supposed to be my internal ip address, or should i use exactly those numbers in the hosts file?

or do i use my routers network ip?

and yes latest version of ipchanger

is the 192.168.0.1 supposed to be my internal ip address, or should i use exactly those numbers in the hosts file?

or do i use my routers network ip?

and yes latest version of ipchanger

192.168.x.x Is supposed to be the internal IP assigned to your computer by the router. You can find it by running the command "ipconfig" in a Windows command prompt or "ifconfig" in a Linux terminal.

okay i tried to use this information, and when i tried to save the hosts file, it says save failed. please check if this file is open in another program. I dont think i have ever played with the hosts file, so it couldnt be anything i started

Try opening the file in safe mode. Maybe Windows 8 has some system that disallows edits to that file or something like that, I really dont know.

Back