• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.5 8.6 by Nekiro - can't log in to the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowman321

Reaction score
After some searching I've decided to use @Nekiro version of TFS downgraded to 8.6 ([8.60/8.00/7.72] Clean TFS 1.5 Downport (https://otland.net/threads/8-60-8-00-7-72-clean-tfs-1-5-downport.277347/)). Seems to be reasonable choice, since even @Znote is using it successfully and stable for months now.
So, I've ran into some issues of course (e.g. had to implement this fix for actions, as it was failing during lua scripts load: fix crash and leak in action:register and moveevent:register by yamaken93 · Pull Request #3694 · otland/forgottenserver (https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver/pull/3694/files)), but managed to run server and database (with help of docker, as both alpine and mariadb work fine on arm architecture :p). Created some test account in db. I can log in to my account, character list is visible, but I can't log in into the game.

After I try to log in, I get hand on "Connecting to game server..." for some time.
Then this:
1644267701982.png

Running otclient on mac with 8.60 spr/dat from RME website. This works fine witch editing 8.6 maps in rme and on other live 8.6 servers.
No logs from tfs about login attempt.
No logs from otclient about issues, just this:
Code:
Connecting to: 127.0.0.1:7171
Login to 0.0.0.0:7172

Any ideas how can I fix this?
Post automatically merged:

Ohhhhhhh.
After I sent this thread it occured to me, that 0.0.0.0 is from config.lua, not sure why it was there, but after changing it to 127.0.0.1 client correctly connects to 7172 on localhost and allows me to login to the game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back