• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Short Alpha Footage Videos - Platforming and Campfires 2.0 (2/21/2015)

Looks fantastic man. You're taking tib to unprecedented levels and I can't wait to see what this turns into

This looks sick. Just a shame all the "custom evo" masses of ppl will think its way too hard to play and that's a large part of the player base right now sadly...
However I don't doubt it will still attract all the players that love custom ots, when it finishes :|

This looks sick. Just a shame all the "custom evo" masses of ppl will think its way too hard to play and that's a large part of the player base right now sadly...
However I don't doubt it will still attract all the players that love custom ots, when it finishes :|

I'm not worried about players.
I would rather make the server I want to make, than make the server other people want me to make.
And if people end up liking it, that's just a bonus.

Who cares! If they want to play some boring Evo servers they're free to do so, their loss. I don't mind if there is a small player basis, at least it'll be a pretty cool community that actually appropriates the work some people put into making a nice custom server :p even if I was the only one playing I would still have fun :)
The only REAL problem I see is Flatlander actually finishing a server haha.

Yeah flat, that's how servers should be developed, but I can't deny that servers become more fun the more people play it, even though it may be awesome alone, its gonna be even better with other players!
And I can't deny people will love this either :p

It's sad not many people share the same passion as Flatlander. Let alone people who will enjoy the fruits of his labor.

Should be fun once he gets around to the actual content and finishes all the system designs.

Today (1/2/2015) I decided to explain the new Health bar!

Let me know what you think!

I really like all the changes that you are making about the combat, making fights more skill-based.
But I never understood your line of sight feature (Or something like that? Sorry for my bad english) and with this last video I'm even more lost about it.. Can you explain a little bit why monsters dissapear and reappear sometimes?

I really like all the changes that you are making about the combat, making fights more skill-based.
But I never understood your line of sight feature (Or something like that? Sorry for my bad english) and with this last video I'm even more lost about it.. Can you explain a little bit why monsters dissapear and reappear sometimes?

It isn't perfected yet, but basically if you cannot see a monster (they are on the other side of a wall, or over the edge of the ship) then you won't be able to see them.

I can see what you mean by they are disappearing in weird spots. It's because the way the server detects if sight is clear when you aren't on the same floor is bad. (I will have to re-do isSightClear for when you are on seperate floors).

If you are on the same floor it works perfectly though.

I also plan to add "fog of war" style darkness to tiles you cannot see, so it looks better, but till then it's going to look a little weird.

I didn't follow the third video, i was too much laughing about the appearing and dissapearing hyenas etc. and random magiceffects.. It looks funny as hell XD

but this gonna be awesome :D

This is just awesome.
About how much do you think it's done right now?

This is amazing, I wish i had the time to sit down and learn lua because it would be awesome see this happen and i wish i could help. I'm very impressed with everything you've done so far and cant wait to actually test some of the features you've made for your server and client, have you considered flying mounts at all? I saw a pokemon mod for tibia and in it people could mount charizards and move up and down elevations freely and fly over things. would probably need to be set to where they cant be mounted from underground. Anyways, all of your work is amazing to me and I created an account just so I could watch your progress through this. most of these changes are things that I've wanted to see in tibia for myself for a very long time and I cant wait to actually see them happen. great work!

This is amazing, I wish i had the time to sit down and learn lua because it would be awesome see this happen and i wish i could help. I'm very impressed with everything you've done so far and cant wait to actually test some of the features you've made for your server and client, have you considered flying mounts at all? I saw a pokemon mod for tibia and in it people could mount charizards and move up and down elevations freely and fly over things. would probably need to be set to where they cant be mounted from underground. Anyways, all of your work is amazing to me and I created an account just so I could watch your progress through this. most of these changes are things that I've wanted to see in tibia for myself for a very long time and I cant wait to actually see them happen. great work!

Flying is something I have looked into.
The way the pokemon servers work is "cheating" the tfs system, and I always make things the "right" way.

I haven't worked on Mounts for my server at all yet, I plan to completely re-do mounts. But I'm not ready to show that off yet :)

Looks good. So for shielding bar, if the guy hits 100, when it takes the 100 out of your shielding bar (if you have it) do you neglect ALL the damage while you still have the shielding numbers? Or do you just take less damage? Cause it's showing the 100 still, but I can't tell if you're losing hp or not.

Looks good. So for shielding bar, if the guy hits 100, when it takes the 100 out of your shielding bar (if you have it) do you neglect ALL the damage while you still have the shielding numbers? Or do you just take less damage? Cause it's showing the 100 still, but I can't tell if you're losing hp or not.

You can only block up to how much defense you have.

So for example if you have a shield with 35 defense, you can block 35 damage max per hit (on full attack).

Stances multiply your defense as follows:
Full Attack: 1x defense
Balanced Attack: 1.5x defense
Full Defense: 2x defense

Hope that helps!

Back