• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Problem when starting! Rep++

Zonet

Web Developer
Reaction score
Hello, today, when i restarted my computer for a update that it does automatically, and i always update it.. but this itme it failed, i dont know why, when i try to open my computer it always starts again back, it loads and after back showing something when it always start..

I also tried with F8 with Safe Mode etc, Anyone know how to solve this problem?

PS! I dont want to lose my files in there.

Thanks, i would really be very thankful if you help me :)

You mean you cannot start the computer or it restart when you start it?

I got a little confused, I had a similar problem with my vista before, if you could just answer the questions above, and so.

Zer0xe.

Windows Vista has these varying problems.. think its smth with the system...
else it's the update, when I used vista and updated once, it took a very long time and when the installation ended my comp was off

It might not have anything to do with the updates.

Maybe, you had a dodgy power cable or it wasn't seated securely and that turned off the system while you were fiddling under your desk. If it powered off when Vista was applying the updates it could have caused a corrupt system file.

Btw, I have accidentally shut off the system by moving a cable - it can be done alarmingly easily. If you have no restores / back up points and repair doesn't work, and if you can't use the safe mode to restore the previous situation then I would suggest you too reformat and re-install.

I know you don't want too lose any files :/ That's a bummer though.

Did it happen after you installed Windows Vista SP1?

If that was the case
My issue was simple. A Windows Service called "System Update" was missing. It is implemented in "C:\Program Files\Lenovo\System Update\SUService.exe".

I had to register the service menually. There is a tool in the .Net framework called InstallUtil.exe. Since the SUService.exe is implemented in .Net, the InstallUtil can help.

Start a Command Prompt, by right-clicking and choosing "Run as administrator".

Run:

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\InstallUtil.exe "C:\Program Files\Lenovo\System Update\SUService.exe".

Modify paths as needed. If InstallUtil.exe is missing, then it might be part of the .Net SDK - do some googling.

Go to services (in the contral panel - administrative tools) and start the newly created "System Update" service. System Update now worked for me.

Not sure if that works for you, but for that guy it apparently worked.

So I'm not quiet sure what you problem occured. Sorry :(

Did you cancel a important update? or what? If so, you will need to spend alot of time to fix this, if you really turned off your computer or something when it was updating (very hard to explain since I dont know if you did it or not)

but it costs alot of work if you really did this.

I didn't cancel anything. When the update was done, and my computer restarted, when that green things loads, my computer just restarts again after that, i tried with recovery system, didn't work.

Hmm try to defregmant (dunno spelling~~) the harddisks.. mby it will help
rep++ if helpd:]

If you have tried all ways to acces your files from your pc and nothing is working, than remove your HDD, put it in other pc(other pc needs to have a working system) and simply acces the files from other pc(remember ur HDD CANT be primary in other pc, set it to secondyr or smth like that), make backup of your ot files, place HDD back in to your pc and format/reninstall system. It is nothing complicated, I've done it before. I hope you got my point, this thing is hard to explaing for me.

Last edited:
Back