• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Take advantage of OX Project Cancellation And Make A New Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snusarn Thor

Reaction score
Heya, I was thinking since Joshwa and Syntax cancelled the OX Project it would be a really good time to take advantage of the amount of players who wanted something new. @Mark Why don't you make another shadowcores server now, just copy the whole thing and add oramond and roshamuul content. We know that you're still working on TFS so why wouldn't you just update your own servers aswell? I am just saying this to plant a seed in your brain, since it seems like you've run out of ideas. The server could have the same rates EVEN lower than shadowcores.

Thanks alot @Mark hope you're reading this.

just make what ox server was gonna make , it was perfect. I really think that there was gonna play 2k+ players. Many ppl's is wanting new generation of servers , ppl is getting bored always same.

There isn't anything to take advantage of for us, the opportunity was given by us when we stopped updating our servers, and given that OX didn't take it, why don't you take it?

Why don't you think twice about why they canceled their server? They may have been in it for the money, many OpenTibia server owners are, but I'm not posting to judge them, I'm telling you to think twice about it. If you still don't get it, why aren't you taking this opportunity to launch your own ShadowCores killer? Come on, you're competing with a ship that doesn't move, and I've not only given you the software for free, I'm also still maintaining it for free.

ShadowCores could be much better, it has potential to reach over 3000 concurrent players, but regardless, without any major update for over a year, ShadowCores is still ahead of every other server. Yes, we could stop you and everyone else from competing with us in a single day by adding the content people are asking for, but here's a promise: we're not going to do it. We're not going to reset any of our servers. We're not going to open a third server. Why?
1) Our community (a significant amount of the community at least) doesn't appreciate it, no matter how many hours we spend, and still do, there will always be something to cry about. It's not what we signed up for, and it's not fun anymore.
2) I don't have a dedicated team ready to spend even 1/5 of the time it takes to do this: http://twifysoft.tumblr.com/archive/2012/9 anymore. The team is what makes a product, it's not easily replaceable.
3) We're not doing this for money, hence why you aren't seeing us sell the 30 or so new mounts for $30 each. A lot of people ask me how much money I make from this, and I'm being honest when I tell them I don't know, because it has never mattered to me.

You're not telling us something we didn't already know. We're well aware of what we're doing.

@Mark
Ok. You and your staff makeing OT for people. But now ? Many people don't want to play on OT when people have 500 lvs arround and have 1000kks.
They need some new. Some adventure.
Arround 1 year ago on Shadow people play all the time and serve reach arround 2152 ACTIVE PLAYERS !!!

If you and your staff decide to make new OT with lower exp than shadow/lunar and posibility to transfer ONLY to shadow/lunar I think that if will be the best idea.

Everyone knows that otserverlist owner is a person who makeing servers only for money. Now his ambera reach arround 50-60 ppl after 3/4 months? So he decide to earn a lot of money on his new OT :p

You know that you and @Hani have the best OT on market. You have invested a lot of time and money.

Now on Shadow/Lunar you don't have only Oramond+Roshamuul. It's your decide.

Majority of you guys are crying (like always) about shadowcores future updates blablabla. If you know read English, you can see that Mark will not move anything atm about the server so, if you don't like this ot, stop playing here lol it isn't difficult at all...

Those things make tibia dies even faster that is dieing nowadays.
@Mark You dont need the expend that amount of time you saying, you can just make same map and change few stages for exp/ ml/ skills , a better ssa delay than lunarforce,shared exp like rl tibia, 60percent die on warmode , no twist of fate,lower damage with ava on warmode and few others things that i could tell if you decide to make a project of new server.

I think if any good server come online in a small time many ppl will retired for ever cuz its boring to wait for a things that will never come up, there is no reason to keep playing like this for a thing that is not even getting fun.

I fought on Lunar the other day and it seemed 20x better than before. I don't understand why you guys don't just stop bitching about a new server and go play there lel
give me 15x chars of 300 lvl's+ and i will fix team , many of my ppl doesnt have the feeling to exp in a server that ppl's has already 400 lvls.

@Mark you made the best OT ever but you relay on past sucess . When you are on the top the only path you can go is down and thats whats hapenning with shadowcores.
The reason why those guys fail making ots like shadowcores is ebcause they do not have the knowledge to deal with all the variations that this work can produce.

@Mark you made the best OT ever but you relay on past sucess . When you are on the top the only path you can go is down and thats whats hapenning with shadowcores.
The reason why those guys fail making ots like shadowcores is ebcause they do not have the knowledge to deal with all the variations that this work can produce.

I think we can compare Shadowcores with the Barça of Guardiola , they was best in their time but they arrive to an a lvl that is hard to keep for many years and finaly they went both went down.
Now Barça changed the project with new coacher and more or less mark should make the same , fix a new motivated staff that wanna make great things and just mark can help them giving them what they need (things with map , scripts and others).

give me 15x chars of 300 lvl's+ and i will fix team , many of my ppl doesnt have the feeling to exp in a server that ppl's has already 400 lvls.

I saw plenty of people lvl 350+ dying like lvl 220s, I saw a level 230 tanking like a level 350.

There's 2 types of playstyles on Lunar at the moment:

1. Play with a brain and you can be any level you want and still be useful in war.
2. RPG like a fucking nerd, get 350+ and still spam ssas and might rings and die like a level 10.

It's not like before, you don't just sit there with magebot spamming ssas because there's a cd now and that small window can be the death of anyone.

If you and your team are so fixated in finding a new server that has as good of a system as Lunar, good fucking luck. People are so fixated on levels that they don't bother even testing out the new system.

P.S. I ward on a level 270 with no eq or ssas or might rings and I didn't die once. There's a difference between a player that knows how to not die and play well and a fucking moron that goes in balls deep, dies and says "I'm dying because of these charlovers" when they're the ones being idiotic.

^ true it's not all about the level right now or tanky mages you need to use brain if you want to win something good player won't complain if he got 200 ed or 300 cuz it doesnt matter maybe 100 dmg difference with max spell? you can't tank on this ot anymore like before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back