• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Complaint Premium for market? Wtf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beo

Three Magic
Solutions
Reaction score
http://otland.net/f485/only-premium-members-can-create-threads-marketplace-156914/#post1510199

WHAT THE FUCK?
This is unfair on those who are selling stuff legit.

The announcement has gone but stated;

"otland is not responsible for any scams" etc

Now, you've took the matter into your own hands and decided only premium users can post in the Marketplace? A way to earn more cash?

Thats bullshit bro.

Possible solutions? Instead of this crap.

There hasn't been any problems with the Marketplace until Wutang started with his scamming attempts. Wouldn't it be easier to approve threads before they're visible?

How about: only be able to sell when you have a account with more then 200 posts and joined longer then 2 months ago. It won't make every 1 happy, but atleast a better solution than this. ;x

Last edited:
I think there are more than enough threads about scammers, they just create a new account.. and bang, take another server. People just have to be very carefull with giving out maps and server packs etc.

NON-PREMIUM FAGS?

Why fags idiot?

Btw, I'm sure that Talaturen didn't do this to earn more money from otland or something. He is already getting enough, and he is 21+ years old irl and probably having a real job. He simply made this just to decrease scammers amounts and so, but he should atleast take our opinion as I already said in my previous post.

All this is about money bro, they want more ppl buying premium to proft more ¬¬

Otland is becoming a way to make money for the owner's btw.

Yes

Scarlet ayleid are trying to get it back to normal!

I hope they will take it back else this will just be a PROFIT-Maker website for the owners!

This totally seemed like a rushed decision, why it was taken so suddenly I don't know, but I'll do whatever I can to get the Marketplace back to normal

@conde2
and this was not a money thing, of that I am sure

So we've got 1 mod & a few members not liking this idea.
How many more is fucking needed for talautren,znote & whoever else was involved in adding this to get rid of this shit?
Two mods. I don't agree with this at all.

So your supporting this shit idea?
He isn't talking about the idea but how you are expressing your displease. You could probably become a nice politician, at least here in Sweden, turning everything around and even change the meaning against someone.

I see some ass lickers.
:rolleyes:

But after all i though premium is something we pay for as a donation...
Turned into "premium" a while ago and therefore I assume it become some kind of product.

In my opinion they should go all out if they're gonna stick with this, else it kind of seems pointless. Make the marketplace board into a premium board, that way both the buyer and sellers need to have premium, a lot of deals are made through private messages and this system now is not stopping that.

We should still make a limit to create a thread in the marketplace for free members.
Obviously, limiting it to only premium members is not the way to go.
However, it won't hurt to have it at the same time (maybe).

An example of this would be something like this, only these people can create threads in there:
- A free member must have at least 250 posts and must be active for at least a month.
- A premium member (regardless of how many posts or how long they've been here)
Remove the post count in the forum game boards as well. It's easy as hell reaching a nice amount of posts there as it is now, posts don't have any value whatsoever at the current time.

Last edited:
I have never seen anything this absurb ever! Are you FUCKING kidding me?
You do realise that 90% of scammers are the buyers not the sellers!? So all it will take is a pm, visitor message.. (i guess you could just make it prem for that aswell yh?)

I don't care about the intentions, the idea was idiotic and not thought through!

There are plenty of easier, simpler and more efficient ways to tackle scamming.
Just to give you an idea:
Maybe even a certain amount of rep before allowing it?

Don't give us this "good intentions" "all for the greater good" shit. Hitler had the same view point. The Hiroshima and Nagasaki Atom Bomb was done under the same principle. Stalin; for the greater good.

Pfft.

I guess we should all be saying "Hail Talitler!"
Bird with a mustache.

hahahahaha: I GUESS THIS WILL MAKE MY SPRITING COMPETITION MORE POPULAR EH?
1ST PRIZE IS A 3 MONTHS PREMIUM!

Last edited:
yeah.. lol. it's Sunday, the things were you guys care about.. pfff if I only think about it I already got a big headache. Let the mods doing their work, and don't get scammed starts by yourself. Just think twice before giving someone your map or datapack.

@up what you say links to the buyers, not the sellers LOL This prem thing is to do with the sellers.

I have no issue with Znote or anyone, but this was a misteak.

Ah, my bad. In that case.. just make it harder to start a thread to sell things... I think it's better if they have to be premium.. if they want to earn money, they also can spend a few dollars for a prem status. Also I think it's smart if they need a kind of reputation or activity on the forum before can sell stuff..

For example.. I boughed a map for 15 euros. that guys said he would only sell it 4 times. And I know, got proofs he sold it like 8 times?.. (btw; the map was great! so I don't really care)

Serieus.. it's to easy to scam people with selling products.

Ah, my bad. In that case.. just make it harder to start a thread to sell things... I think it's better if they have to be premium.. if they want to earn money, they also can spend a few dollars for a prem status. Also I think it's smart if they need a kind of reputation or activity on the forum before can sell stuff..

For example.. I boughed a map for 15 euros. that guys said he would only sell it 4 times. And I know, got proofs he sold it like 8 times?.. (btw; the map was great! so I don't really care)

Serieus.. it's to easy to scam people with selling products.
Will also remain easy as hell scamming on the internet unless some rich fucker decides to start visiting everyone and bust their kneecaps.

even though you would profit on getting yourself donor status and scam people :p

Seems like a simple marketing thingy, to earn more money on OTLand.
Yup, life's all about money.

Well I'm not "owned" I don't really care.. map was great, was cheap and wasn't scripted so just the map isn't everything ;)

As a premium user, I rather not have the Marketplace section, then only Premium Users can post threads in this. And did everyone else forget? It's the people who scam in the Marketplace section who ruin it for everyone else. Whether or not the user being Premium, or not.

People wreck it for other people, simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back