• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The Unknown | Mapping Thread

Update, I'm still alive, continuously progressing with the map and also server. I am quite happy with recent maping as well as overall changes in game features, I will share some of it in upcoming posts here. For now a village, not yet named :)

[121]
village1.png

[122]
village2.png

[123]
village3.png

[124]
Just a drunken mage, a typical evening in this tavern, keep scrolling...
village4.png
And by the way, I have a question to you, what do you think the rates should be for the server? I am mainly referring to the experience rates. For now I see that rate 1x is too low, both for high levels and low levels, and 4x is too much, especially for low levels. Been thinking about reverse stages, so 2x at the beginning, later 3x, maybe up to 4x at highest levels. I am hoping that the leveling won't be too fast, but in the same time it cannot be boring, cause it will only encourages botters and artifically slow down the pace of the game. Since I am going to implement basically all of the Cipsofts' equipment, including soulwar equipment and also creatures, I am expecting there will be some players with levels above 500, even significantly higher, however I don't want it to be quick process, so it should take at least few months to get there. What do you think about reverse rates? Maybe fixed rate at 2x or 3x would be better?

Take care and Merry Christmas! 😙

man, i did miss some of the posts in this thread or you loaded more pictures,
my favorites maps on posts #12 #36, keep it up :D
Post automatically merged:

btw, do you like trains? 😂
I did not add anything, you must have missed some 😁

I like trains.
Do you like turtles?
Images.png

Love the new area, not a fan of these;

5be9a671c263f5cd49bcffb2d4223b48.png

I think it would look cleaner if there was less autobordered looking mountain, but otherwise it looks great, keep it up dude. :)

I did not like the scenery in the lava environment very much. For me this is more like a hunting place rather than a good setting.
However, it works well like that as it is and does not require changes if you consider it "a game only".

The last setting is very cool though. Even though the images look very similar, I will take some of the stuff as inspiration for sure :)
Keep it up!

Thanksthankhshanks!1!1one! I'am learning from the best ones! Keep posting your stuff guys! 😁

I did not like the scenery in the lava environment very much. For me this is more like a hunting place rather than a good setting.
However, it works well like that as it is and does not require changes if you consider it "a game only".
It is a hunting place 😁 I feel like few details here and there are wrong or missing, I guess I will spend a little time trying to amend the location slightly. I am also trying not to detail my maps too much, because the whole map wouldn't ever be finished 😅 Primary goal is to make a location fun to play and also large, and keep solid level of esthetics when possible. Any ideas of improving would always be appreciated! ^^

And well... I guess it's time for minimap update!
projectunknown27032021_7.png

Slowly moving forward, map already has 34mb and growing, plenty of stuff still missing, I guess it might have somewhere around 50mb when finished. Or in fact ready to be played, I should precisely say, not finished.

[149]
farm7.png

[150]
farm6.png

[151]
farm2.png

[152]
coast3.png

[153]
coast6.png

Man, i just Love scrolling thru this thread, so many good mapping pieces.

Love how it's such a classic but yet new feeling in some of them, and also some really creative ones aswell. It's a nice mix and great for inspiration! Keep it coming mate!

Your work was the inspiration for some of my locations, so there is a little bit of you mixed in those maps!

Would love to play this! Any plans to start a server soon? There are so few well mapped custom servers out there it’s sad.

Last edited: