• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Rookgaardia - Finding my way back into OTS Development

Matti96

Abyss
Reaction score
Rookgaardia - OTS Development

Click here for the website

Foreword
First of all, welcome to my thread! It's been a while since I've been developing Open Tibia Servers. Some of you might remember me from a 7.6 OT named "Cafe OTS" which I relaunched. It had about 20-30 players online which was pretty awesome for me as a noobie developer back then. It's also kinda much for a 7.6 Open Tibia Server. I hosted it (like almost 50% of the servers back then) on my laptop and without wanting any donations. It was rare to find donations when I started hosting my first server.

Why am I getting back into development?
I'll start with the main reasons:
  • I'm mature now (finally haha)
  • I think that a fresh face might bring fresh ideas and inspire others
  • I also want to show people that "Download & Run" servers aren't the best choice
Other reasons are:
  • I'm bored of the small selection of RPG styled servers
  • I want to learn more about developing professional servers
  • I'm interested in development generally

What kind of server will I develop?

Since I will try to do almost everything of my own I won't start from scratch since I also have to handle real life stuff. I'll work on a rook server. But not a simple one. I'll add custom stuff, edit NPC's and add some more features which I will inform you about in the future. I promise that I will maintain the typical rook feeling. This server will (hopefully) become a mixture of Rookgaard & RPG.

Will I put it online?
Since I'm still going to school I will try my best to afford a root server as soon as possible. But the release date will be probably in September. I'll try to start a Beta in August. But there is no reason to rush since I want to create something unique.

Screenshots?
I'll upload some in the next days since I haven't done anything special yet and I think that everyone has seen rook at least once in their life. But in case you didn't here is the map:

1_Mapa_Rookgaardu.jpg

If you came this far you're probably bored or interested in this project. I know that you might question my capability, but I think that everyone started as a beginner. Thank you for reading and I hope that you'll follow this thread. I'll keep it updated.

Kind Regards,

Abyss.

And a special thanks to @HalfAway for hosting this project.

Last edited:
A new rotworm cave. The cave will look better later I just made it so I can test some scripting stuff.

Almost every NPC will have a task.

I. News - The concept:
So I already started working on it. I did some random stuff to inspire myself. For now I have some ideas I would like to share with you:

Basic information about the server:
  • Experience rate: low stages or 3 - 5x experience
  • PVP-mode: Normal PVP
  • Protection level: 8
  • Skill rate: 4x
  • Magic rate: 2x
  • Loot rate: 2x
  • Offline Trainers: optional (not sure about it yet) The skill rate will be 1x or 0.5x
  • Guilds: From level 25+
  • Houses: From level 25+
  • Depot: Yes
  • New cities: Maybe one new city in a frost region and one new city in a desert region
  • New islands: Frost, desert & secret island
  • Addons: Yes (Obtainable from Quests or Tasks)
  • Free Premium: Yes, there won't be any Donations as long as my host is getting sponsored.
  • Client: Probably 10.41 (Antibot Client)
  • Custom Items or Monsters: The items will be adjusted to balance the vocations but I'll keep the Rookgaard spirit. New bosses!
  • New Features: Hell yes! I'll keep it secret for now

Vocations:
Y
ou start with level 1. There will be a vocation and it's name will probably be "Rookstayer". But what are it's special abilities?

Rookstayer:
Skilling: You're skilling slightly faster then without any vocation.
HP & Mana gain: When you level up you get some more HP & Mana then without any vocation.
Spells: You can use basic spells such as: exura, exani tera, utevo lux, utani hur, etc.
Starting EQ:

As soon as you level up to a certain level you can't choose a vocation. But there will be probably four guilds:

- The Sorcerer Guild - The Druid Guild - The Knight Guild - The Paladin Guild -

You will be able to join one of these Guilds as soon as you reach a certain level (which I'm not sure about yet but it'll probably be something between level 20 and 50). It's basically the same as you know from normal Tibia. But still there will be some more features for every guild which will make them special. There will also be certain tasks & quests you'll be only able to do if you join one of these guilds. I think that the special thing about rook is that it's not that easy to level up quick and that there are no vocations. But to have some variety I will still add balanced vocations.

There might be changes!

Stay tuned for more information!

Last edited:
II. News - Getting started
First of all, a special thanks to @HalfAway 's free hosting service for supporting this server. You can find more information about his hosting service here:

Click here!

The ip & website is: rookgaardia.************

All NPC's have been added yet but aren't working properly. The next thing I will do is edit the map. If you find any bugs please report them in the Forum.

Remember! This is not the final release! It's a preview so you can see the changes.Also I don't want any donations. I do this for fun. So enjoy your stay as far as you can.

Kind regards,

Abyss

looks cool, but sadly enough this is in the wrong section... You should ask a mod to move it to discussion!

always nice to see a new face (old new face ^^) in developing and @HalfAway is recommended <3

good luck!

looks cool, but sadly enough this is in the wrong section... You should ask a mod to move it to discussion!

always nice to see a new face (old new face ^^) in developing and @HalfAway is recommended <3

good luck!

Thank you! And yes I can recommend it too. Will ask a mod asap.

I am looking for a mapper to help me: Click here

Today we have worked on some things:

• "Character could not be loaded bug" has been fixed
  • Started working on the first NPC "Cipfried"
  • We have also started to work on the Map our new Mapper "Pentagon" is working on the map. If he keeps the work up he'll become an official part of our Team
Kind Regards,

Abyss.

Last edited:
Hey!

I would like you to welcome our new Mapper: @Jacobs ! You can check out his mapping thread here: here

I would also like to thank him and @HalfAway for helping me this much with the server. I think we are making progress faster then I thought in the beginning!

Kind Regards,

Abyss

Why are you starting them off with the best rook weap with the worst rook eq? o.o
Once my other compy gets fixed tho, I'd be glad to help map stuff.

Last edited:
Why are you starting them off with the best rook weap with the worst rook eq? o.o
Once my other compy gets fixed tho, I'd be glad to help map stuff.

At first, the best Rook weapon is a Katana. I think that a mace is the perfect weapon to get started, it's not too strong and not too weak. If you have any suggestions you can tell me. Also, there are tasks for beginners that need a stronger weapon than a club or something. This isn't the final release of the server so there might be changes.
I'm thankful for any help I can get. Just PM me :)

At first, the best Rook weapon is a Katana. I think that a mace is the perfect weapon to get started, it's not too strong and not too weak. If you have any suggestions you can tell me. Also, there are tasks for beginners that need a stronger weapon than a club or something. This isn't the final release of the server so there might be changes.
I'm thankful for any help I can get. Just PM me :)
mace and katana have the same atk :p

Back