• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Team Pray to the RNG Gods. Looking for several positions.

A Dirty Rag

Reaction score
The world you know is crumbling, humanity is being phased out. Cast off the evolutionary chain. Great cities have become myths, the myths fading with each generation. Pick up your blades and kill as many beasts as you can until one day you yourself are cut down, you are a Slayer; this is your destiny.

The server is inspired by my love for randomized items and monster slaying from the plethora of arpgs I've played over the years. I've drawn from the good and the bad of them and combined that with certain mmo and gameplay elements from Tibia to create an awesome concept.

There was a few things I absolutely wanted to address as the core foundation of the OT. Firstly to approach all modifications in a practical doable manner or toss them out the door. Secondly to create gameplay that eliminates the players desire to bot. Thirdly to create fun replay gameplay and content.

Right about now you're probably thinking this guy's fucking crazy and it's impossible to create an ARPG out of Tibia without redoing an unrealistic amount of things; well take the red pill and read on or take the blue pill and get outa' here.

I mentioned randomized items early, I mean when you loot an item it with be rolled with certain affixes (10% chance on hit to cast fire ball) and attributes. An algorithm will be used to assign a power-level to the item based on all its stats. Now if a player chooses to sell that item to the shop they will gain exp relevant to the power level of the item. That's how you level up in Pray to the RNG Gods. Bu.. but monsters don't give you exp?! No, they give you something called source which replaced the mana bar, it has no cap similar to exp however it can be used from anything to enchanting weapons to expending it for a revive. The billions of possible items along with the ability to sell items for gold/trade to players or exp to shops OR to use them yourself creates a dynamic active player economy.

Having a multitude of ways to create source tied in with the death system creates tons of diversity. You start with 3 revives when you make a new character, when you die you use up a revive. After your first two revives you are limited to one revive slot. You can expend a large amount of source to fill that slot. What happens if you die with no revives? Perma-death. PvP death does not cause the loss of a revive, instead you lose 1/3rd of the source you've built up. This system promotes caution and skill in combat, promotes having fun in pvp and along with the tons of other ways to use source such as enchanting a weapon, enhancing an ability creates very dynamic gameplay. Combat will be much faster paced than in Tibia, creating new characters much more fun, and the map much more suited for replayablity.

Well I've touched on all I care to in this thread, I don't want to write a novel and explain every detail but anyone interested in joining the project should have a good idea of the direction its headed. So onto the positions that need to be filled. All the intended changes to the source should not be insanely difficult to do, I've thought them all out in a piratical programming logic before I based the server around them.

Jobs
C++ TFS 1.0: Minor changes to the source and some functions from 0.3.6pl1 need to be implemented.

Mapper 0/1: The approach to the map will be quite a bit different that anything I'm sure you've done before. There will be many small villages that will act as hubs around the treacherous wilds. Humanity has nearly been wiped out, few people survive and make due with what they can and the world is overun with monsters so hunting/dangerous areas need to be highly condensed. The mindset of a Tibia just pre-apocalypse.

Every member is welcome to make suggestions and pump out ideas, I'll be managing everything along with writing scripts, lore/quests/dialog, and concepts/balancing. Aswell as web design & coding when it comes to that. If you're interested in applying send me your age, time zone, contact method, availability, and why you're interested in working on the server.

The world you know is crumbling, humanity is being phased out. Cast off the evolutionary chain. Great cities have become myths, the myths fading with each generation. Pick up your blades and kill as many beasts as you can until one day you yourself are cut down, you are a Slayer; this is your destiny.

Last edited:
@offtopic

Pray to @A Dirty Rag , changed his avatar pixel.

@ontopic

I might be able to help with some mapping, not pro tho.

Bahaha, I was drinking my coffee sitting here looking at it and I was like .. "I guess I'll stop being lazy and change it for @Testerus". If you want to help that'd be great. All I want out of the mapper(s) is to be really creative and not worry about getting something done but more so putting that creativity into the map! Doesn't have to be pro. Send me a few shots of your work.

One question, is the project starting from scratch or is it based on something?

Well all the primary systems (core of the server) are planned out; only a bit is posted here, I'm not doing a "come up with ideas while working and see where it goes". The only things that are being implemented right now are already on paper. But very little work is actually done on the server. I've been working on scripts/spells and a little of the map is done.

sounds really promising! btw you should add a bit of your own info (age,timezone,...)

i'm not going to apply because i'm really swapped irl and when i do find the time i'm working on my own teams project

good luck tho!

Sorry I missed your post @Royal_Legends , I guess I skimmed over the notification >_< . I'm not an amazing mapper but creating a aesthetically amazing server isn't a priority for me. I want a map that is exciting & playable: Here's some shots of the little bit I have done, I expect any mappers that join to be hopefully a little more skilled than me :).

Removed the shots for now, because I need to adjust borders etc on them. Nothings meant to be presented right now. Feel free to contact me to see where the map is going though.

Last edited:

The server is inspired by my love for randomized items and monster slaying from the plethora of arpgs I've played over the years. I've drawn from the good and the bad of them and combined that with certain mmo and gameplay elements from Tibia to create an awesome concept.

There was a few things I absolutely wanted to address as the core foundation of the OT. Firstly to approach all modifications in a practical doable manner or toss them out the door. Secondly to create gameplay that eliminates the players desire to bot. Thirdly to create fun replay gameplay and content.

Right about now you're probably thinking this guy's fucking crazy and it's impossible to create an ARPG out of Tibia without redoing an unrealistic amount of things; well take the red pill and read on or take the blue pill and get outa' here.

I mentioned randomized items early, I mean when you loot an item it with be rolled with certain affixes (10% chance on hit to cast fire ball) and attributes. An algorithm will be used to assign a power-level to the item based on all its stats. Now if a player chooses to sell that item to the shop they will gain exp relevant to the power level of the item. That's how you level up in Pray to the RNG Gods. Bu.. but monsters don't give you exp?! No, they give you something called source which replaced the mana bar, it has no cap similar to exp however it can be used from anything to enchanting weapons to expending it for a revive. The billions of possible items along with the ability to sell items for gold/trade to players or exp to shops OR to use them yourself creates a dynamic active player economy.

Having a multitude of ways to create source tied in with the death system creates tons of diversity. You start with 3 revives when you make a new character, when you die you use up a revive. After your first two revives you are limited to one revive slot. You can expend a large amount of source to fill that slot. What happens if you die with no revives? Perma-death. PvP death does not cause the loss of a revive, instead you lose 1/3rd of the source you've built up. This system promotes caution and skill in combat, promotes having fun in pvp and along with the tons of other ways to use source such as enchanting a weapon, enhancing an ability creates very dynamic gameplay. Combat will be much faster paced than in Tibia, creating new characters much more fun, and the map much more suited for replayablity.

Well I've touched on all I care to in this thread, I don't want to write a novel and explain every detail but anyone interested in joining the project should have a good idea of the direction its headed. So onto the positions that need to be filled. All the intended changes to the source should not be insanely difficult to do, I've thought them all out in a piratical programming logic before I based the server around them.

Jobs
C++ TFS 1.0/OTClient Dev(s) 0/2 : Pretty self explanitory, collaborate with me and the other programmer to make the changes to the source.

Mapper 0/1: The approach to the map will be quite a bit different that anything I'm sure you've done before. There will be many small villages that will act as hubs around the treacherous wilds. Humanity has nearly been wiped out, few people survive and make due with what they can and the world is overun with monsters so hunting/dangerous areas need to be highly condensed. The mindset of a Tibia just pre-apocalypse.

Pixel Artist(s) 0/?: I'm not looking to create any creatures or structures before launch, however I want to use completely custom item sprites because I feel that using Tibia's items and renaming them is generic.

Every member is welcome to make suggestions and pump out ideas, I'll be managing everything along with writing scripts, lore/quests/dialog, and concepts/balancing. Aswell as web design & coding when it comes to that. If you're interested in applying send me your age, time zone, contact method, availability, and why you're interested in working on the server.

TL;DR

Whats up, is the server running yet?
I can do scripting, sql administrating, web dev'ing, balancing etc.

The TL;DR is the green text o_O

I'm only looking for a mapper or two and someone to do some minor work in the source code. Also some systems I wrote down in my original post have been changed, mainly instead of getting exp from selling items you get source and you get exp from monsters like normal. I'm going to be doing a dev blog video every Monday so stay tuned for more info. :cool:

Back