• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden] Crying-Dog 7.4 Custom Client - Start 27th January

@ Ranyo: Realots is gonna be 7.7 not 7.4

@ond: I think a lot of players who played here were waiting for realots or original tibia to come out, so i think you will lose some off them...
its your own choice to put so much effort in it and its hard to see the future, maybe realots won't be such a big hit, maybe it will but a lot of players will definetly try it.
A reset isn't really needed here i think, maybe to attract some new people ,but you will lose some of the older people so reset if needed otherwise don't reset it.
i would personally set a minimum lvl to pvp, like lvl 20 or 15. to reduce the pking on lower lvls

btw really great map :)

I don't play here because I heard negative things about the server, and the low playerbase. If you want more people you should fix some things that the players complained about so they don't complain about them again and scare people from trying the server. Also advertise the server on more places. I heard the map is empty, that rly got me running :p

First off I am glad that many people have taken an interest in my server, thank you. Secondly, I don't know if it's worth it at the time to spend many hours to fix a new client when Alot of people will just join RealOTs in or less than 7 days. I can make it 7.72 and modify the client a little bit but I will need someone to test Black D and Tibiaauto for me. Also the server needs to be closed for a few days to remaking the map once again and also cover up the bugs that was found on the 7.4 map. And since there is barely anyone on the server, I might just listen to this thread. But of course I will also listen to the players that are not active here.

First question is, and please do answer in honest since it will take me several hours to fix it:
Is it worth changing the client due to the reason of realots.net is coming?
Second: Would a reset be needed? I am not sure if the database matches the 7.72 engine, and would you then be upset if I, in the end, would be forced to reset?
Third: Give me ideas of the PvP Formula/System to reduce random player killing in low levels and in general.
My own ideas would be PvP Only (not enforced), longer time to decrease frags and keep the 3/rs 6/ban formula.

Though I would really enjoy playing your server if it had more players, I won't lie, it's probably not worth the effort to work on it. Many players are awaiting RealOTs, including myself, but I will only play there if it lives up to my expectations, otherwise I would come back to an OT like yours. But you never know, there might still be a lot of people out there who aren't going to play realots and would happy to play your server once it's improved a little.

As for a reset, it was even my suggestion, despite the fact that I'm top 3 in exp and have a lot of other characters and items to lose. People simply like a fresh start, that's when the population boom happens. People don't like joining servers that already have 'high levels'.

Third, PvP only sounds fair. PvP-E doesn't make it any more interesting and it makes some idiots believe that just because it's pvp-e they should go around killing people randomly. They fail to realize that they gain nothing from it but only make players quit.

If you have time to spare - go ahead with it and work on an improved server, with the risk of having a low player-base again because of realots taking all the players. If not, wait for RealOTs to start and see how it goes from there, it could be a huge disaster for all we know and the oldschool community could remain free for the taking.

I don't know how to make it better. I can't make videos... and I made this thread a week before start so alot of people did see it coming but chose to play other servers since they were also opening.

Well I was going to play your server, but then I saw a post from you saying the server was not going to start...
Btw I dont know how is it now but I think many people wants to play in global map, u should think about it and keep working to make a good server, then wait till Realots/Mastercores ends so u come with more adversiments, movies etc.. If u want some help just pm me

in my oppinion you can't compare your server to Realots since it's entierly different servers.

Anyways, back to topic

i would say it's defenetly worth it.

Sure, Realots is comming out and people are super excited to play it!

When Tibianic came out everyone was hyped aswell, the server had about 300 players when it released!

If i'm not wrong Tibianic and Realots have approximitly the same experiance, and people quit Tibianic after about a month or two.

Who knows if Realots will live up to it's potential? I won't even play Realots because i don't have enough time or effort to put into such a server, and i'm probobly not the only one with that oppinion.

What i'm trying to say is that people who don't like to play servers like realots will still be playing your server.

Let's say it wont be a success. You'll still have a great oldschool server with a custom map that supports Direct X9/Open GL that you can host in the future.

Yours, Drinc.

Last edited:
in my oppinion you can't compare your server to Realots since it's entierly different servers.

Anyways, back to topic

i would say it's defenetly worth it.

Sure, Realots is comming out and people are super excited to play it!

When Tibianic came out everyone was hyped aswell, the server had about 300 players when it released!

If i'm not wrong Tibianic and Realots have approximitly the same experiance, and people quit Tibianic after about a month or two.

Who knows if Realots will live up to it's potential? I won't even play Realots because i don't have enough time or effort to put into such a server, and i'm probobly not the only one with that oppinion.

What i'm trying to say is that people who don't like to play servers like realots will still be playing your server.

Let's say it wont be a success. You'll still have a great oldschool server with a custom map that supports Direct X9/Open GL that you can host in the future.

Yours, Drinc.

I've never played RealOTs but from what I hear, we can't compare it with Tibianic. Tibianic had 200~ players for a very short time and died shortly after. On top of that, Tibianic has one of the worst staff I've ever seen. Iryont is either stupid or the most ignorant person in the entire OT community or just plain doesn't give half a fuck about his server.

I suggest waiting a little to see how RealOTs turns out, unless you're willing to take the risk of starting a server at such times. But my friends (about 9 of 'em) and I who made up a large portion of Crydog's community will surely try out RealOTs.

ond if i were you i would just keep it as it is don't waste to much hours in it cause ye realots is coming etc. so its just not the right time i guess

i think converting it to have dx9 would be worth it anyways for the future.

servers are always going up / failing & closing and a the majority of the time there is nothing to play for a some weeks until a new one pops up (for those who can only use dx9 anyway)

I don't play here because I heard negative things about the server, and the low playerbase. If you want more people you should fix some things that the players complained about so they don't complain about them again and scare people from trying the server. Also advertise the server on more places. I heard the map is empty, that rly got me running :p

dude you play'd a server like mastercores how can you complain that you won't play servers where you heard "negative"about. is it negative that this gm is hosting a greath rpg feeling ot? might have bugs but once you report them he will do everything for it to fix. haven't seen that on the most ots i play'd. i mean an active gm ofc wich is reasonable.

Iridian:
Latest Deaths
31st January 2012 20:38:33 Killed at level 81 by Keep Tryin
31st January 2012 20:34:24 Killed at level 81 by Mean Truthmachine

WAR STARTEEDDDDxd

ye turn of dash :)
Jaid died at level 68 by Iridian
Jaid died at level 66 by Iridian
Keep Tryin died at level 52 by Iridian
Mean Truthmachine died at level 56 by Iridian

alone vs 3dashers

you killed me when i was tired and just throwed everything in house and x logged same for mean truthmachine. i wasn't there with jaid. but once me and mean went on you, you kept on dieing and spammin us with bottersss. cause with your gfb gfb gfb gfb - ue you won't get far.

Ey why cant u open a war server like realisticwar and make donation weapons and stuff, then u will get money and we will get warm up for play your server.

Ey why cant u open a war server like realisticwar and make donation weapons and stuff, then u will get money and we will get warm up for play your server.

I could but I wont

Ond u should make some 7.72 and revamp it on 7.4 with real map and nice exp stages , fix parcel shit , uh traps.. With real map
You`ll own then!

I wont make real map, there are plenty of real maps out there. About the other - maybe but I'm going to wait for the bigger servers to come and see how they will turn out before I do anything

Yes, some polish fellow wanted free items and runes and if I didn't give him it he would flood me, and that's exactly what he did so I gave up

Back