• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Wallpaper Summit's Gallary

Summit

Reaction score
Gonna make a running gallary of stuff I make. Feel free to use them as a base for your own work, just don't copy/paste and claim (atleast have the dignity to crop it first ^_^). Critiques and requests are welcome.

Revy_black_and_white.png

muge.jpg

light_and_ryuk.jpg

The troll gets trolled. Guess it means I win. :D On a side note: it was hard to decided between this and diggy with a rocket pack.

pigi_pwns_diglett.png

A sig request on another board. Unfortunately I couldn't find a high quality stock image to work from but the requester seems to like it.

lousie_sig_request.jpg

Last edited:
Careful, the paint is still wet on this one.

cc_codegeass.jpg

This doesn't look good at all, and at most It's just a render placed on a large canvas with a background :/

Try making your own background :? even though these are probably yours, make something more simple :3

Also no need for a render to be that large, even on a canvas this size, way too much focal, a little smaller please

Actually its all brush work. Google gimp brushes. Theres a plethora of them, yes even swirly lines and flowers, I also have a set that looks like water drops.

I made the background by filling in a blank canvas with the rich pink, then used my cloud and texture brushes to place both lighter and darker colors. Used a large texture brush to smudge it then went back and added highlights to keep that rough texture look. The flowers and lines are a combo of brush packs.

Heres some brushes:

Edge Brushes � Free-Brushes.com - Free Photoshop, GIMP & Paint Shop Pro Brushes
Mixed Textures � Free-Brushes.com - Free Photoshop, GIMP & Paint Shop Pro Brushes
Splash & Water � Free-Brushes.com - Free Photoshop, GIMP & Paint Shop Pro Brushes
Clouds in the Sky � Free-Brushes.com - Free Photoshop, GIMP & Paint Shop Pro Brushes

Regrettably i cant find the link to the flower brush pack i used because it was in a tutorial on how to install brushes. That site should have plenty though.

Oh and heres the fractal I used:
http://s19.postimage.org/4og36mh03/4_3.png

On a side note what don't you like about it, specifically. Also if I made it small then it would stretch too far for anyone who tried to use it as a wall paper (i tried it). BTW, the background is chaotic because the Render I was using is very pronounced and giving the eye a reason to move away from it helps to hide that a bit. Keep in mind I DL'd gimp a week or less ago.

Edit:

This is why I used a larger render in this instance. If I'd used a smaller render then there would be far too much background which means it would look awkward with the specific render i was using. Following "Rule of thirds" would have put it on the bottum right. leaving a massive expance of nothing that draws too much attention from the render.

Untitled1.jpg

As you can see it puts a massive emptiness in the image. On the original the focal point is her face (slightly high and left), on the rescaled version the focal point would be smack in the middle with nothing to look at but the top of her head.

Last edited:
New one, Haruhi. Probably the last chick one I'm going to do for a while, unless requested of course.

haruhi.jpg

I knew the background was brushes, Anyway, these are wallpapers, I wouldn't say they're big enough, and, I know the render should be large, but even so, the color in this image just doesn't mix :/, theres no flow either >.<

Try an actual wallpaper size, and focus on some other effects perhaps, and don't just make the background brushes and a certain color :p

noctis.jpg

Before
hei_sig.jpg

After
hei_sig.jpg

No idea why "A wild thumbnail has appeared".

Attachments

Last edited:
Just google images. I never really know what I'm looking for so I never put much effort into finding a render site. Of course having to scale massive renders is a bit counter productive as well.

Sidenote: updated bottum sig in earlier post. The abstract brushes bring something new to the game.

Last edited:
Seems you like Anime so try Bakarenders.com :p scaling the renders doesn't take long, ctrl + t and hold shift and drag the corners :3 keeps it in proportion.

Some of the images are "out of focus". And I really don't like anime. Try something different than anime ;)

Some of the images are "out of focus". And I really don't like anime. Try something different than anime ;)

Looking for something particular? "Try somethng else" is a bit help vampireish. Remember, I take requests.

Summit, i appreciate your job...

But let me give u a tip.
dont use different quality images on the same wallpaper... it doesn't looks good :/

Back