• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Prevent Client Crash?

kalle303

Reaction score
Hi!

I've added some new sprites to my custom client.

If someone tries to connect to my server whith the original client, that persons client will crash when trying to view one of the new sprites.

I wonder if there's a way to make my server only allow my custom client to login?

Maybe change the client protocol of my custom client to 8.43 and source edit the server to only allow 8.43?
I don't know, please help me with a solution:thumbup:

I guess I will need to edit the source of my server, and hexedit my client. But I don't know how to source edit TFS yet, and I don't know where to change the client protocol in my custom client with hexeditor..

Hope someone understands what I need help with :D

BTW: I'm using TFS 0.3.4.
Thanks!
Sorry for my bad english!
/Kalle303

You could always make the log-in MOTD say something in style with "Remember to download our custom client before attempting to play, or else you will get a debug!"

It's a good idea, but not 100% safe.

I've got a new idea,
when a character login, a script will start that checks the characters client version, if the characters client is the original tibia client(8.42), that character will get kicked and get a error message.

But then I got to change the clinet version of my custom client too something else than 8.42. And i don't know how to do that :(

EDIT: something like this? LoL
Code:
FunctionOnLogin
getplayerclient
get playername
if client = 842 then
kick playername
send msg: "Please login with the custom client."
end

Last edited:
I'm fairly sure that can be done using servers.xml (/data/xml/)

PHP:
<server id="0" name="Example" versionMin="841" versionMax="842" address="127.0.0.1" port="7171"/>

That didden't work, I tested it with the 8.41 client.

EDIT: Specjalist mentioned RSA, I've heard about it, it's an encryption thing LoL :p
How can we use it?

Back