• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Questions I've had for so long.

Ranyo13

ManCausingMayhem
Reaction score
Hello,
So as the title says, I have a few questions,
What skills do I need:
to have my own map editor?
to have my own items editor?
to create my own engine from scratch?
to edit the game client?
to edit sprites or implement new sprites?
Basically, to mess with everything related to Tibia.
Thanks in advance.

Lua, C++, PHP and SQL . These languages let you to do everything you want with tibia.

Not only skills, but you will need plenty of time to do something from scratch. Better use already released things.

Map editor from scratch is like maybe halb year of work. Same with client and engine. Item editor maybe some less time.

It makes no sense to make something from scratch as there are already released most of the things as Open Source projects, like editor - Remeres, client - OTClient, server engine - TFS. etc.

Lua, C++, PHP and SQL . These languages let you to do everything you want with tibia.
Thank you.

Not only skills, but you will need plenty of time to do something from scratch. Better use already released things.

Map editor from scratch is like maybe halb year of work. Same with client and engine. Item editor maybe some less time.

It makes no sense to make something from scratch as there are already released most of the things as Open Source projects, like editor - Remeres, client - OTClient, server engine - TFS. etc.
I know that it's nonsense to start everything from scratch, especially when I'm an independent developer or whatever the f it's called :p
Maybe I can't express what I'm looking for properly but I just want to be knowledgeable about the whole thing I'm dealing with.
I want to be able to mess with errors that pop up and try to find solutions.
Thank you.

Back