• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Shadow Server Mapping Thread

TheNubCake

Noob
Reaction score
Shadow Server

*Server Information*

Shadow Server will be a fully custom RPG map, with fully custom vocations , and custom sprites. I am hoping it will get big by the time we are finished, It will take a few months to get this ot up due to just now starting the project. I will be recruiting mappers to help me complete the full first continent before actually putting it through beta.

*Side Info*
Client : Not Decided
Exp Rate: Not Decided
Skill Rate: Not Decided
Magic Rate: Not Decided
Yours Truly,
The Nub Cake
(Project Founder)
grey_smoke_divider_by_toxicestea-d4fsna7.png

*Crew Members*

Mappers:
_________​
The Nub Cake
Searching

Lua Scripters:
_________​
Ruggedmage

Web Designers / Developers:
_________​
Searching

Spriters:
_________​
Reassembled
Searching

Hoster:
_________​
Searching

grey_smoke_divider_by_toxicestea-d4fsna7.png
*Pictures*

Thanks to Ruggedmage for helping me map this spawn.
Frost Dragons
(RME New View)
lrCnu.png

(Ingame View)
Strange! Me and my friend were exploring and found a man frozen!

zOMRa.png

~Shadow Server Quest~ Will include much more, this is just the screenshot of the final room.. will be one of the toughest quests in Shadow Server.
(RME New View)
8BTQQ.png

(Ingame View)
LkeUe.png

~More To Come~

Last edited:
So you are starting to map but have no clue what the client version will be? o-O

Was my post deleted or smth? :O
Or did I just forget to click "post"? Lolz..

Anyhow, I believe that you should fix that quest up quite severely since the toughest quest on a OT has to be the most epic one which means:
Immensly well detailed and well scripted =D
Not plain like it is now..
Tips: Make it more narrow, it's way to open right now. Add a Boss?/Another floor with the boss/2-8 tiles which leads to a quest where you have to fight the boss to continue on? I dunno, do it your way, these are just some tips to make it more interesting.

Frost Dragons looks okay, got no complaints there except to remove the rock that will be right in ur face when u go down the stairs >:
And perhaps removal of the igloo.. since they normally wouldnt need a igloo INSIDE a cave to protect them from hazardous winds, eh? :p
--
I agree with prest, why don't you go ahead and decide the Rates and what client it should be before starting to map :p

Anyhow..
Good luck with your project and I hope it will become better with time and effort.
And it's great that it's a completely custom map, cuz rl maps just HAVE TO GTFO.. >_<
Take Care

Was my post deleted or smth? :O
Or did I just forget to click "post"? Lolz..

Don't see any deleted posts so it must have been you :)

@thread: You can do better, I only wish that you would show ingame pictures a lot more.

"What is coming?!?!?!?!"
Probably an ugly sprited monster, would fit the mapping.
I strongly suggest not using autoborder. And if you don't, stop making it look like it!
Get to know the RAW borders, get to used to working with them and you'll see how the results come out.

Should be like this, :D

Client : 9.40
Exp Rate: x4-5
Skill Rate: x5
Magic Rate: x3

And btw.. If You need a mapper, msg me :p I'm mapping for fun! :D

Back