• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

tfs.exe process gets killed instantly after running when trying to get my server online

Yamo

Reaction score
Hey,

I am trying to make a server and I am having trouble when running the .exe file which takes the server online.

Done:
- I portforwarded correctly.
- My static IP adress is configured correctly.
- Downloaded the OTX server from this post, including the .dll files and the theforgottenserver.exe file (both x64 obviously)
- schema.sql is exported in the phpmyadmin db.
- in config.lua my settings at MySQL are
Code:
mysqlHost = "localhost"
mysqlUser = "root"
mysqlPass = "mypassword"
mysqlDatabase = "nameofmydb"
mysqlPort = 3306
mysqlSock = ""

Installed Visual C++ Redistributable 2015
6bbc83d2415ae3ca5e12166798db8526.png

Router port forward settings
fe11f79205cdc46c2692157e1ceb1661.png

My static IP
ca82449f424e307fff561fb173a92f35.png

Imported database to phpmyadmin
2cb3ab3ba0829a3d4a16dec9a9f7650b.png

config.lua settings
66e6fe58993f7193b2392bfa8a8f3eca.png
When I run the theforgottenserver.exe file, the process automaticly gets killed and I have no clue how to fix it.

Note:
Before I setup the database correctly, the theforgottenserver.exe process first showed an error it couldn't connect to the database before getting killed.

I hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance,

Yamo

Last edited:
Open the .exe file through a command line program.

If you're on Windows open cmd and type:
Code:
cd "the directory into which the .exe file is located at."

then just type the name the of the .exe and press enter. There, now you can probably see the error message if any.

Apparently the \data folder didn't copy while forking the distribution which caused the problem. Awkward...

Back