• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden]GunCraft, 2D CS, Custom Oldschool style BETA 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunCraft

Reaction score
beta_001.png

Release date: Not set, but most likely around September when the new host-solution arrives
Fast info for lazy asses:
BETA update-log at bottom of this post!
Uptime: N/A (Depends on how BETA goes)
Client: Custom mixture
Hosted in: Sweden
Exp Info: Custom exp for levels
Type: PVP-Enforced + RPG
Map: Custom
Loot info: All loot of creatures are changed, so are the loot chance
Skill rate: can't compare to tibia.com

Little more detailed for people who like to read:
GunCraft is a pretty unusual 2D game, as you will understand once you try it.
GunCraft is inspiered by both Tibia and Counter Strike, as reasoning
"Why can't CS be a RPG game? why can't I get stronger and level up?",
and same against Tibia with
"Why can't we have a game, based on PVP, but it's up to each player if he wants to stay for the kills, or go out in dungeons and get stronger that way".

That's how GunCraft was started.
Today, it's a BETA game of what I hope would be a pretty funny and interesting game that many players will come to like.

Anyhow, Lets get to the point, the game, how to play it.

skill_bar.jpg
Pretty good to have skills, indeed.
This is how your skill bar will look like.
Higher skills = higher damage, of course.

health_ammo.jpg
This is how the client will look like when you login.
The classic "mana bar" is used to display how much ammo you've got left to use.
1 gun shot = 1 ammo, 2 gun shots = 2 ammo, etc..
You can buy ammo above your temple position, the price of each bullet depends on your level.
You cannot give away or trade bullets, you can only refill your own.
Your ammo are ammo for all kind of shooting weapons.

PVP
When you kill team mates, you're not very nice, there's no reward for that.
However killing people from the other team, will give you experience + money.
The higher level your target is, the more exp and money will you gain.
However if you're killing low levels while you're a pretty high level yourself, you will not gain anything.

Upgrade

If you want EQ and stuffs, you will have to enter dungeons, trying to loot it, or simply buying it from other selling people.

Value on items:

Items value is not exactly what they are on the original tibia.
The prices on items are decided on how rare they are, the more rare, the higher value in NPC prices.

Map

BETA 1.0 Map
29oqzwy.jpg

BETA 2.0 Map
sdlh1u.jpg
This is the current map, not completed yet as you probably can see.
But there's yet a lot of creatures to try out, you find them at the creature page.

Secrets

This game isn't just about kill and being killed, it's about mystery too!
There's no records on which creatures drop what, what quests exist and so on, you will just have to collect rumors and explore it for yourself, making the game a lot more interesting and funny to stay on.

For BETA testers!
Report all issues in this thread.
Also ideas and thoughts are appreciated here!

I will only read constructive criticism, anything else I will ignore.
If you have nothing good to say, then close your mouth, or put out something constructive how you would like to see the issue fixed!

Suck as "Omg server sucks!", I'd appreciate if you could translate that to a constructive level so it would end up being "I got debugged east of depot, I don't know why but you should look in to it."

Thank you! :)

For moderators:
Is there something missing? or something that you find bad and should be here? PM me and I fix it at your request!
It's better that way than you just delete a thread and I keep creating it because I have no idea why.

BETA 2.0 update log:
Client:
*Fixed an outfit that had wrong position on the tiles (the character was placed 8 pixel south-east of a tile instead of the position it should have been in.)
*Fixed an performance error that caused the client to debug when a game-master walks through closed-doors.
*4 out of 6 Grass-tuffs were useable (like clicking on a vial), that have been fixed (green and dried grass-tuffs)
*Made the 100-dollar bill to have a blue index color to make a bigger difference from the usual dollar.

*Level at death was updated as the level character is at the moment, even if the death was a month ago. changed to display the actual death at the time of death.
*Added a daily kills-counter, that will put out the days statstics about which team made most kills (etc CT vs T, 13 - 9)
*Added server-status showing if game is online + how many players are online. Also statistics showing how many accounts that exist including how many active players there are + how many inactive players.
*Added 5 top level in a box.
*Added 5 latest deaths in a box.
*Updated the menu to be as "usual main menu" + menu below it to show category options, instead of having the "cheap" menu at left side of the webpage.

Game:
*Rifles are now two-handed weapons.
*Some of the weapons ingame gave wrong exhaust information (Some weapons said their exhaust was for example 3 seconds, while it actually was 1.)
*Added an weapon exhaust when walking in stairs (After walking in stairs, you cannot atta monsters for 1.5 seconds, but you can still attack players!)
*Added more creatures:
-Smuggler
-Assassin
-Wild Warrior
-Bandit
-Dwarf
-Dwarf Soldier
-Dwarf Guard
-Dwar Geomancer
-Dwarf Watcher
-Dwarf High Soldier
-Dwarf Lord
-Dwarf Elder Lord
-Elf
-Elf Scout
-Elf Arcanist

*Added a lot of new areas around the entire map.
*Changed all the creatures loot on chances of looting and added more items possible to loot.
*Added a backpack seller ("Malmek", placed in center of Alvore, below the stair-hills)
*Changed Shotguns to actually act like shotguns (several bullets that could hit anything)
*Updated the attack-engine of weapons to work smoother and faster
*Added weapon exhaust while stair-jumping (you cannot attack creatures for 1.5 seconds after changing floor, but you can still attack players!)

and a lot more.. login and find out!

Last edited:
Looks cool. There's a problem with creating character, when I try to pick 'terrorist' it says 'You must select team!'.

@edit:
Now I'm getting connection timeout after selecting character from list in game.

Last edited:
Looks cool. There's a problem with creating character, when I try to pick 'terrorist' it says 'You must select team!'.

Checking and testing, I will reply when I'm done

Edit:
Fixed the issue, thank you for reporting =)
Rep++ for you! :)

Looks pretty cool, i've seen CS server in the past and they never worked out but this one seems different. I like how you customized the monster loots and stuff it would be also be nice if you customized the name and not only had creatures but human clans and such around the map.

Looks pretty cool, i've seen CS server in the past and they never worked out but this one seems different. I like how you customized the monster loots and stuff it would be also be nice if you customized the name and not only had creatures but human clans and such around the map.

that's on my plans for future :)
I was thinking of adding "muggers" and similar human-alike monsters that would have their own areas in the map and/or spawn randomly raid-like.
Also I have plans on doing areas that can only be accessed through having entire set on your EQ, and only then can you go to this new place :)

Etc if you have all eq-items named "plate", you'll find some more rare and serious creatures (plate armor, legs, shield)

but those ideas are only on my "update-list".
Right now I want to try out the engines and settings before I go to far (better find problems in the first wall of the house you're building, than build the entire house before you look for problems)
Also this beta is to draw a bit of attention, allowing people to get to know it, which will help the server once it really launches, to become more populated.

Hope my answer gave you any clues :)
and I thank you for the reply and your ideas :)
That's Rep++ on that one :)

i dont like site layout ;s
It's not completely done :)
But thou, not everyone can be happy at same time :)

Is the server supposed to be up right now?
Yeah it's online right now for testing =)

Did some screening on how hunts could look like :p
I did this test with dwarven-set, beholder shield and AUG as main weapon :), oh almost forgot the steel boots :p
33nvp5c.jpg

jtsy12.jpg

Using a grenade, a light one :)
140vptd.jpg

2ik8kl0.jpg

jb447k.jpg

2ebspcm.jpg

I like how you started. Nice, clean little map where players should discover while you are expanding the map. You expand he map from feedback from players. For example, players need more quests for EQ, you expand the map and create a new quest for EQ.

Anyway, the overall looks like it will roll.

I like how you started. Nice, clean little map where players should discover while you are expanding the map. You expand he map from feedback from players. For example, players need more quests for EQ, you expand the map and create a new quest for EQ.

Anyway, the overall looks like it will roll.

Logging in still isn't working for me. I can choose character from list but I can't connect to the server.

Logging in still isn't working for me. I can choose character from list but I can't connect to the server.

I'm terrible sorry for being a noob, it was a failing IP linking, I've fixed that now.
Thanks for notifying me that you could not connect the server!

That problem is now fixed! :)

It's fun. Played for some time and I really like the outfits and weapons. Aiming is fun, the map is still pretty small but it can always get expanded. New player may be having little problems with money, because medkits are expensive (for a newbie) and items drops are pretty rare. I'd love to see more mechanisms from counter strike (e.g. smoke granades [it could be making everyone in it's area of effect invisible (ghost mode) and add that 'smoke' effect for a few seconds], or flash granade [which could silence player for a few seconds, but it may be too OP]), however, it's oldschool server with ~7.6 client, so it may be difficult to code.

This could turn out to be a pretty fucking sweet server, but it needs a-looot of work. Personally, I don't think you should use Tibian monsters, there's a ton of different outfit combinations and you should have your PvE system be against humans. I also would add a main quest kind of like a fps career lol; to indroduce the game.

I have to question the aim-your-gun idea, the problem is what makes a sub-machine gun different than a pistol. It's basically how fast you can click.

I wish you luck.

This could turn out to be a pretty fucking sweet server, but it needs a-looot of work. Personally, I don't think you should use Tibian monsters, there's a ton of different outfit combinations and you should have your PvE system be against humans. I also would add a main quest kind of like a fps career lol; to indroduce the game.

I have to question the aim-your-gun idea, the problem is what makes a sub-machine gun different than a pistol. It's basically how fast you can click.

I wish you luck.
Thank you very much :)
I'm working hard to make it a solid game that should turn out to be fun for most of the people whether you're in for only PVP or for the RPG style :)

Only 11 creatures?
Actually there's 37 monsters that exist and spawns so far, that's because it take some time to add them.
I'm not doing a copy + paste on creatures, I'm actually re-writing them to fit the game, as players can deal 10 times the damages at level 1, than a level 1 in tibia.com, the monsters will need more health as well.
And since G-Craft doesn't use normal character speed, all creatures are also in need of new speed and damages.
and to make sure a solid game with correct loot values without risking a money-bug all the loot is removed and added again with a lot of work controlling values of items, drop chances and so on.

So possibility there's a creature online, dropping a lot of rares at all times, is not possible :)

Topic:
As you may have noticed, I'm working a lot to upgrade the website, as you see there's no track of how many players are online through website, but that feature will soon come in the brand new box appearing left of the website :)

You should make some items that are very very rare, that way when hunting you have something to look forward to, if you can get a good equips really fast its no fun.

You should make some items that are very very rare, that way when hunting you have something to look forward to, if you can get a good equips really fast its no fun.

Amazon set is very rare :)
loot from Amazons, but as said, incredible rare =)
Dwarven set will also be incredible rare, thou there will be sets that will be even harder to put together to find out that they give you some premissions but you never know of what or where =)

G-Craft will be filled with mysteries for those who enjoys those, therefor there will never be any wikias explaining everything =)
Only information that's necessary to start the gaming will be given, the rest is for players to create rumors about =)

That will effect in a positive community that will help eachother and keep subjects to talk about =)

1.)I tried it out, the spawns/map doesn't seem very user friendly to me.
2.)The knife says it has a 3 sec cd, but I believe I'm using it faster.
3.)More melee weapons should added in.
4.)Some weapons should have special effects, example-a longsword is long so it should have a longer range, a shotgun should do some kind of aoe, etc...
5.)I feel like existing monsters should have custom names.

1) - It's still on an early stage, I'm aware of the map issue when it comes to city, that's because the city-mountain isn't completely done.
But there will be more exits from the city soon.

2) - That's me, forgetting to update web stats, I changed the knife to 1 sec CD because of the low range.

3) - very possible but something that will have to be on hold for the moment.

4) - you're right, I'm going to work on fix the shotguns up to be aoe.

5) - the existing monsters are "fill-up" creatures, the custom ones will come soon when the map is getting bigger and are accepting hidden temples.
and also, it's kinda hard to give the existing monsters custom names at this point, without making it look cheap. I mean, what name would you put on for a wolf? cyclops? a bug?
Custom names are better on new creatures once they arrive IMO, but please give me some examples and I might rethink

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back