• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux RAM problem

dogox222

%00
Reaction score
Hi, I bought a new VPS because I wanted more RAM. The VPS has 6gb of ram.
The problem is that I want to run a map of 60mb but I don't know why, it uses all of the ram and CPU. This didn't happen in the old VPS (3gb RAM).
Does anybody know why this happens?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Your system is 32 or 64 bits?
By me know, for use 3gb + of laughing is necessary be 64 bits. Excuse itself I'll be mistaken.
It's 64bit, and the problem is that before loading the map, the computer uses 12gb os ram. Maybe a compilation problem? I use ubuntu 10.04.

It could be a compilation problem indeed, what boost version are you using?

Can u explain me what this "Boost Version"?
Problem in the compilation? Generally itself the compilation isnt deed correctly the console isnt generated. Or Im mistaken?

Memory leak..

Yes but, is there a solution? I've searched a lot. Now I'm trying to update the kernel and then upgrade the ubuntu version to 12.04.

Can u explain me what this "Boost Version"?
Problem in the compilation? Generally itself the compilation isnt deed correctly the console isnt generated. Or Im mistaken?
I'm not sure but I think that is a compatibility problem, maybe TFS is build for 1.48 and doesn't work correctly with 1.40. And as I've seen, boost libs are requiered each time you open the server.

Try

PHP:
apt-get  install autoconf libxml2-dev liblua5.1-0-dev g++ libgmp3-dev  libcrypto++-dev libboost-filesystem1.40-dev libboost-system1.40-dev  libboost-regex1.40-dev libboost-thread1.40-dev  libmysqlclient15-dev  make

Contact me if isnt work

Try

PHP:
apt-get  install autoconf libxml2-dev liblua5.1-0-dev g++ libgmp3-dev  libcrypto++-dev libboost-filesystem1.40-dev libboost-system1.40-dev  libboost-regex1.40-dev libboost-thread1.40-dev  libmysqlclient15-dev  make

Contact me if isnt work

This isn't the problem, I install the libraries correctlly.

BUMP.
Not a compilation problem. I've done a backup restore from the old VPS, and it's also happening. Maybe some ubuntu ram usage config?

Back