• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Project X? Maybe... (10.++ XDC)

I think it's amazing lol and great that POE has inspired him. It's a really nice game and seeing an OT with features from it will be pretty cool.

@Kenia wow haven't seen you around in a while :D nice picture btw!

Decided to make an attempt at recreating item sets as they appear in many modern mmos. I think it turned out pretty nice. Still unsure how to display the bonuses of said set without the item description becoming too cluttered.

yJngoyh.png

Decided to make an attempt at recreating item sets as they appear in many modern mmos. I think it turned out pretty nice. Still unsure how to display the bonuses of said set without the item description becoming too cluttered.

yJngoyh.png

Custom Client could do it.
Or maybe a modal window? lolol

Custom Client could do it.
Or maybe a modal window? lolol
Assuming by modal window you meant the FYI box, and I am leaning towards that atm. Maybe clicking an item that is part of a set will bring up a new dialog that displays the set name/bonuses. The other option was to just put them in a little wiki section of the quest log so players could see a list of all sets/bonuses.

Nice try with the custom client tho :D!

Assuming by modal window you meant the FYI box, and I am leaning towards that atm. Maybe clicking an item that is part of a set will bring up a new dialog that displays the set name/bonuses. The other option was to just put them in a little wiki section of the quest log so players could see a list of all sets/bonuses.

Nice try with the custom client tho :D!

It was a joke.
Every time I suggest a custom client for a feature, people tell me "We have Modal Windows, we do not need custom client any longer".

You could teleport the player to a room with a bunch of Signs, and each sign can say one stat from the armor they are wearing.

Or you could open a container with items in it, and each item stands for a different stat, and they can look at each item to see the stat that the other item they looked at was.

Or you could draw on the screen with animations, might take some time to draw out each word so you can read it.
Example:
Code:
  /\    |--|   |\    /| ☼
/_ \   |__|   |  \/  |
/    \  | \    |      | ☼
Each line would be a screen.
ARM:
HP REG:
PHYS
RESIST:
3%
[/CODE]

Could be fun, take about 10 minutes to read your whole set.
You might need to read it twice to remember everything though.

**EDIT**

Oh! You could do it with normal text and change which tile it is coming from (and who can see the text)

This way, you could just utilize the entire screen.

Last edited:
It was a joke.
Every time I suggest a custom client for a feature, people tell me "We have Modal Windows, we do not need custom client any longer".

You could teleport the player to a room with a bunch of Signs, and each sign can say one stat from the armor they are wearing.

Or you could open a container with items in it, and each item stands for a different stat, and they can look at each item to see the stat that the other item they looked at was.

Or you could draw on the screen with animations, might take some time to draw out each word so you can read it.
Example:
Code:
  /\    |--|   |\    /| ☼
/_ \   |__|   |  \/  |
/    \  | \    |      | ☼
Each line would be a screen.
ARM:
HP REG:
PHYS
RESIST:
3%
[/CODE]

Could be fun, take about 10 minutes to read your whole set.
You might need to read it twice to remember everything though.

**EDIT**

Oh! You could do it with normal text and change which tile it is coming from (and who can see the text)

This way, you could just utilize the entire screen.
And make them have level 1 speed with paralysis so they really understand it?

It's been a while since I've had the motivation to mess around with OT and update this thread... Here are some things that I've been working on!

I'm going to start out with something extremely ARPG'isk... Waypoints! Anyone that played diablo back in the day should recognize this, it's basically a "save point" of sorts while exploring. This allows players to quickly teleport back to places they found rather than having to walk all the way back. Most of the core areas will be shown on the list with ??? rather than the areas name until they are discovered, however, some secret areas don't show up in the list at all until they are located! The monster level range is also displayed here for convenience.
KlkxmIW.jpg

You will also notice a somewhat odd button here as well "credits".
This is a special button because as we all know... I cannot map for shit. This button will display the original mapper(s) of any given area. This allows players to see all of the people that were willing to contribute to the project, and because it's on the waypoint, they will know exactly what was mapped by said player!

Original creations have the persons name on them, anything that is publicly released here on otland is tagged with the map it was pulled from and the person that made it. If multiple parts were used from multiple people, they are all listed.

Want your name here? Feel free to send me map pieces!
aa4ea88f919dbadb5c832c0775e824b9.gif

Some time ago I made a post proposing a new idea for how stairs could work, this is the finished version with everything from stairs to ropes accounted for.
ad4280d1cd6b51988861b8d5ce617607.gif
6140cdc86bfed21641b4e32084766605.gif

83f6a91b483f2b5faaecd3cf85fc70e4.gif

Wanted to make secret areas for people to find and explore so needed a way for people to get places they shouldn't normally be able to!

Levitate is now known as Jump and has extended functionality in certain locations.
33444368ae0d343ce70e7b1cf61069c4.gif

A special rope for things that can't be jumped.
d8d13b8285324609762c94d3eccc1aca.gif

Added some new buttons to the spellbook rather than using !commands
a301c6e588388a1c0d5833519561848d.gif
fccbf83d63720c2c594bbb18825d982b.gif

A major goal is to fill the world with random encounters so it always feels different. Here are a couple things so far.
9bcea5f925b52e6f335bd90644bd800b.gif
8431b793c4b72f862e04ba03ce15c866.gif

Every monster (aside from bosses) has a chance to become an elite version. There are several levels of these guys, each one more powerful than the last.
Ndrhues.jpg

Aside from elite variations, monsters are also scaled dynamically similar to how most modern MMORPGs do things. This is really useful for a multitude of reasons such as reusing monsters in multiple regions or creating endless battle arena challenges. It also reduces development time by not having to duplicate monsters and increase their numeric values to fit a specific level range. Simply creating a well balanced monster at level 1 is sufficient enough, the system will do the math and scale it accordingly.

1pKOP1I.jpg
RmgIQzT.jpg

Back