• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.5 8.6, doubel text on sings

vexler222

Solutions
Reaction score
Hey, someone know where is problem with double info from signs? I tested on my datapack, and i downloaded clean from github, but same problem.
1659376531948.png
1659376618344.png

Solution
Not possibile, bacause i told, i tried download clean tfs 1.5 8.6 from github, with clean datapack from nekiro, and is same problem
Actually what @Evil Puncker said makes the most sense; as I am also using the Nekiro downgrade and don't experience the issue.

"09:56 You see a street sign.
You read: Temple Street
Item ID: 1439
Position: 32366, 32212, 7"

To assure you are not using any customized sources/datapack files; your best option is to:
1. Download GitHub - nekiro/TFS-1.5-Downgrades at 8.60 (https://github.com/nekiro/TFS-1.5-Downgrades/tree/8.60)
2. Compile and move TFS executable into root folder
3. Set config to use your database or import fresh db from schema.sql.
4. Set character position to map temple.
Seems to be an issue when looking at signs as gamemaster or higher grade.
As player I have no issue with it.

Please open your otbm and check map, as it shows in game is only generating the "You read" once. The text inside is duplicating which means one of two things. The map otbm glitched and duplicated test, or there is a error in code but since I don't experience this issue I think it may be the otbm. I also see you are using OTC, if all else fails try a different client to see if problem persists.

Please open your otbm and check map, as it shows in game is only generating the "You read" once. The text inside is duplicating which means one of two things. The map otbm glitched and duplicated test, or there is a error in code but since I don't experience this issue I think it may be the otbm. I also see you are using OTC, if all else fails try a different client to see if problem persists.
So .otbm in clean tfs 1.5 from github must be to glitched, cuz im tested on clean tfs too, and on client 8.6 cipsoft version, i have same problem

check in Look section in sources if it has doubled functions

I don't see any doubled functions, i tried check two files by sublime text editor, and too i don;t see anything in item.cpp/h items.cpp/h (I compared tfs 1.3 files with 1.5 files, and still don;t see anything what can doubled description :()

the only thing that come to my mind is that you have replaced your data/lib/core/item.lua with the one from tfs-master instead of using the one that comes with nekiro downgrade... so you ended up having both item descriptions in Lua and in source at the same time

the only thing that come to my mind is that you have replaced your data/lib/core/item.lua with the one from tfs-master instead of using the one that comes with nekiro downgrade... so you ended up having both item descriptions in Lua and in source at the same time

Not possibile, bacause i told, i tried download clean tfs 1.5 8.6 from github, with clean datapack from nekiro, and is same problem

Actually what @Evil Puncker said makes the most sense; as I am also using the Nekiro downgrade and don't experience the issue.

"09:56 You see a street sign.
You read: Temple Street
Item ID: 1439
Position: 32366, 32212, 7"

To assure you are not using any customized sources/datapack files; your best option is to:
1. Download GitHub - nekiro/TFS-1.5-Downgrades at 8.60 (https://github.com/nekiro/TFS-1.5-Downgrades/tree/8.60)
2. Compile and move TFS executable into root folder
3. Set config to use your database or import fresh db from schema.sql.
4. Set character position to map temple.
5. Login and check for error.
(should not be there, as I've just tested same setup.)

Solution
//edit

Okey, tell me where is fucking problem.. Yesterday i downloaed tfs 1.5 8.6 from same link what u give me, i compiled it and make clean database and still i has problem with double info, now when i downloaded it, magic, problem gone...
Post automatically merged:

// Edit AGAIN

Boys/Grils, im so fucking retard, just kill me please
So, when @Extrodus said, all is good in his files.
I started removes folders one per one, to find what is wrong, because i tested clean tfs (what work good on clean datapack), and be same problem..
And when i replaced few folders, my brain start working.. And he told me, WAIT BITCH, if your map work good, on clean datapack, replaced scripts and lib folders doesn't change anything, and u tested yesterday clean tfs and datapack, with YOUR config.lua, maybe with it is problem?

And yes! Problem be in config.lua... I has in luaItemDesc, a TRUE option.. Because, i has problem one time with mana/life leech, and i forrgot remove it..

When i back it to false option. Double desc gone.. XD

So.. Im so sorry all ppl what tried help me, when im still said PROBLEM IS IN TFS..

@Extrodus @Evil Puncker

Last edited:
Its okay mate, sometimes we get frustrated trying to figure things out. Glad you got everything figured out and even started to use process of elimination which is very important when debugging/problem solving.

Back