• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Printer Back?

What about Retro Servers? I mean, old systems, old aim, spells, etc... and new graphics.

i would tell you to help me with my harry potter ot, but tbh im not completely sure if i'll ever finish that map lol

Printer I got something that might tickle your fancy. Actually a few ideas.. all of which are truly unique and should turn some heads when finished.

I'm looking someone experienced enough to work with me in a Monster AI system, that's will be huge, if you are interested tell me.

What about a Diablo like server? I mean dungeon based, storyline, etc.

tibia is dead in so many ways xD there is really no idea by now that could make any success :/ we are saturated lol

This thread is the sadest thing ever.
Printer. Here is my idea(I made this account JUST TO ANSWER HERE) as I requested a delete since i almost lost all kinds of interest.

How about a war server, that is actually not a war server? Let me explain this to you.
The server is based of a huge war between nations. The classes ( orcs, drgaons, human, cyclopse. elfs, minotaurs..etc.. ) Have subclasses like (elf arcanist which is a strong mage, minotaur archer who is a .. archer.. etc with all subclasses possible) Each one has diffrent spells & strenghts, as for example minotaurs naturally get 15% less damage and elfs magic dmg is increased by 10 % or something to make them unique and hen adjust the spells ofc.

Now the system. Each nation has a HUGE town which is guarded by walls. In these walls there is defenders of each nation which are npcs. If ur from another nation & attack you fihgt against possibly palyers defending base(if ur base gets attacked you get a world message) and this is where we diffrenciate from a war server. The core of the server is a huge custom map and 80% of the eyemark is set on PVE, Not PvP. Yet the base sstem will allways leave content unexplored. To capture someones base you need to break through the walls with huge hammers & invasion machines etc.

There is instances for a seperate level(lvl 50-100) which are really hard and requir mutiple members but reward in insane exp. The biggest exp chunks should come from quests, such as defeat 200 holy monks in the Light area(which is one of the high level spots as an example) & defeat Malthael the defender of God. This chukn s you up by several levels as you finishd this content go to the next area etc. I would suggest not to hol the levels down but let people get to level 1-2k in the VERY end content as this would if yet leveling slowly but surely through quests make it possible to rain ALOT of content.

I would be willing to join this team if you ever seem to start this. Hope you like it.

tibia is dead in so many ways xD there is really no idea by now that could make any success :/ we are saturated lol
There are ideas what will succeed.
Right now its simply hard for unfinished projects and current "finished" servers to obtain the success, because the are so many other options end user can play as in terms of another game.
I'm going to speak from RPG player perspective.
Nowdays player chooses RPG with various reasons: (in no particular order)
++ There must be lot of people playing it.
++ Can you compete with others (comparing skill, items, achievements etc.)
++ Can you earn real life goods when playing it.
++ Is it fun.

Is that all possible in tibia? Yes it is. If i finish with my beta(hopefully this year, i will show you, how to get thousands of players)

OnTopic
Seems Printer is not looking for RPG.
How about Mystery like game?
These are 1 time play once games. (where you like trying to solve a murder or mystery or whatnot)
That would be quite interesting to see how would that work on RPG platform.

Thats true. It dosn't matter how you make the server, You will have max players for an month then they will leave!

Tibia isn't dead, OpenTibia isn't dead. Neither are dead.

15,000 players online currently on tibia (11:31am my time)
If you check the top games on steam, most games do not get over 10,000 players online at the same time at any time.

There are 18811 players online on 539 servers on OTServList.
Even more than tibia (some are probably MCs or bots, but EVERY ONLINE GAME has MCs and bots)

So Tibia and OpenTibia are still very successful. There are no issues, all this doom and gloom is from people that simply are not enjoying their time on tibia anymore.

If you don't like the game, go play something else, there are hundreds of great free games, including MMOs out there.
If you like tibia, and OTServers, then keep playing them, and supporting them.

As for Printer's request for a new idea.

Do something REALLY SMALL.

A SUPER simple project, that you think would take a week to finish, then you can build on it.

For Example:
Make a small map (200x200 sqm max)

Think of a simple idea:
Examples:
  1. Zombie Survival
  2. Pokemon-Style-Tibia server (You already started work on it, wouldn't be hard to make 10 different monsters that can evolve and start up the server)
  3. League of Legends (You already started it, you already have the map, just make 10 different "Vocations" people can choose and level up. (Add items in a later update, no need to start complicated, just start simple)
  4. Etc:

Printer seems to have the same problem I have. You think of AMAZING ideas, That will take a huge amount of time to complete. Then give up before it is finished.

This is why my current project is so simple. I decided to make the most simple project possible and then build upon it AFTER it is released. (Once something is released, that is when you have the most motivation to continue)

As for Printer's request for a new idea.

Do something REALLY SMALL.

A SUPER simple project, that you think would take a week to finish, then you can build on it.

For Example:
Make a small map (200x200 sqm max)

Think of a simple idea:
Examples:
  1. Zombie Survival
  2. Pokemon-Style-Tibia server (You already started work on it, wouldn't be hard to make 10 different monsters that can evolve and start up the server)
  3. League of Legends (You already started it, you already have the map, just make 10 different "Vocations" people can choose and level up. (Add items in a later update, no need to start complicated, just start simple)
  4. Etc:

Printer seems to have the same problem I have. You think of AMAZING ideas, That will take a huge amount of time to complete. Then give up before it is finished.

This is why my current project is so simple. I decided to make the most simple project possible and then build upon it AFTER it is released. (Once something is released, that is when you have the most motivation to continue)
true story.
I like scripting even more after playing my previous work is fun.

Well my project, although big, wouldn't take forever as most was done by CIP.. its just a whole new idea that I haven't seen out there yet so I'm working on it

Well my project, although big, wouldn't take forever as most was done by CIP.. its just a whole new idea that I haven't seen out there yet so I'm working on it
Are you trying to say you're going to use the generic tibia monsters, spells, items, map, just a different but new idea? If so that's kinda lame. If not then I'm curious as to what this whole new idea you have.

Back