• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The Forgotten Tibia

Togu

Advanced OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
The Forgotten Tibia
Why this name?

Which way?

How does it works?

• Vocations:
    • They won't exist. Everyone will be a no-vocation normal human being.
  • Skills:
    • Magic (+ Mana, + Magic Damage)
    • Vitality (+ Health)
    • Strenght (+ Phisical Damage, + Cap)
    • Dexterity (+ Speed, + Attack Speed)
    • Intelligence (+ Mana, + Attack Spells)
    • Faith (+ Mana, + Support Spells)
    • Resistance (+ Defence, + Cap)
    • Endurance (+ Cap, + Health)
  • Skill Advancement:
    • From level 1 to 8 - each level gives you 2 points
    • From level 8 to 40 - each level gives you 4 points
    • From level 40 to 60 - each level gives you 3 points
    • From level 60 to 80 - each level gives you 2 points
    • From level 80 to 100 - each level gives you 1 point
    • From level 100 onwards - each 2 levels gives you 1 point
  • Example 1:
A player that wants a knight gameplay has to reach lv 60 with a minimum of 70 Strenght and 70 Resistance (with original combat formulas). For that, he needs 120 points, that will result in 2 points needed per level. But a no-vocation don't gain Health and Capacity like a knight build should, so we'll have to give another point to be distributed. So let's make 3 points per level, then we don't need to change the combat formulas.
  • Example 2:
A player that wants a sorcerer gameplay has to reach lv 60 with a minimum of 45 Magic (and access to strong attack spells). For that, if the Magic Skill has a cost of 3 points to be raised, he needs 135 points to be used in Magic and still have 45 points left (if he gains 3 points per level) to be used in Intelligence, Faith or any other skill.

-- Skill Gain
-- NOTE: values has to be changed in data/lib/core/skillpoints.lua too
magicManaGain = 15
vitalityHealthGain = 15
intelligenceManaGain = 10
faithManaGain = 10
resistanceCapGain = 5 * 100
enduranceCapGain = 15 * 100
enduranceHealthGain = 5

-- DUAL WIELDING (70 = 70% of single weapon damage)
allowDualWielding = true
dualWieldingDamageRate = 70

-- SHIELDS (default: 100 resistance, 0 dexterity)
-- Shield formula: defenseSkill = (RESISTANCE * shieldResistanceFactor / 100) + (DEXTERITY * shieldDexterityFactor / 100);
shieldResistanceFactor = 100
shieldDexterityFactor = 0

-- DISTANCE WEAPONS (default: 100 dexterity, 0 strenght)
-- Spear formula: attackSkill = (STRENGHT * spearStrenghtFactor / 100) + (DEXTERITY * spearDexterityFactor / 100);
-- Bow formula: attackSkill = (STRENGHT * bowStrenghtFactor / 100) + (DEXTERITY * bowDexterityFactor / 100);
spearDexterityFactor = 100
spearStrenghtFactor = 0
bowDexterityFactor = 75
bowStrenghtFactor = 50

-- WANDS and RODS (default: 0 int, 0 faith, 0 magic)
-- Rod formula: maxDamage = maxDamage + (maxDamage * (FAITH - 8) / 100) * (rodFaithFactor / 100) + (MAGIC * magicWandRodFactor / 100);
-- Wand formula: maxDamage = maxDamage + (maxDamage * (INTTELIGENCE - 8) / 100) * (wandIntFactor / 100) + (MAGIC * magicWandRodFactor / 100);
rodFaithFactor = 200
wandIntelligenceFactor = 100
magicWandRodFactor = 0

Last edited:
Neat idea. I'm curious as to how it will turn out. I don't have time to help with it right now, but I'm looking forward to seeing what becomes of it :)

I really like the ideas and would be capable of helping with TFS sources and scripts, I haven't touched OTClient stuff yet so not quite sure how quickly I could help with that.

One thing I'd like to see is a point-assignment modal window which gives you button options and displays your available skill points to distribute, the modal window in your example is essentially a list with an increment button. Is there any way to build a unique shape like a circular pattern of buttons surrounding the number of available skill points in the middle? Also when you have no available skill points grey out the buttons.

Thanks for the feedbacks, good idea this circular skill thing, but I'm focusing more in the minimal viable project, this is for 2.0 version kkk

If anyone wants to help me in this project, first I'm gonna need to learn how to fckng upload a project in GitHub ignoring especific files/folder, lost more than 1 hour trying to do that and just quit cause I always end stucked with a commit-problem of a 100MB file, making an entire otserv system game is easier than make a file be ignored on upload lol. For now I'm using just OneDrive.

Good Morning Togu,

as I see you're having some problems with git, please at this point go get a coffee because I brought you a nice reading time.

It's essential to know how git works in order to be productive with it. Here's everything you should know to start off a project: Git - gittutorial Documentation

Best Wishes,
Okke

I still don't believe I have to read giant tutorials just to ignore a folder or a file, it should be easy and quick. I hate this GitHub desktop. But thanks I'm gonna try it.

Edit:
Good Morning Togu,

as I see you're having some problems with git, please at this point go get a coffee because I brought you a nice reading time.

It's essential to know how git works in order to be productive with it. Here's everything you should know to start off a project: Git - gittutorial Documentation

Best Wishes,
Okke
As I don't know where to write the commands shown in the tutorial, I go to another page they've put in this page. When I get on the other page, I don't understand what they are telling to do, so they send me to a third page lol. Man I just want to ignore files, not be a GitHub expert.

Edit:
Code:
Gustavo@HP-Guto MINGW64 /g/Gustavo/OneDrive/GitHub/The Forgotten Tibia Project
$ git log --graph
fatal: not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

Gustavo@HP-Guto MINGW64 /g/Gustavo/OneDrive/GitHub/The Forgotten Tibia Project
$ man git-log
bash: man: command not found

Last edited:
Mhmm, well, if you don't believe you have to read a lot in order to get stuff done then I don't believe you're going to have any success in anything related to development.

Also if you don't even know where to write any commands then I'm sure you haven't done much with git anyways since to do first commit you must use the git-console...

Anyways, I just wanted to help you out, feels like you want the work done or us working for you telling exactly what you need to do instead of being helped and think your own.

Still I will give you half path walked on what you want, as I'm not answering any other questions in this thread.

I wrote "Ignore file in git repository" @ duckduckgo.com, here's the first suggestion, StackOverflow Link: How to ignore certain files in git?

Best Wishes,
Okke

Last edited:
Mhmm, well, if you don't believe you have to read a lot in order to get stuff done then I don't believe you're going to have any success in anything related to development.

Also if you don't even know where to write any commands then I'm sure you haven't done much with git anyways since to do first commit you must use the git-console...

Anyways, I just wanted to help you out, feels like you want the work done or us working for you telling exactly what you need to do instead of being helped and think your own.

Best Wishes,
Okke
I know I have to read a lot to do many things related do development. I just don't believe I have to read for hours to ignore a folder or a file, that's not development this is uploading to a cloud. I've done commits before but never using commands in git console. Git is a cloud system and I just want to upload a folder ignoring other files, it SHOULD BE easy. I don't want the work done by others, I'm just angry cause Git don't have a step-by-step-5-minute-tutorial to make the simplest thing we would want to make in it: share a project with large files. But thanks, it looks like I'll have to read a lot to do that.

git init
git add .
git commit

Now that I entered the description of the commit how do I submit? Enter dont work, ctrl enter neither, shift enter... these kind of thing that should be shown in the tutorial.

Edit:
I had to look in stackoverflow lol
"After writing commit message, just press Esc Button and then write :wq or :wq! and then Enter to close the unix file."
Prerequisites for this tutorial: learn unix commands lol
Am I stupid or the git tutorial is not good?

Edit:
1 hour later, after I've learn how to initialize and make a commit from the git bash, after making a commit, my project, its not showing in my profile github.com.

Edit:
had to create a support topic as i can't find the answers i need anywhere.
How to use GitHub

Edit:
Fck it. I won't share the project with the community. If somebody wants to participate, teach me how to use GitHub bash to share things and ignore the vc14 folders/files first. I'll keep sending screenshots while developing the project. Cya.

Edit:
OMG I did it!
XML:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<spells>
   <instant group="attack" spellid="177" name="Buzz" words="exori infir vis" level="1" intelligence="20" mana="6" premium="0" range="3" casterTargetOrDirection="1" blockwalls="1" cooldown="2000" groupcooldown="2000" needlearn="0" script="attack/buzz.lua">
       <vocation name="None" />
   </instant>
</spells>

Intelligence as prerequisite working ;)

Last edited:
This idea is interesting. Definitely see the potential for a good game. Keep up the work!

I know I have to read a lot to do many things related do development. I just don't believe I have to read for hours to ignore a folder or a file, that's not development this is uploading to a cloud. I've done commits before but never using commands in git console. Git is a cloud system and I just want to upload a folder ignoring other files, it SHOULD BE easy. I don't want the work done by others, I'm just angry cause Git don't have a step-by-step-5-minute-tutorial to make the simplest thing we would want to make in it: share a project with large files. But thanks, it looks like I'll have to read a lot to do that.

git init
git add .
git commit

Now that I entered the description of the commit how do I submit? Enter dont work, ctrl enter neither, shift enter... these kind of thing that should be shown in the tutorial.

Edit:
I had to look in stackoverflow lol
"After writing commit message, just press Esc Button and then write :wq or :wq! and then Enter to close the unix file."
Prerequisites for this tutorial: learn unix commands lol
Am I stupid or the git tutorial is not good?

Edit:
1 hour later, after I've learn how to initialize and make a commit from the git bash, after making a commit, my project, its not showing in my profile github.com.

Edit:
had to create a support topic as i can't find the answers i need anywhere.
How to use GitHub

Edit:
Fck it. I won't share the project with the community. If somebody wants to participate, teach me how to use GitHub bash to share things and ignore the vc14 folders/files first. I'll keep sending screenshots while developing the project. Cya.

Edit:
OMG I did it!
XML:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<spells>
   <instant group="attack" spellid="177" name="Buzz" words="exori infir vis" level="1" intelligence="20" mana="6" premium="0" range="3" casterTargetOrDirection="1" blockwalls="1" cooldown="2000" groupcooldown="2000" needlearn="0" script="attack/buzz.lua">
       <vocation name="None" />
   </instant>
</spells>

Intelligence as prerequisite working ;)

It's not that you need to read the whole book, just find your problem and read the relevant content. What's so hard about that? :)

It's not that you need to read the whole book, just find your problem and read the relevant content. What's so hard about that? :)
I created a .bat file that deletes all files created during compilation. I just need to click on it and then make the upload using GitHub Desktop.
Me 1 x 0 GitHub

@topic
If somebody wants to play the beta teste, the site is "done" and I'm leting the server online sometimes, just tell me and I post IP, site and download.

Spells already need intelligence and faith value as pre requisites.

In the future equipments will have pre requisite skill too (like strenght for a weapon or endurance for a heavy armor).

Last edited:
What happend to the github repository?

Project abandoned?
For now I think I'll keep it private, it's not so far to the MVP be done and I don't want other people opening a server before me kkkkk

But if you really want to help me send me a private message.

Obs: see the last screenshot I posted.

For now I think I'll keep it private, it's not so far to the MVP be done and I don't want other people opening a server before me kkkkk

But if you really want to help me send me a private message.

Obs: see the last screenshot I posted.

Open Broadcaster Software!

You should probably type “Note:” or “NB:” instead. :p

Open Broadcaster Software!

You should probably type “Note:” or “NB:” instead. :p

Seems like the acronym can have some similar meanings in English (observed, observer, observation) but none of them seem to be used casually like in Swedish. :D

Aw. with a new thread like this and the old one withering away people wont see what i wrote xD /sad

Aw. with a new thread like this and the old one withering away people wont see what i wrote xD /sad
Repost it here :)

I've put a website screenshot, updated the main post. The system is almost done for playing I think.

But I'm having some issues with OTClient compiling... it shows no errors but a lot of warnings. Tried many times with the official tutorial for VS15 and VS17.
I can play even with these warnings but the walking seems a little laggy and one of my friends told me he got "Missing VCRUNTIME140.dll" when tried to play.

I'd like to make a Crusader. High strenght, Health and Faith for self healing, or others if needed.

Almost done :)
Just need to put dual wielding system

Server Online soon...
Project in GitHub soon...

Need help to name the server/project, the options are:
1) The Forgotten Tibia
2) Dark Tibia
3) Fibula
4) Other (suggest one)

I'll release the 0.8 version, but I'll need help for 0.9 (put skill points in the c++ code and atk speed and walk speed with a config.lua variable) and 1.0 (database with new skills names)

I've made some gameplay tests with friends and I can say its very fun to test different builds!
A ranger with magic and atk spells, a knight with two handed weapon and full strenght, a mage with dexterity to use bow and arrows...

Curiosity: TFS is based on 7.1 cip source virgin files or its a fork of another server?

Last edited:
Back