• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Species War - Colony (Coming Soon) **Updated 8/6**

What will happen if other races will be a lot more populated than others, for example say there's like 30 orcs and like 5 humans, people will wanna join the race with more people which means no one will wanna join humans and it will be a mess. Will different races have certain benefits or if it's simply just a way to divide up people? What kind of system do you have planned for people who will feed kills to friend and cheat?

What will happen if other races will be a lot more populated than others, for example say there's like 30 orcs and like 5 humans, people will wanna join the race with more people which means no one will wanna join humans and it will be a mess. Will different races have certain benefits or if it's simply just a way to divide up people? What kind of system do you have planned for people who will feed kills to friend and cheat?

Hi Zasranets!
There will be Race balancing. If there are 30 orcs and 5 humans, the 5 humans will be slightly buffed, (movement speed, damage, and max health/mana bonus)
Races will have differences (i'll release more information on this later)

I have always had pretty good Anti-Cheat detection scripts, but of course I can't explain them as this would be tipping my hat to the cheaters.

Sounds good Flat! Got one more question, what are the spells like? is it mostly auto target, skill shots, aoe? etc...or it is a mix between them all?

Right now I have 3 vocations built off of Real Life Tibia PvP and 1 Vocation I'm building as a test.
Each Vocation gets 4 ability spells:
Ability 1 - Single Target
Ability 2 - Directional/Self Target
Ability 3 - Buff
Ultimate - Unique
For Example:
Knight: 1 = Whirlwind Throw, 2 = Berserk, 3 = Blood Rage
Archer 1 = Ethereal Spear, 2 = Volley, 3 = Sharpshooter
Mage 1 = Sudden Death, 2 = Energy Wave, 3 = Summon Fire Elemental

(Ultimate will change depending on Race/Vocation)
Everyone will also have a Heal/Haste/Find Person/UH Rune/Magic Wall/Thunderstorm/Sneaky Stabber of Eliteness/Health and Mana Potions.

Also some Equipment will have Activated Abilities.

Right now I have 3 vocations built off of Real Life Tibia PvP and 1 Vocation I'm building as a test.
Each Vocation gets 4 ability spells:
Ability 1 - Single Target
Ability 2 - Directional/Self Target
Ability 3 - Buff
Ultimate - Unique
For Example:
Knight: 1 = Whirlwind Throw, 2 = Berserk, 3 = Blood Rage
Archer 1 = Ethereal Spear, 2 = Volley, 3 = Sharpshooter
Mage 1 = Sudden Death, 2 = Energy Wave, 3 = Summon Fire Elemental

(Ultimate will change depending on Race/Vocation)
Everyone will also have a Heal/Haste/Find Person/UH Rune/Magic Wall/Thunderstorm/Sneaky Stabber of Eliteness/Health and Mana Potions.

Also some Equipment will have Activated Abilities.

im looking foward to it

Vocation Changing

Today is a new day! (7/31) so I will release details on a new feature.

Vocation Changing
There will be levers in the Shop to change vocation.
This is being done for many reasons including:
  1. You can level up one character and if you get bored, switch vocations without losing your progress
  2. New vocations will be released later, so you can play them without having to start from level 1
  3. If your team is lacking a certain Vocation (Healer, Tank, Engineer, etc) then you can switch and fill that role
  4. And the main reason! You don't have to fill up your character list with 4 vocations for 4 races = 16 characters = crazy

The entire game is being changed so that Vocation Switching is fun and works well.
First of all.
We are eliminating Skills and Magic Level, and replacing them with Ability Damage and Weapon Damage.
This means if you are a Archer and get a ton of Weapon Damage equipment, then switch to a Warrior or Mage, your Weapon Damage on those Vocations will still be increased. (Cool huh?)

Everything will be done by Percents (%).
For example:
Lets say "Tanky Armor of Tankiness" gives higher max health. Then instead of giving +100 max health, it would give +10%.
Mages would have 600(+60) health, Archers 800(+80), Warriors 1000(+100) at level 1.
This is done so Mages can't out-tank Warriors (Balanced PvP means good PvP)

There will be Leaderboards, for each vocation. So if you want to be the best Mage, you still can. But it won't be determined by level, or money, it will be determined by how good you are.
Kings killed, Guard Captains Defeated, Outposts Taken, Players Killed, Monsters Defeated, etc will all be kept track of on each vocation separately.

Let me know if you have any questions or simply like the Vocation Switching. I am actually really excited about this feature :).

I'll surely give it a try, since you have some nice and unique ideas. :p I'm a bit afraid of having only 4 spells each voc.

I'll surely give it a try, since you have some nice and unique ideas. :p I'm a bit afraid of having only 4 spells each voc.

I chose 4 because I couldn't even think of more than 4 spells for each vocation that you actually use in Real Life Tibia PvP.
Knight - Whirlwind Throw, Berserk, Blood Rage, Fierce Berserk
Druid/Sorc - Sudden Death, Energy Wave, Summon Fire elemental, Ultimate Explosion(Hell's Core)
Paladin - Ethereal Spear, Sharpshooter, Divine Strike, Divine Caldera

Plus i'm giving every vocation the following:
Spells:
Heal - Haste - Find Person - Levitate -
Runes:
Thunderstorm Rune - Magic Wall Rune - Ultimate Healing Rune -
Potions:
Health Potion - Mana Potion

The only thing really missing is Soulfire and Firebomb but I left those out on purpose.

species ot :O sup flat, Balls here, the kid with the squeaky ass voice in vent when we played haha (hopefully u remember).
damn bro i hope this works out well , cant wait to play!!
if you need a tester let me know!

will you get to create your own character or is it more of a 1/1 shit i kinda guessed we can create our own but better to ask right?

great project either way ill try it out for sure:D

will you get to create your own character or is it more of a 1/1 shit i kinda guessed we can create our own but better to ask right?

great project either way ill try it out for sure:D

Yes you get your own account and can make your characters. That's the only way to have good progression and keep track of your stats and have good anti-cheat.

- - - Updated - - -

New Day, New Details!

Today is the Level Based Stat System

Most war servers have a Fatal Balancing Flaw and it is called Leveling.
Lets say you start at level 100, sooner or later someone is going to be 200.
The level 200 has almost TWICE the HP and Mana of the level 100, plus tons more damage and movement speed.
Basically the new players have no chance until they catch up.

Species Colony fixes this with a Level-Based Stat System.
Now lets say you start at level 100, sooner or later someone is going to be level 200.
But! You do NOT gain HP/Mana/Damage per level on Species Colony.
You gain Stat Points (one per level) that you can use to strengthen your character.
The choices currently are (And these may change before release)
  • +2% Max Health
  • +2% Max Mana
  • +2% Weapon Damage
  • +2% Ability Damage
  • +2% Healing Power
  • +2% Base Speed

To keep you from getting TOO powerful each time you spend a point, the next one will cost 1 more point.
Meaning instead of costing 5 levels to get +10% max health it will cost 15 levels (5+4+3+2+1=15)
But if you went for 12% max health it would cost 20 (5+5+4+3+2+1) because 5 is the max price.
This means at level 200 instead of having nearly double hp (200%), they would have 152%. And that is IF they spent every point on Max Health.

This introduces a new fun way to customize your character (giving you an edge in battle), but also gives new players a better experience when they first start the server.

Let me know if you have any questions on the Stat Based Level System or if you like it :).

SO much getting done this weekend, I'll have a youtube video showing off a bit of what is ready later today or tomorrow.

SO much getting done this weekend, I'll have a youtube video showing off a bit of what is ready later today or tomorrow.

Got worried didn't hear an update from you in a couple days. Look forward to seeing the new updates.

Race-Based Missions

Hi guys! It's been 4 days since my last update. My weekends are crazy so I didn't come give you guys an update.

The good news is, a lot of that time was spent working on Species.

Today I will go over the Race-Based Missions:
Each base will have a Commander. This NPC will be in charge of giving you missions.
They will be divided into 3 modes:
Solo Missions:
These missions gives the reward to 1 player.
Enemies that see you will know that you are on a mission.

Squad Missions:
These missions requires a party of 3-5 players and all party members are rewarded.
Enemies will be alerted when you are about to complete your mission (They will be rewarded if they stop you)

Army Missions:
These missions are insanely hard and require your entire team to complete. (10+ players MINIMUM)
Enemies will be alerted when you start the mission, and will be able to defend the objective and stop you from completing.

Each mission will have a time limit. If you do not complete the mission in time your character dies.

Example Missions:
(Solo) - (Any Minotaur that sees you will know you are on a mission, and will be rewarded for killing you)
You must sneak into the Minotaur Outpost and poison their food supplies.
(Group) - (Minotaurs that see you will know you are on a mission, and once you steal the sword all Minotaurs will be notified and told to stop you)
You must fight your way into the Minotaur Base and steal their new Sword Prototype.
(Army) - (All Minotaurs will be alerted you are on a mission when it starts, they will be rewarded if they stop you from succeeding)
You must construct and defend catapults outside of Minotaur Base for 10 minutes. (NPC Engineers will be sent to construct the catapults, you will have to defend the engineers while they build, then defend the catapults while they destroy the base)

Any questions or feedback on this idea? Feel free to post!

PvE Buff Monsters

It is Tuesday! (3 days before release if everything goes as planned)

Time to release more details!

Today is all about PvE Monsters that will be introduced.

First of all, you may have noticed that the Human Team is no longer playable.
We have Dwarfs, Minotaurs, Elves, Orcs.

This is because Humans are known to be strongest of all races. They are smarter, have better technology, use stronger magic, are able to tame many creatures to use as mounts or summons.

So on Species Colony, the Human Team will be the PvE Team.
They will constantly try to enter the battlefield and set up bases, take over control points, and just cause chaos. They are always bringing more powerful magic, equipment, and creatures with them to help them take control of the island.

If you are able to defeat the Humans you gain a temporary buff.
When they show up, the human team will always bring something you can steal after defeating them. You can temporarily use whatever items, magic, or creatures they brought to help your team gain the upper hand.

I hope you guys are as excited about this server as I am :). (I will definitely be playing it along side you guys)

It is Tuesday! (3 days before release if everything goes as planned)

Time to release more details!

Today is all about PvE Monsters that will be introduced.

First of all, you may have noticed that the Human Team is no longer playable.
We have Dwarfs, Minotaurs, Elves, Orcs.

This is because Humans are known to be strongest of all races. They are smarter, have better technology, use stronger magic, are able to tame many creatures to use as mounts or summons.

So on Species Colony, the Human Team will be the PvE Team.
They will constantly try to enter the battlefield and set up bases, take over control points, and just cause chaos. They are always bringing more powerful magic, equipment, and creatures with them to help them take control of the island.

If you are able to defeat the Humans you gain a temporary buff.
When they show up, the human team will always bring something you can steal after defeating them. You can temporarily use whatever items, magic, or creatures they brought to help your team gain the upper hand.

I hope you guys are as excited about this server as I am :). (I will definitely be playing it along side you guys)

1 Word : AMAZING!!
the idea of the pve team just blew me away , can't wait to play this at the release

Back