• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Sprite Information about you

Daeron

Reaction score
Hi,

So I was going to do a sprite information thread to see how good people are. Why I do this? Is because I want to see how good you can be in time, and of course I want to start myself to spriting serious. So please if you have time please fill, I want to know how much time I need to be good spriter.

Write like this:

Name:
How long have you been spriting from start?:
How much time are you spriting in every day?:
How many times are you spriting in week?:
How to be a good spriter in your opinion?:
What tips you could give to a beginner?:
Picture of your work:

Thanks in advance

Name: Bruno Oliveira
How long have you been spriting from start: 7~8 years

How much time are you spriting in every day?: Between 3~10 hours

How many times are you spriting in week?: 7x3 ~ 7x10

How to be a good spriter in your opinion?: Practice, studying and learning new techniques. Ending the day better than the last day.

What tips you could give to a beginner?: Practice. Don't fix completely in a style, principally when you're learning because you need to be open minded to the others vision and expertise. Learn with other people, even the most novice can show interesting things.
Foccus on technique but don't forget your creativity.
EDIT: Be in an artist group, best way to trade knowledge/feedback.

Picture of your work: www.facebook.com/spriteartbrasil

Last edited:
Name: Raul Palma
How long have you been spriting from start?:
A little more than a year
How much time are you spriting in every day?:
Like 5 hours daily in this time
How many times are you spriting in week?:
almost every day
How to be a good spriter in your opinion?:
Practicing, the more you practice, the better you will be
What tips you could give to a beginner?:
If you like some sprite, open it and look at it closer, and see how it's made, see where the lights go, where the shades go. Also practice a lot, try to find some tutorials, they are also very helpful.
Picture of your work:
http://otland.net/threads/thorns-gallery.201757/

Name: (nick) Shikate
How long have you been spriting from start?: 4-5 years
How much time are you spriting in every day?: 0-8 hours (sometimes I do nothing for months, sometimes I work all day long)
How many times are you spriting in week?: When I want to sprite, I can work 7 days in a week.
How to be a good spriter in your opinion?: Don't compare yourself to others and don't think that you must become a good spriter. Just do what you have to do, and it will get better no matter what. The time is the most important. Also, to be really good spriter, you must know how to make everything, so if someone asks you about anything, you will do it. From my point of view there are two aspects of spriting: style and technique. We've all got our own style. It can evolve and even some people can operate with many styles. Technique is something which requires time. We learn it over time and it makes our pixels look good. Anyways, only a good compilation of style and technique is important to the clients.
What tips you could give to a beginner?: As I stated before - don't compare yourself to the rest unless it gives you motivation. I knew a few pixelartists who wanted to compare themselves to more experienced guys and they ended up with complexes. Just do your best - forget the rest. Also, be sure to notice what are you best at. Is it lineart, shading, architecture, outfits, monsters, items? Be sure to notice it as fast as possible and train it, so you will have a chance to become the best spriter ever at architecture (for example).
Picture of your work:
Barbarian.png
Work_topic.png
Wojownik_i_rycerz.png
Paladin.png
ukj.gif
Lot_feniksa.gif
Piorun.gif

Those sprites are mostly for my project or for spyk3z.

Last edited:
Above^ thank you for your information and useful tips!

<Bump> for more spriters^^

Back