• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

SQL database

Otfan125

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'll get to my question right away and attempt to make sense as much as possible

years ago, when i first started with OTs, i could easily access my character's information through SQLite, without having to use XAMPP or anything like that. this was back in tibia 7.92 or around there... I got a 7.72 server, and it compiled and everything, however it says FAILED TO CONNECT TO SQL SERVER 127.0.0.1

i know this is because i'm not running apache or sql, I wanted to know if there is a way i don't need to use xampp and instead of running apache, just use the old method of having a database file in my server directory and the server accessing it directly rather than trying to connect to the sql server 127.0.0.1?

thank you

It depends on the distribution you are using. Some support sqlite, some doesn't.
TFS 1.0+ distribution engine does not support sqlite database, so if you use a version like OTX 3 (which is based on TFS 1.0) compiled to client 7.72 then it won't work, you need mysql.

But if you use OTX 2 (based on TFS 0.3) compiled to client 7.72 then it should work: otxserver.s3db

Some distributions are also without in-game account managers, you would need a sqlite client to manage and add accounts and players.

Mysql is very much the norm today. If you cant stand XAMPP, check out Uniform Server.

Last edited:
Hey there Znote, really strange getting a reply from you, your like a celebrity around here
i've taken your advice and i took a look at the link you provided for me, and even managed to find the forum post about that distribution. It makes sense how newer versions of TFS use mysql instead of sqlite............... however, when I compiled the link you gave me, the 7_x version, It still gives me the same error, the "Cannot connect to MYSQL server at 127.0.0.1 (111)
this is the same error i would get on the newer distributions, and let me say that in the config.lua of the link you gave me, does specify that it uses sqlType = "sqlite"

So maybe I'm missing something here? The schemas are there and everything, however it still gives me the same error as before.

Thank you very much for your reply, it's extremely promising and nice to see that there are still a lot of developers willing to help !

Hmm, since I saw the otxserver.s3db sqlite flatfile I assumed otx 2 supported sqlite. But you have to check with the owner (perhaps post an issue on his github repo) regarding sqlite support. Maybe he can help you.

Back