• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

RealOTs 7.7 Clone Project

True. But iryont stopped hosting so only dennis is hosting atm. Also i heard its some friend of him got it aswell

Dennis and Rob have the full files, Iryont only had pieces (enough to host the server but not do anything special with it). As far as cloning goes, let him go for it. Remember it'll be a clone and not the real thing though ;p

Great to see old time ot. I wish you nice work, and good luck. Since May 2013 I give you grade: 6/10.

Dennis and Rob have the full files, Iryont only had pieces (enough to host the server but not do anything special with it). As far as cloning goes, let him go for it. Remember it'll be a clone and not the real thing though ;p

What wasn't full in RealOTS edition by Iryont?

it was full afaik, I do not know what is he talking about.

and to you, dear author of the thread - I have did what you did long time ago, have fun and believe me you wont be able to jump over some hard things without a help of someone like Dennis

it was full afaik, I do not know what is he talking about.

and to you, dear author of the thread - I have did what you did long time ago, have fun and believe me you wont be able to jump over some hard things without a help of someone like Dennis

I'm wondering what are those "hard tasks" I'll need help from Dennis.

TibiaLibrary, memories, TibiaWiki, WebArchive, etc... Are more than enough to achieve something, or that's what I'm thinking of. I've a huge knowledge about this area, besides, asking is not illegal.

:)

I'm wondering what are those "hard tasks" I'll need help from Dennis.

TibiaLibrary, memories, TibiaWiki, WebArchive, etc... Are more than enough to achieve something, or that's what I'm thinking of. I've a huge knowledge about this area, besides, asking is not illegal.

:)

Unless you plan on shelling out some cash he's not going to help, sorry bud

Unless you plan on shelling out some cash he's not going to help, sorry bud

He actually was wiling to help me with some doubts and things I had missing, but thanks to the internet didn't need to.

OT monsters are smarter than CipSoft's.
Retardation >= 9000

First of all, OT monsters always walks in predictable patterns. Walk around a tree, and it will walk in the exact same pattern, <, >, <, >, <, >, if you do the same. Real AI monsters are unpredictable, there's a rand() function involved.
There's also a rand() function involved when their hp drops low (when they're supposed to start running). OT monsters' AI instantly reacts from having low hp, or has a small fixed delay, while real AI monsters has a rand() delay between 0-1.5 seconds or so.
There seems to be alot of randomness involved in general with them, making them unpredictable, like they should be.
And no, you can't trick a Giant Spider into running in a different direction by throwing an item (other than runes) in the middle.
Monsters will even walk through fields if they're close enough to you -- something OT monsters does not (they either always walk on fields, or not at all).
The list is endless.
OT Monsters' AI = the most simple-minded AI there is. Robotic automata. They walk in straight lines, and I dare say even Pacman Ghosts are more sophisticated.

If you can trick giant spiders in version 9.x that's your problem for playing 9.x.
You couldn't do that in 7.7x.

Last edited:
so much hate and nostalgia on this thread. Let him script what he wants. its practice and fun.

I checked on my server how this "Giant Spider AI" works. He was not predictable, it was even awesome. He outplayed me, chased and killed. He avoided taking damage from fields but when I came near him he immediately went through it. Also after trying being tricked on tree, he walked around after all and got me.

This V

so much hate and nostalgia on this thread. Let him script what he wants. its practice and fun.

Hail Venezuela, Good job/luck Ezzz..

First of all, OT monsters always walks in predictable patterns. Walk around a tree, and it will walk in the exact same pattern, <, >, <, >, <, >, if you do the same. Real AI monsters are unpredictable, there's a rand() function involved.

In cipsoft monsters it depends from their strategy not rand() function, also there is delay in geting path to followed creature thats why cip moster won't walking like you said <, >, <, >, <, >, if you do the same.

Monsters will even walk through fields if they're close enough to you -- something OT monsters does not (they either always walk on fields, or not at all).

It's implemented to OTS monsters but someone did there little misstake in the codes.

OT monsters' AI instantly reacts from having low hp, or has a small fixed delay, while real AI monsters has a rand() delay between 0-1.5 seconds or so.

There is always same delay as far i know 2 or 1,5 sec.

All these issues and much more have been resolved in OriginalTibia.com you can check it if you want.

Originaltibia monsters are better than most monsters but still nowhere near RealOTS.. I'm not flaming I'm honestly telling the truth.

I've been killing hunters on originaltibia and I have yet to get arrow spammed.

Also, I'm a knight and when I run up to them they INSTANTLY start stutter stepping (it was never INSTANT on 7.7, there was a rand())

I'm sure a lot more differences.

I checked on my server how this "Giant Spider AI" works. He was not predictable, it was even awesome. He outplayed me, chased and killed. He avoided taking damage from fields but when I came near him he immediately went through it. Also after trying being tricked on tree, he walked around after all and got me.

That's why OTServer monsters AI is better than CipSoft, CipSoft intentionally did the dumb pathfinding preduction.

Back