• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Sprite Question

Hrsha

Reaction score
Hello everybody

How could i make custom monster?
Is it the same way as items ?

it looks scary since i have fount on my .spr file
more than 40 pic of one monster
so is it the same way which i should follow ?

thanks / rep+

No completely different concept to items. 1 being the perspective. My advice start with editing tibia sprites.

Secondly, 40 shots of one monster? Lol.. Addons maybe? Or something slightly different on it? Otherwise 40 must be an exaggeration.

so what does this pic means ?
i just want make new monster so how many pic i need to insert it into sprites?
157g7j9.jpg

it split it into 32x32 parts, and demon is big, taking 4 sqm, so 4 sqm each direction + walk movement = alot of sprites

Standard sprite size (tile of tibia size) is 32x32. A monster as big as a demon is 64x64. It is 4 32x32 splits of an image. Scripted to be solid on the bottom right square and the remaining are not solid. i.e. you can walk behind it etc.

A standard monster sprite such as a ghoul is 32x32 therefore shrinking the amount of images needed.

Tibia's perspective is very hard to get used to, and i would advise to start from editing an already made tibia sprite as it is very difficult to keep perspective correct. This is because ingame they look fine and normal. Yet on a graphic program i.e. PS or Paint.net they are tilted at an angle of about 45 degrees and tilted/twisted slightly.

Starting from scratch with no experience in monster outlining will be a lost cause. I tried it. I failed.
I have been spriting since january (items) and attempted monsters a few times and i was advised to start from editing already existing sprites until i master the perspective so to speak. And it is helping! So i suggest you try also!

You can always do 1 side (south facing/non-walking) sprite. I.e. facing you standing still. And see how it looks. This will be the base sprite and you can do the remaining viewpoints at the end. Also remember, i think the south facing is the west facing sprite at another angle and the north the east. So really you would only have to do half the designs and then just rotate them.

Good luck
& kind regards

it split it into 32x32 parts, and demon is big, taking 4 sqm, so 4 sqm each direction + walk movement = alot of sprites

Standard sprite size (tile of tibia size) is 32x32. A monster as big as a demon is 64x64. It is 4 32x32 splits of an image. Scripted to be solid on the bottom right square and the remaining are not solid. i.e. you can walk behind it etc.

A standard monster sprite such as a ghoul is 32x32 therefore shrinking the amount of images needed.

Tibia's perspective is very hard to get used to, and i would advise to start from editing an already made tibia sprite as it is very difficult to keep perspective correct. This is because ingame they look fine and normal. Yet on a graphic program i.e. PS or Paint.net they are tilted at an angle of about 45 degrees and tilted/twisted slightly.

Starting from scratch with no experience in monster outlining will be a lost cause. I tried it. I failed.
I have been spriting since january (items) and attempted monsters a few times and i was advised to start from editing already existing sprites until i master the perspective so to speak. And it is helping! So i suggest you try also!

You can always do 1 side (south facing/non-walking) sprite. I.e. facing you standing still. And see how it looks. This will be the base sprite and you can do the remaining viewpoints at the end. Also remember, i think the south facing is the west facing sprite at another angle and the north the east. So really you would only have to do half the designs and then just rotate them.

Good luck
& kind regards

Thanks for advices -- rep done ;) -- so i can start with simple monsters
like changing colors of existed monsters etc

is there any sprites of existed custom monsters which i can use?

is it the same way which i follow to creat custom item?
meaning when i add 4 sprites of the 4 direction of monster
then i add each of 4 images as monster? or what is the next step?
they does not exist in item.otb right ?

excuse my stupid because today is the first time to sprite items

hmm not sure i follow.. I think i might.. Anyway if what you want is to know what to do with the monster, then there are 4 standing directions and 4 walking directions. Afaik. (i have a feeling it is 2 walking animations for each direction but not sure. Since i have stuck to items mainily.

Once you have done the directions of the monster (walking and standing) you will compile them into your spr within the editor. Tho in the dat it would need to be edited. Idk how since i have not compiled a monster as of yet. So i guess there is a way to link them together within the dat editor. try looking for tutorials. Tho i only know of those for item compiling on here.

This is where google is your friend i guess.

Sorry i can't be of more help,
regards

is there any sprites of existed custom monsters which i can use?

if you want, you can see this pack I uploaded: http://otland.net/f119/forgotten-sprites-160960/
It was tons of stuff, including some custom monsters(the Crashers look pretty cool!) and a few edits(Black/Ghost Demon, Black/Yellow Dragon, Equips, ...), it might be good for you to get some ideas ;)

if you want, you can see this pack I uploaded: http://otland.net/f119/forgotten-sprites-160960/
It was tons of stuff, including some custom monsters(the Crashers look pretty cool!) and a few edits(Black/Ghost Demon, Black/Yellow Dragon, Equips, ...), it might be good for you to get some ideas ;)

:eek: thanks they are so cool
but how i can put monsters into tibia.dat?
meaning how to link sprites of yellow dragon to tibia.dat to make it work .

that's kinda hard to explain here, if you want you can add me to MSN or Skype (both contacts on my profile) and I'll give u a step-by-step on how to do it when I can(in around 2 days or so) :)

that's kinda hard to explain here, if you want you can add me to MSN or Skype (both contacts on my profile) and I'll give u a step-by-step on how to do it when I can(in around 2 days or so) :)

:eek: that is too kind of u
gonna add u tomorrow cuz i feel sleeep it was hard day with drags lol

Back