• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden]GunCraft, 2D CS, Custom Oldschool style BETA 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Altough the website doesn't seem to work for me. I do not know if it's only for me but it have been like this for 30 mins now :p

Altough the website doesn't seem to work for me. I do not know if it's only for me but it have been like this for 30 mins now :p

no it's not just you, it's like that for me too, I'm going to fix it soon, I'm just going to look what happened, and how I can prevent that in future.
it has nothing to do with server and I actually believe it's either the new firewall that have done something or something on the host computer that block internet connections as neither the game nor web seems to reach internet.

I'll come back when I've found what's causing it! until that, I will not "attempt" to get web&server online as that may make the issue go invisible for my eyes

Edit, game and website is back online.
Problem: Failing internet-cable (getting bit overused) which made it to lose full-contact when something moves it (damn cat)

Last edited:
I'm terrible sorry for that the BETA 3.0 has been delayed, mostly because BETA 2.0 has some bugs that's annoying when it comes to playing (etc shotgun skill doesn't raise m.m, the reason why players are offline and wait for 3.0)

The reason for the delay is simple, first off that I've become dad only 3 days ago, second that 3.0 is bigger than I expected it to be as release.
But nothing bad that doesn't have any good with it! BETA 3.0 is adapted to complete the playing experience!

Which means from 3.0, GunCraft could be a real game and not a BETA, but however that's NOT what's going to happen, I will continue having it on BETA level for a while.

a heads up, website and game will be down once I launch 3.0, it will take some time to install it to the host computer.
The main delaying thing is the database, brand new system that will force me to convert the current database into the new one (like I said I will not reset the server until the launch comes, so I put down some extra work, to get it right without people losing their "test" accounts)

I hope you understand and validate my delay.

I'm terrible sorry for that the BETA 3.0 has been delayed, mostly because BETA 2.0 has some bugs that's annoying when it comes to playing (etc shotgun skill doesn't raise m.m, the reason why players are offline and wait for 3.0)

The reason for the delay is simple, first off that I've become dad only 3 days ago, second that 3.0 is bigger than I expected it to be as release.
But nothing bad that doesn't have any good with it! BETA 3.0 is adapted to complete the playing experience!

Which means from 3.0, GunCraft could be a real game and not a BETA, but however that's NOT what's going to happen, I will continue having it on BETA level for a while.

a heads up, website and game will be down once I launch 3.0, it will take some time to install it to the host computer.
The main delaying thing is the database, brand new system that will force me to convert the current database into the new one (like I said I will not reset the server until the launch comes, so I put down some extra work, to get it right without people losing their "test" accounts)

I hope you understand and validate my delay.

Sounds great!

Do you have a new estimated time?

Sounds great!

Do you have a new estimated time?
I have no idea but I'll try to get ready for 3.0 as soon as possible!

The great mountain west of Alvore is completed, it offers a lot of creatures for people with balls of steel!
On top of the mountain there's a castle holding new creatures that guards it, these creatures are human gangs.

I'm now working to complete everything that's not finished in the map, once I'm done, I'm going to use an hour or two, to check around and look for issues.
When I'm done with that, I'll release 3.0!

But as said, no idea about time, I got a few more areas to go through and a few more creatures to add!
when I'm done with this post, I'm going to add the long awaited demons ;)

Pretty fun server. A little confusing at first but once you get the hang of it, it becomes addicting pretty quick.

This server is totally worth to play! I am waiting for patches because i have maxed out all hunting grounds as lvl 42 :p
And when the patch comes. its levling time again :) // Douchlas

BETA 3.0 has been released! you need client 3.0 to be able to login.
The former "guncraft.no-ip.org" will be re-directed towards the new domain "gun-craft.com".

A full change-log will be available tomorrow as I didn't have time to re-write "my personal change-log" into a proper public change code (less confusing to read for others)
Anyhow I hope you enjoy the update! if you meet bugs and issues, I'd appreciate if you would notify me with those!

Regards!

Here's the public change-log of this update!
However this does not include all new areas!

BETA 3.0 Release said:
BETA 3.0 Release

*Added posibility to change passwords of the account
*Activated domain "gun-craft.com" as the project GunCraft is getting more serious and are about to release in a very soon future!

Client:
*Fixed a failing terrorist-outfit
*Enabled dual-connection towards the login server(faster connection + less chance of packet-loss)
*Fixed a few graphic errors around items

Game:
*Added chock grenade (paralyzes creatures of an area).
*Added implode grenade (works like magic wall/wildgrowth).
*Added a new road and a few more houses in north-east Alvore.
*Added vocation system for melee weapons (Axe/Club/Sword -fighter), weapons work like the earlier knife.(Using another kind of melee weapon will reduce damage by 20%)
*Added funiture NPC above Alvore-CT temple.
*Changed items that "Alexander" and "Baltasar" offered.
*Added detail list of "Alexander" and "Baltasar" that you can ask them about (They will reply with their offers when you ask them for "buy", "sell", "trade" and more).
*Changed so you only have to say "refill" to "Alexander" and "Baltasar" when you want your ammo refilled (earlier you had to say: ammo -> refill -> yes)
*Fixed the switch-tiles flaw that made all switch-tiles to act like depot tile even if they were not there for that purpose.
*Completed the map around Alvore (floor+1)
*Fixed so that 1 million dollar says "1 000 000 dollar" instead of earlier "100 000" which was classed as a bug.
*Fine-tuned monster loots and added swords/axes/clubs as possible loot.
*Removed the earth-mountain east of Alvore to place a stone-mountain instead (Better fit).
*Fixed medicine kit to allow you to heal others than yourself.

Added creatures
-Witch
-Fire elemental
-Hero
-Demon
-Beholder

Added gang creatures:
-Castle Member
-Castle Warrior
-Castle Scout
-Castle Guard

House details
*Added an detection that will remove an owner of the house, if the owner are "missing" (for example, the owner may have been deleted but house remains)
*Added system that will remove house from a player if the player has been inactive for 30 days or more.
*Added "James the house master" which will sell you houses from ingame, you will understand how it works, once you talk to him!
*Fixed automatic house system to serve website with information about houses (Etc, name, size, owners, price, m.m)
*Fine-tuned house systems
When you sell a house, this will happen before you get it
-All items send to the depot of the houses-city.
-guest list and subowner list is removed

When you buy a house this will happens before you can access it
-left items are trashed
-guest list and subowner list are removed

There's a duplicated system for this to make sure it wont ever be possible that something goes wrong!
For example that there's players left in subowner list and you have no idea of checking it, might get you house-robbed anytime the previous owner find that out.
Prices depends on the house-size, small houses are cheap, while big guild halls can get very pricy!
When you sell a house, you will get 20% of the money back that you paid the house with.
Houses doesn't hold rents, but if you're inactive with the character that owns the house, you will lose it after a month.

BETA 1.0 Map:
29oqzwy.jpg

BETA 2.0 Map:
sdlh1u.jpg

and the latest BETA 3.0 Map:
t54wf9.jpg

Glitch fixes after BETA 3.0 said:
-Fixed so medicine kit, chock grenade and sinkhole grenade remove charges properly when used.
-Fixed so medicine kit gives "heal power" when used (temporarily bug after system-change between 2.0 and 3.0)
-Added systems to allow automatic global saves(allowing the game to restart the hosting-machine on global saves)

I hope you'll enjoy BETA 3.0!
If you find bugs, glitches or issues please report those to me!
Thanks in advance!

Regards!

Nice patch! I really enjoy everything in the new patch, esp the medicine packs and the shotguns! Also, i don't know how to buy house, i tried !buy code, !buy house etc.

You should definitely continue adding more monsters in the next patch, custom ones especially!

F.e new cyclops and elves!

Good Job! :)

Nice patch! I really enjoy everything in the new patch, esp the medicine packs and the shotguns! Also, i don't know how to buy house, i tried !buy code, !buy house etc.

You should definitely continue adding more monsters in the next patch, custom ones especially!

F.e new cyclops and elves!

Good Job! :)

There's a NPC above Alvore-CT temple, ask him about houses! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Second fix after BETA 3.0 update!

Glitch fixes after BETA 3.0 said:
-Fixed knife damage(the knife from 2.0 was not using same damages as the other new melee weapons and became OP).
-Fixed a stairbug above dwarven mountains.
-Fixed so shovel work properly.
-Axes show the effects of clubs, this has been fixed.
-Lowered weight of medicine kit from 20 oz to 5 oz.
-Lowered weight of grenades from 10 oz to 3 oz.
-Fixed a small issue with NPC "James the house master".

Armor should reduce damage in PVP (except for grenades)!

- - - Updated - - -

Shotgun should not be able to stack damage (sometimes it shoots 4 shots on the same square). This makes shotgun extremely strong in PVP (i can do 500x4 damage).

You should also make it so it always hits the square you shoots at (so it never misses in battle).

This makes shotgun better against monsters and weaker in pvp :)

make it take 3~ ammo!

Last edited:
This night there was no sleep for me, my newborn kid was little unsatisfied and little loud all night and to let my wife sleep I staid up to have the kid with me.
but luckily there was few moments for me to do some little work with GunCraft..

Like I said to player earlier(yesterday at this point), I wanted to create a forum on the website to enable players to talk through there, get help, report and more...
This is how far I've gotten for now =)

Test category showing here is in "Chat"
242fnr5.jpg

Some testing inside a thread
2cmnfci.jpg

I'm going to continue the work on this forum and release it when it's fully completed :)

<I might write backwards or weird, but that's because I'm tired as f**k>

Edit,
Sorry for borrowing your name, Skaplig =(

- - - Updated - - -

Written 09:22 CET
This morning there was a very powerful thunderstorm in south Sweden that caused the server to come offline for almost 2 hours.

First the power was cut for a while(only a few minutes), but after the power was back online, it seemed the ISP was not, and some time there was no internet at all.
However internet is back online and the power haven't been cut more times than that one time.

For security reasons the hosting machine have backup-power that keep the computer awake for 10 minutes to allow the game to be able to save itself, so in those cases, houses shouldn't be reset.

The storm is not over thou, there's still some pretty powerful lightning in the hosting area so if the server goes off again, it' because of this storm.

BETA 4.0 is coming up!
a date is not set but there's a new city that will be involved together with updated website with new features =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back