• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Short Alpha Footage Videos - Platforming and Campfires 2.0 (2/21/2015)

Flatlander

Species Developer
Solutions
Reaction score
I felt it would be good to start the new years showing off what I have been working on most of 2014.

Remember this is EARLY ALPHA FOOTAGE, by no means is this a finished product.

So here it is! Early Alpha Footage: (12/31/2015)

Today (1/1/2015) I decided to explain Shielding!

Today (1/2/2015) I decided to explain the new Health bar!

Today (1/3/2015) I decided to explain the Chain Casting System!

Today! (2/21/2015) I thought I would show off some Platforming ideas and the new campfire version 2.0!

Let me know what you think!

Last edited:
Looks really amazing.
I wish the texts would be easier to read though.

Looks really amazing.
I wish the texts would be easier to read though.

Maybe I can somehow let people choose their fonts and fontsize.

It's also semi-bad video quality.

I was refering to the video quality which makes it hard for me to read some texts, I guess it is totally fine ingame.

I was refering to the video quality which makes it hard for me to read some texts, I guess it is totally fine ingame.

Yea the video quality is bad, it's because I recorded it in semi-bad quality, then youtube always messes with it a little.

Next video I make i'll make sure it's recorded in native 1080p.

What are those red areas? Attack areas so you can dodge skills or something? I didn't really get it... But it looks amazing!

What are those red areas? Attack areas so you can dodge skills or something? I didn't really get it... But it looks amazing!
It is exactly as you thought, I will make videos later explaining different mechanics. (Maybe I'll release a new video each day to keep this thread going)

But yes, I noticed while playing tibia that, you cannot "dodge" anything really. I wanted skill-based combat, so I added in a delay to most high-damage monster-spells, and most high-damage player spells, this way you can dodge, or counter with a spell of your own (magic wall to block, or a barrier, or stun the caster before he casts the spell, etc)

It makes combat much more fun, because you don't just turn on Auto-Follow and smash F1-F12 until a creature dies.

It is exactly as you thought, I will make videos later explaining different mechanics. (Maybe I'll release a new video each day to keep this thread going)

But yes, I noticed while playing tibia that, you cannot "dodge" anything really. I wanted skill-based combat, so I added in a delay to most high-damage monster-spells, and most high-damage player spells, this way you can dodge, or counter with a spell of your own (magic wall to block, or a barrier, or stun the caster before he casts the spell, etc)

It makes combat much more fun, because you don't just turn on Auto-Follow and smash F1-F12 until a creature dies.
I really loved that feature, but I think that the delay is really long after the red effect goes off.

Keep going!

I really loved that feature, but I think that the delay is really long after the red effect goes off.

Keep going!

Well these are the first monsters I have made, and I want them to be relatively easy so people can get used to dodging monster abilities.

Later on I can make monsters with much more unfair abilities and cast times, but there needs to be a ramp of difficulty for new players to get used to all the new mechanics.

Haha I knew you would like it Zasranets. The more custom something is, the happier you are.
I guess you can say that haha.
But the real reason is that all of your work is awesome :D
There has not been 1 server of yours I haven't liked.
Even though you never finish them haha.
Too bad it's only Alpha I want more!

I guess you can say that haha.
But the real reason is that all of your work is awesome :D
There has not been 1 server of yours I haven't liked.
Even though you never finish them haha.
Too bad it's only Alpha I want more!

Yep, I can't wait till it is ready either.

I am basically making the game I would want to play. Which is great motivation.
All monsters have their own AI (only 4 monsters made so far and even those aren't perfect yet).

It will take time, but it will be so much fun once I can open it up to the public and see how many people are up for the challenge.

I really liked it :) Excited to play :D

The red attack area is Hella awesome, I'm guessing there are attacks in pvp that work the same way? That's great, so is the idea for the shielding bar, AMAZING concept

The red attack area is Hella awesome, I'm guessing there are attacks in pvp that work the same way? That's great, so is the idea for the shielding bar, AMAZING concept

The attacks are planned to work similar in PvP. Though I am thinking I may not show them unless you have battle signs. (So a player's first attack can kind of be a sneaky)

I haven't really tested PvP much yet, I want to make sure PvE is fun first :)

About time someone did some changes to shielding, what you've done is incredible!
For once shielding and shields will actually matter!
With this one aspect alone PvE and PvP will be a lot more unique :)
Not to mention the revive system seems pretty awesome.
I can just imagine an execution right now, you just killed someone and then finish them off by channeling a final blow through the heart xD

Back