• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Complaint Premium for market? Wtf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beo

Three Magic
Solutions
Reaction score
http://otland.net/f485/only-premium-members-can-create-threads-marketplace-156914/#post1510199

WHAT THE FUCK?
This is unfair on those who are selling stuff legit.

The announcement has gone but stated;

"otland is not responsible for any scams" etc

Now, you've took the matter into your own hands and decided only premium users can post in the Marketplace? A way to earn more cash?

Thats bullshit bro.

Possible solutions? Instead of this crap.

There hasn't been any problems with the Marketplace until Wutang started with his scamming attempts. Wouldn't it be easier to approve threads before they're visible?

How about: only be able to sell when you have a account with more then 200 posts and joined longer then 2 months ago. It won't make every 1 happy, but atleast a better solution than this. ;x

Last edited:
Damnit, do anyone think they'll get the old market back?

Or anyone know the current status about it? I really dislike this

This is bullshit.
So a guy whos scammed over and over again has some cash. He then wastes 10 bucks for the chance to scam another member for 50 bucks. He profits 40 bucks and his "new name" is on the scammers list. He doesn't care.

HEY GUYS YOU KNOW WHAT???

I just found this thread with a guy selling a AUTHENTIC copy of the Tibia RL MAP!!!!!! HE JUST WANTS $100 for it!! REALLY CHEAP YEA?? He registered yesterday and it is his first post, BUT ANYWAY IT SEEMS LEGIT SO WHATEVER HE IS PROBABLY A NICE DUDE!!!!!!!

I MIGHT ASWELL GET TWO!!!!!

I just found this thread with a guy selling a AUTHENTIC copy of the Tibia RL MAP!!!!!! HE JUST WANTS $100 for it!! REALLY CHEAP YEA?? He registered yesterday and it is his first post, BUT ANYWAY IT SEEMS LEGIT SO WHATEVER HE IS PROBABLY A NICE DUDE!!!!!!!

This is not an attitude i would expect from a mod.

I just found this thread with a guy selling a AUTENTIC copy of the Tibia RL MAP!!!!!! HE JUST WANTS $100 for it!! REALLY CHEAP YEA?? He registered yesterday and it is his first post, BUT ANYWAY IT SEEMS LEGIT SO WHATEVER HE IS PROBABLY A NICE DUDE!!!!!!!

Authentic*

And no, dont be stupid, thats a silly thing to do :rolleyes:

The marketplace wasn't even meant to exist and I hate how OpenTibia has become all about making money. This wasn't a rushed decision, what could have been a rushed decision was adding the marketplace in the first place. I have considered this change for months and now that Znote brought up that there is scamming going on in the marketplace I finally decided that it's time to limit creating threads there to premium users (it was planned to happen at a later time anyway).

We're not stopping you from making money from OpenTibia, but we are limiting the advertising of it to premium users as they have paid to support OtLand. If there is evidence of them scamming we can ban their account, and it won't just be enough to register another account to start another scamming attempt.

This change was more about decreasing the use of the marketplace than trying to stop scammers though. While it obviously doesn't stop scammers from contacting buyers/sellers, it stops them from reaching out to everyone who is viewing the marketplace. It is up to the seller/buyer to decide if he or she wants to make business with anyone who is interested or not.

I'm disappointed to see how most of you are upset about this change and aren't trying to see the good things with it. It was definitely not made for OtLand to make more money, if I was running OtLand as a business I would have added ads to the forum a very long time ago and stopped working on The Forgotten Server, OtLand IP Changer and any other project I develop as free and open-source.

To answer some questions that were brought up:
No, existing threads by non-premium users will not be deleted. Although we won't help you to keep your very old thread alive by i.e. cleaning it up so you can start selling a OT map when you originally were selling a Tibia character in the thread.
No, your thread won't be deleted when your premium expires.

I'm closing this thread now so that people can easily see my response without having to go back a few pages when everyone keeps repeating what has already been said about how they dislike this change. I've heard you and I'm not changing my mind, the change is final and if you don't understand then that's just too bad but you can still go sell your stuff at eBay if you're here to sell stuff and while you won't give anything back to OtLand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back