RME 2.2 finally released!

OP
Evan

Evan

A splendid one to behold
Premium User
Best answers
Reaction score
Oh gee, I can try, I'll look at the other examples and learn by that.
Where do you find the extensions? I just noticed the folder is not there anymore.

Fady

Anderion.net
Best answers
Reaction score
It support 9+ but there are not any new additions from 2.0 like new ground's / walls (auto border) etc.

But very nice, i never use auto border's would be useful for beginners mapper's.
thats what im trying to say.

OP
Evan

Evan

A splendid one to behold
Premium User
Best answers
Reaction score
thats what im trying to say.
Yeah, that auto-bordering and auto-walling stuff is from using extensions, I just made additions to walls.xml.
In other words, I don't have the automatic wall thing, but rather a more organized wall pallete.

If I can figure out where the extensions for 2.2 is located, I can work on them.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, I found the extensions; it's located in your AppData\Roaming folders.

zaneria hoster

Monte :)
Best answers
Reaction score
Why can't you just get Windows 7? XP is 11 years old and you're behind the pack.
becouse i don't like Windows 7. Who care, that windows XP is 11 years old? It's better than 7 and i need this map editor.

OP
Evan

Evan

A splendid one to behold
Premium User
Best answers
Reaction score
becouse i don't like Windows 7. Who care, that windows XP is 11 years old? It's better than 7 and i need this map editor.
XP is better than Windows 7? What the fuck have you been smoking?

Kiwi Dan

Kiwi Server 3.0
Best answers
Reaction score
I vouch for those using Windows XP. I like simplicity and reliability, it probably uses less resources too. Lots are using it still so I think it would be a good idea for Remeres editor to work on it.

Medargo

Intermediate OT User
Best answers
Reaction score
I would be very glad if Remere do it to work on Windows XP, I'm really excited to map Gnomes and Underwater new stuff. Please don't say to me use the BETA version, it crashes all the time!

Thanks!

Avarian

Bring Out Your Dead!
Best answers
Reaction score
The last stat I heard was that 1/3 of the worlds computers still run XP, which is down from 1/2 of all computers back in 2011.
Whether to support it or not is his decision I suppose, but Microsoft will officially stop supporting it April 8, 2014.

I plan on using XP right up until that day unless I cave in and buy a new laptop/desktop, which isn't likely as I don't computer game or program anymore.

ntmr

hi!
Best answers
Reaction score
FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T RUN THE EDITOR ON WINDOWS XP:

Just remove WSOCK32.dll from the RME program files folder and launch it directly from the EXE (or create a new shortcut).

Last edited:

macedoon

ups & downs
Premium User
Best answers
Reaction score
Yeah, that auto-bordering and auto-walling stuff is from using extensions, I just made additions to walls.xml.
In other words, I don't have the automatic wall thing, but rather a more organized wall pallete.

If I can figure out where the extensions for 2.2 is located, I can work on them.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, I found the extensions; it's located in your AppData\Roaming folders.
Didn't quite understand that, hope this helps:
C:\Users\Martin\AppData\Roaming\Remere's Map Editor\extensions

Fady

Anderion.net
Best answers
Reaction score
I don't know if i can suggest something here but here we go, I suggest to add a new button works only for teleports which is 'Paste Position' this will paste any position you copied by 'copy position'.
Example: I went to Position: [X: 1000] [Y: 1000] [Z: 7] and clicked on 'copy position' then went to a magic forcefield and clicked on 'Paste Position' then I check its properties and I'll find Position: [X: 1000] [Y: 1000] [Z: 7].
tbh my knowledge at c++ is poor so I can't do it :Z, maybe remere can and add it in the next version since it will make teleports much easier to be added.

Pepe Bash

Intermediate OT User
Best answers
Reaction score
FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T RUN THE EDITOR ON WINDOWS XP:

Just remove WSOCK32.dll from the RME program files folder and launch it directly from the EXE (or create a new shortcut).
Yeah ntmr Fixed bug Remove dll WSOCK32.dl ;D!

dgprado

Best answers
Reaction score
What so special has this data pack ?

ps: I really just want to know what special have this, i am not being ironic.

OP
Evan

Evan

A splendid one to behold
Premium User
Best answers
Reaction score
This isn't a data pack.
This is RME 2.2. Ironic?
Come back when you're sober.